Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

193.JPG
189.JPG
DSC00499.JPG
DSC00498.JPG
#1 12 years ago

It looks like its been about 4 months since this came up, so I hope no one minds a refresh.

My SM has a cracked Sandman plastic and I'm looking for a replacement without getting a whole set (the last thing i need is a 3rd set of original ugly sling plastics) at $175.

I found one at Little Shop of Games for $35. Just wondering if that's a decent price or not (understanding the subjective nature of the question) - particularly since its the only one I've found being sold by itself.

I also had a question regarding plastics protectors. I noticed pin bits had three different sets (with two looking like blue version). It appears as if the plastics actually hold up rather well - inside right ramp and sandman being the exceptions. Have others noticed other SM plastics prone to breaking? Are one of the protector sets better than another, or overblown for whats actually needed?

#2 12 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

I found one at Little Shop of Games for $35. Just wondering if that's a decent price or not (understanding the subjective nature of the question) - particularly since its the only one I've found being sold by itself.

That is a reasonable price it is what I got it for at Pinball Life about 6 months back I would definitely put protector under sandman since it was broken on mine and heard it is prone to break. You will need to take out all screws holding left ramp in and lift it up out of the way to install the Sandman protector. I considered myself lucky that I was able to buy the sandman plastic by itself most places won't do this for us. I got the pinbits protector set with the blue webbies only put protectors in a few areas they look great and protects well.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I got the pinbits protector set with the blue webbies only put protectors in a few areas they look great and protects well

Did you install the webbies (assuming these are the ones that go over the slingshot and inlane)? Do you have a pic of them installed you can post?

I'm thinking I might simply get a protector set, and then a back alley sandman (something I was already eying) to cover the crack.

#4 12 years ago

I think the webs look great and well worth it. Here are some pics to help you decide. DSC00498.JPGDSC00498.JPG DSC00499.JPGDSC00499.JPG

#5 12 years ago

wow...those do look nice. I'm still on the fence with the back alley spider sense plastic...but it sure looks nicer than original. I'm assuming the spider on the web is just a trinket you picked up somewhere.

It looks like the pinbits set I'd need is outta stock (blue webs with some of the other protectors). I might have to pick up both the other sets to get all the parts I want/need.

Thanks Dude.

#6 12 years ago

No problem at all glad to help when I can.

Quoted from wizzardz:

I'm assuming the spider on the web is just a trinket you picked up somewhere.

Pinbits was nice enough to include the red spider in one of my orders at no extra cost, gotta love that! You may want to email them to see when they will have more in stock. I think the webs are a great addition.

#7 12 years ago

here is my SM

189.JPG189.JPG 193.JPG193.JPG

#8 12 years ago

That's totally blinged out, tatman. How well is the sticker set holding up? I kinda like them over the blank targets, but don't want to be buying a new set at $40 a pop every few months because i tore up a goblin.

As a side question - when are the red (Doc) and yellow (sandman) dome lights supposed to light (if at all)? I have a number of bulbs out, but not sure which since some don't even light up in attract mode.

After the plastics are worked out, i plan on updating the lighting. I like the blue for the inlane lights - and I already have a goblin and venom light set on the way.

#9 12 years ago

Just do a test in the menu 'all bulbs and flashers' and you will be able to tell which ones are out remember you need to push down that switch behind the coin door (the one it hits when door closes) for all the bulbs to light in the test mode.

#10 12 years ago

They look great

#11 12 years ago

The red spider came with my Pinbits speaker spider set. Was wondering where it was supposed to go.
I put plastic protectors on all my pins. Worth the money IMO.
I would also get Cliffy's ramp protector as that ramp started cracking on mine within a week.
The target stickers have held up fine so far on all my pins.

#12 12 years ago

I just ordered both Cliffy's for the SM and BK. I don't see any wear in front of sandman targets, but the inside right ramp is somewhat beat. It's odd that's the only one that doesn't have a metal guard.

I was looking at the speaker set as well, but they are out of stock last I looked. Of course they were out of the plastic protectors and became in-stock as I was shopping.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

the one it hits when door closes

I had a feeling that's why I couldn't get some of them going

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
$ 25.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.