View topic image gallery

ed.jpg
image-101.jpg
BSM_translite.jpg
Picture_034.jpg
Picture_023.jpg
100_1376.JPG
010.JPG

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 13 years ago

I have decided to sell my Stern Spiderman LE that I bought brand new in fall 2009. The machine plays 100% with no issues at all. Cabinet and playfield are perfect. There are no broken or worn looking plastics anywhere. All playfield bulbs were changed over to LEDs (I still have the old bulbs). The machine also has the green goblin and venom light mods. The machine is located in Upstate NY (about 100 miles south of Rochester). I cannot ship it, but would be able to help load into your vehicle. I truly do not want to sell this machine, but several things have come up, plus my game room is a little crowded the way it currently is. The price I'm asking is $3800 firm which I believe to be fair. If anyone is interested and would like more information, please let me know. Thank you.

1 year later
#2 11 years ago

I am sure this is not still available?

#3 11 years ago

Lol wtf come on You really think the guy is sitting on a $3800 spiderman trying to sell it at that price for a year?

#4 11 years ago

I think that's a fair assumption. But now it's available for discussion once again. What would like to know about it?

#5 11 years ago

that is why it is nice when it sells to put **sold** in title

#6 11 years ago

look at the pictures . Its not a limited edition , just a regular SM now the price makes sense , but would agree it is sold , this is a year old

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Its not even a limited edition

LE? Are you guys on crack? And PM the guy dont wake up a year old FS post. Please...

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

LE? Are you guys on crack? And PM the guy dont wake up a year old FS post. Please...

sorry your right , was trying to point out that the ad is wrong tihis is not an LE

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from luch:

look at the pictures . Its not even a limited edition , just a regular now the price makes sense , but would agree it is sold , this is a year old

It's hard to tell 100%, but it looks like the LE to me. It has the webbed siderails, webbies, and the signatures on the translite. Granted these things could be added to a normal one, but it looks right to be an LE to me.

But like you said, moot point since there's no way it's still available at that price...

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Lol wtf come on You really think the guy is sitting on a $3800 spiderman trying to sell it at that price for a year?

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Why beat up on someone that is new to the forum? Nice.
I know this person is new to buying pins and has been looking for a SM.

TommyZ, would suggest creating a new post with "WTB: SM...." in the title. Be sure your location info is updated on your profile.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's hard to tell 100%, but it looks like the LE to me. It has the webbed siderails, webbies, and the signatures on the translite. Granted these things could be added to a normal one, but it looks right to be an LE to me.
But like you said, moot point since there's no way it's still available at that price...

Nope, standard version. Just look at the translite, for starters.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nope (well, probably nope as like I said the stuff could have been added, but I have no reason to doubt the original poster). Black was not the only Spiderman LE made by Stern. This would appear to be a Red LE, one of 50 if I remember correctly sold exclusively through Automated Services.

#13 11 years ago

Exactly. The LE translite looks like this ...

BSM_translite.jpgBSM_translite.jpg

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Black was not the only spiderman LE made by Stern. This would appear to be a Red LE, one of 50 if I remember correctly sold exclusively through Automated Services.

I guess you learn something new every day. I never new they made red LE's.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Exactly. The LE translite looks like this ...

I know what a Black Spiderman looks like. Again, Black was not the only factory LE made. This one is much more rare, though not nearly as special, valuable, or known.

#16 11 years ago

Sounds like the guys who bought the red LE's really got the short end of the stick. I wonder if it will be the same for the people who buy the blue TAVs?

#17 11 years ago

Why do people resurrect old ass threads like this.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nope (well, probably nope as like I said the stuff could have been added, but I have no reason to doubt the original poster). Black was not the only spiderman LE made by Stern. This would appear to be a Red LE, one of 50 if I remember correctly sold exclusively through Automated Services.

Jediturtle is correct. There was a special run of 50-60 Spider-Man LE's done for Automated that were signed and have the special webbed side-rails. This is different than the Black Spider-Man edition.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/88f288ae46024079/f2ade8f23d8b5eeb?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=spiderman+special+edition#f2ade8f23d8b5eeb

#19 11 years ago

Wish this was closer.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Why do people resurrect old ass threads like this.

This, my friend, is a very good question. It's really annoying.

#21 11 years ago

automated jacks up their prices stupid high too. I bet he overpayed through the ass for it.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Jediturtle is correct. There was a special run of 50-60 Spider-Man LE's done for Automated that were signed and have the special webbed side-rails. This is different than the Black Spider-Man edition.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/88f288ae46024079/f2ade8f23d8b5eeb?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=spiderman+special+edition#f2ade8f23d8b5eeb

Thanks for the link! That was shortly before I got into the hobby. I'm surprised I've never heard of them, though. I guess it's just anther one of those things that slipped through the cracks of my pinball knowledge.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Automated jacks up their prices stupid high too.

You don't say?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sounds like the guys who bought the red LE's really got the short end of the stick. I wonder if it will be the same for the people who buy the blue TAVs?

Yea...if I remember right the price was kind of stupid (NIB at the time I mean) since you could piece one together yourself that looked the same pretty easily. At least with the blue TAVs (are we really going to use the T in that abbreviation?) you have the different artwork and the extra toys from the LE/premium version.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have this edition, but I wouldn't pay much more than normal red price for it. My heart did jump a little when I saw this thread...I was half ready to offer my STTNG as a trade or sell it straight out for this if I had to...then I realized it was a zombie thread. Doh! Oh well...don't really want to get rid of STTNG yet...but a SM would be about the only thing I would do it for!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

At least with the blue TAVs (are we really going to use the T in that abbreviation?)

LOL! I originally pushed for "AV" to be the official abbreviation, but people convinced me that it could be confused with Avatar.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

LOL! I originally pushed for "AV" to be the official abbreviation, but people convinced me that it could be confused with Avatar.

I must have missed that discussion. Probably glad I did! Now that you bring it up though, I can see the Avatar problem too..hadn't thought of that. Oh well...I guess TAF has been working well for Addams Family, so why not.

#26 11 years ago

So I have to ask...
I bought a SM from a non-pin guy...he bought it from Automated and it a later run. Game only had 137 plays on it

The guy claims he did nothing to it (which I kinda believe) and it has the webbed rails..he said it came that way.

What were the difference in the 50 or so LEs? Do you know where they were signed?

I don't see any value increase because of the LE...but just curious if this is one of them

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

So I have to ask...I bought a SM from a non-pin guy...he bought it from Automated and it a later run. Game only had 137 plays on it
The guy claims he did nothing to it (which I kinda believe) and it has the webbed rails..he said it came that way.
What were the difference in the 50 or so LEs? Do you know where they were signed?
I don't see any value increase because of the LE...but just curious if this is one of them

The later runs did have webbed rails, stock.

#28 11 years ago

That I did not know...which makes more sense

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

automated jacks up their prices stupid high too. I bet he overpayed through the ass for it.

some people are into that

#30 11 years ago

Like treborlicec said. The last batch of regular Spider-Man had webbed side rails. I believe the last run was in late 2009.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

So I have to ask...I bought a SM from a non-pin guy...he bought it from Automated and it a later run. Game only had 137 plays on it

Here's a blurb that Google found. I think it's from Automated's old ebay listing:

STERN PINBALL is making a special LIMITED EDITION run of 50 to 60 spiderman pinball machines EXCLUSIVELY for us. The machine will feature black web flipper armour (just like the spiderman Black's silver armour only black) and 3 "WEBBIES". Steve Ritchie Productions' "Webbies" upgrade are included and FACTORY installed in every one of these Spider-Man games. The Webbies are colorful glossy Laser-Cut Lucite replacement webs for the drab clear ones that normally come with the game. The Webbies are attached to the Doc Ock and Sandman Web Slingers, and the ball shooter rail. They are transparent and add a nice splash of color and light to the game, for a sharp truly Limited Edition look. The translite will be signed by Gary Stern and the Designer, Steve Ritchie. As a special BONUS, an Official, Stern brochure signed by Ritchie will also be included with the machine. These pinball machines are being made EXCLUSIVELY for us as a THANK YOU for being STERN PINBALL'S LARGEST DISTRIBUTOR!

#32 11 years ago

did not know

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This, my friend, is a very good question. It's really annoying.

And yet some of us learned that there were in fact red SM LE's by it being resurrected.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

markmon said:

Hwawonyu said:

Why beat up on someone that is new to the forum? Nice.
I know this person is new to buying pins and has been looking for a SM.

TommyZ, would suggest creating a new post with "WTB: SM...." in the title. Be sure your location info is updated on your profile.

Fair point. MY LE comment was at Luch who has rated 13 games and has SM as a 10. so I figured he would be an expert. I also made sure when when asking new guy to not revive posts that I said please at the end.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

And yet some of us learned that were in fact red SM LE's by it being resurrected.

Not sure those are really LE editions per Stern. They took the Steve Ritchie lackage anyone could sell and installed them, or Automated did. But I think its pushing the envelope compared to Stern selling an LE edition.
Also reviving an ancient FS post versus creating a new thread saying looking to buy and learn about SM is worth noting. Not beating up a newbie but offering forum advice.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Fair point. MY LE comment was at Luch who has rated 13 games and has SM as a 10. so I figured he would be an expert. I also made sure when when asking new guy to not revive posts that I said please at the end.

I have a black spiderman with chrome everywhere and ltd plaque on backbox front , that's what i was basing my comments on . it seems i was wrong , did not know there were 50 - 60 special LE made , i did not know , so sorry for any confusion

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from luch:

I have a black spiderman with chrome everywhere and ltd plaque on backbox front , that's what i was basing my comments on . it seems i was wrong , did not know there were 50 - 60 special LE made , i did not know , so sorry for any confusion

No apologies on any part. Actually a good discussion as mentioned above. I wonder if vendore can start producing Limited, Limited editions : )

#38 11 years ago

gives you a good perspective on how much these things have gone up in a year!!!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

And yet some of us learned that there were in fact red SM LE's by it being resurrected.

Point well taken. In this particular case it did indeed result in something positive coming out of it. My comment wasn't necessarily meant to be an indictment against the person who resurrected this thread. It came more from a place of frustration. We have been seeing more and more very old threads resurrected lately, and usually for no logical reason. I suspect that certain people who got banned from the site are behind many of these old threads coming back to life.

You have reminded me, however, that some people are new to forums in general. We tend to assume that everyone who comes here is internet savvy, but this is not necessarily the case. I think we could all benefit by showing a little more patience sometimes.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

all benefit by showing a little more patience sometimes.

Darn humble pie...

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

This is correct. I have one. If anyone would like to know more about it feel free to ask.

The differences:
- Webbed Side Rails
- Colored Webbies on the PF
- Signed @ Factory from Ritchie & Stern
- Limited Edition Plaque (in chrome above the DMD)
- Misc Chrome Trim pieces around the backbox and bottom front edge of the cabinet

#42 11 years ago

Speaking of webbing.....

What if, when a topic is "necromanced" and is over, say 6 months old, the grey background bar has a spiderweb on it to show that it's an old thread?

Not necessarily relating to SM or anything, just to show that it's old and had been collecting dust.

Whaddaya think?

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

What if, when a topic is "necromanced" and is over, say 6 months old, the grey background bar has a spiderweb on it to show that it's an old thread?

I like it!

#44 11 years ago

I wish they would run more sm games

Funny how people rag on a noob resurrecting an old thread but then 20 seasoned posters start posting in it all day instead of just letting it call off the radar again.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Like treborlicec said. The last batch of regular Spider-Man had webbed side rails. I believe the last run was in late 2009.

My SM was the last from the less cheapened run with the playfield rails instead of the pegs from March-April 2009. I didn't have any webbed side rails. But I believe in late 2009 early 2010 Stern ran about 50 red LE SM's. And yes, Automated Services was the supplier.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun" #190

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Funny how people rag on a noob resurrecting an old thread but then 20 seasoned posters start posting in it all day instead of just letting it call off the radar again.

Let 'em rag. Just chit chat now. It's all good man.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun" #190

#48 11 years ago

I called him and now he wants $6,800...and he doesn't even own it anymore!

1 year later
#49 9 years ago

Is this Sold yet ?

#50 9 years ago

I think we should make a rule on Pinside that if a member frivolously bumps an obvious "dead" thread that he/she should be given an immediate 1 week suspension. It wastes bandwidth for the site and more importantly everyone's time. This is clearly egregious and not really funny either.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-le-for-sale-3800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.