• Latest reply 11 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-amazing-spider-man-christmas-keeps.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I just finally picked up a Spiderman...i know about the Back Alley mods and am on the list to get them and have a speaker/sub kit on its way...any other mods i should be looking for? for LED's i am going to go with the kit for the inserts and flashers but what do people typically do for the GI lights? anyone know where you can get the bank sticker for this game? anything else that are must have's?

#2 11 years ago

Used coin taker premium 2s , matching all colors. Looks great.

#3 11 years ago

I'll plug my own stuff, why not. Here are the kits we have for Spiderman.

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/sg-spiderman/4555271404

Thanks,
Brandon

#4 11 years ago

Yes...don't cheap out on the LEDs. It still amazes me that people will spend so much on LEDs but won't spend an extra $50 to get ones that actually work right. For a Stern machine make sure they are non ghosting bulbs (CT premiums, Ghostbusters, No Flix+ or something else that eliminates the ghosting).

I highly recommend a red DMD cover from Pinbits (when they get them back in stock) and also (blatant plug) the Spider-Man acrylic set and a lit speaker kit from PinballToppers.com.

I would recommend a plastic protector set also if one isn't already installed and also a Cliffy ramp protector to protect / cover up the left side of the right ramp entrance. Protect yourself...word!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I'll plug my own stuff, why not. Here are the kits we have for spiderman.
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/sg-spiderman/4555271404
Thanks,
Brandon

Thumbs up to arcadeupkeep's backbox flashers. I added them on my BSM and they look great.

#6 11 years ago

Just picked up Spiderman and have some wear around Doc magnet and hole. Where is a good place I can get protectors and is there a good way to repair chipped wood or paint? Anyone know?

#7 11 years ago

I had a Blast w/ my Spidey ,, lOOK thru this Link , I documented Everything ... And Congrat's

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/08-spiderman-is-n-the-br-grg

#8 11 years ago

B R great thread-Thanks-I will be going through my spidey and this will be great! Did you get an IM yet?

#9 11 years ago

My priority order...

1) Speaker/sub kit
2) PBL/Cointaker non-ghosting Led's....I prefer PBL
3) Building/Subway mod from Matt
4) Shaker...don't like it in SM as much as Lotr
5) Light kits from Hemi...not in yet so they may move up the list
6) Doc Ock and Green Goblin mods

Have fun!

#10 11 years ago

I have the PBL leds in my spidey. the ghostbusters are great! No ghosting at all.
Shaker in spidey is a must have!
Allso have the kit from arcadeupkeep and that looks like it should be there all along.
Have the Dock Ock mod which is great, hooked it up to the flasher, Goblin mod is on it's way!
PBL has got the goblin and venom led mod which is really nice.
Allso got some small figures from new goblin and black spiderman and added these.

Lot's of mods to get for a Spiderman

#11 11 years ago

Got small figurines Spiderman Set at Disney store last weekend. $19.99 for set. They are pretty detailed. I put them on top of backbox.

#12 11 years ago

if you go with LEDs, think about getting the LED OCD board. I did and am very happy with the results, no need to buy premiums because the board gets rid of that for you, and it also fades the LEDs instead of having them flicker.

This is my spiderman thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-spiderman-time-for-mods-and-ledshelp

ps, Im still waiting to get my mods from Back Alley, its been over 2 months now. He is super busy with his SkitB and JJP commitments. So consider that.

#13 11 years ago

I get mine from cointaker. They're excellent!- but I've found their sets to be inconsistent. I always get too few (usually short one or two) and sometimes too many! (score!).

Sometimes I got the "warm/retro" for GI when it should have been bright etc.

I'm sure if I had thousands of bulbs in bins that I put together into kits I would make mistakes too- but the cost is kinda' high for the consistent minor mistakes.

Overall- I like their bulbs better than others so I put up with it. they're a nice couple too so I cut 'em slack.

#14 11 years ago

by the way I put in a spidey ornament from this year. it looks perfect facing sandman!

the-amazing-spider-man-christmas-keeps.jpgthe-amazing-spider-man-christmas-keeps.jpg

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

B R great thread-Thanks-I will be going through my spidey and this will be great! Did you get an IM yet?

Yr Welcome cool !! and No on the IM ( yet ) ...

Quoted from iceman44:

4) Shaker...don't like it in SM as much as Lotr

No Shaker in SM is like No Shaker in ES !!

#16 11 years ago

SM is fantastic with the shaker/sub woofer combo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-led-and-mod-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.