(Topic ID: 19214)

Spiderman Doc Ock Mod

By J85M

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4760_Green-goblin.jpg
    IMG_6364.JPG
    IMG_6363.JPG
    !cid_1006122238.jpg
    !cid_1006122236.jpg
    SM.jpg
    IMG_1249.JPG
    !cid_0724122221.jpg
    !cid_0724121936.jpg
    !cid_0724121923.jpg
    !cid_0724121906.jpg
    !cid_0714121208.jpg
    !cid_0714121159.jpg
    !cid_0714120015.jpg
    !cid_0714120010.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

I'm out on the swap out biz for sure.
    These are a pain in the butt. Those arms are too long for a me to get the look I'm happy with.
    BigLaw good job with it...back to the drawing board.
    I used flat top 3mm leds wide lens and they look good but the back side just doesnt look right yet.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

I'm out on the swap out biz for sure.
    These are a pain in the butt. Those arms are too long for a me to get the look I'm happy with.
    BigLaw good job with it...back to the drawing board.
    I used flat top 3mm leds wide lens and they look good but the back side just doesnt look right yet.

Same here hooked the real trick to this mod is concealing the mod itself, my first had wires running down back of tenticles you couldn't see them as they where painted exactly like tenticle arms but "I" knew they where there and could see them when I was looking for them so went back to the drawing board myself, the mod is a major pain in the ass I agree!

1 week later
    #54 11 years ago

Big thanks to biglaw, I got my doc back faster than could be expected and it looks great and works great. Thanx man your the man

#55 11 years ago

almost got the back consealed little more tweaking but these take some time will probley up price a little as these take a about 3 to 4 hrs to do.90.00 pay-pal 75.00 MO or 75.00 gift pay-pal. will be happy to help anyone that want to do one themself. drilling tenticals is hard part as not to rip them. i found a battery drill better for slow rpm. 4 led red 3mm , 1/16 and 1/8 black heat shrink.3ft of 22guage wire(red and black) 1ft of blue coated internet wire (rg6 i think) it has 4 pairs of wires. tube of loctite 5 min epoxy.and 1- 470ohm 1/4-watt resister

!cid_0724121906.jpg!cid_0724121906.jpg !cid_0724121923.jpg!cid_0724121923.jpg !cid_0724121936.jpg!cid_0724121936.jpg

#56 11 years ago

Mine should arrive to you in a few days buddy

#57 11 years ago

OK fattrain the one pictured is the one i will send back if thats OK !cid_0724122221.jpg!cid_0724122221.jpg had to fix far left tentical didnt like the looks of it in previous pic

1 week later
    #58 11 years ago

Got it back and installed. Looks / works great! I wired it to the red flashing arrow directly in front of him!

Thanks a bunch Biglaw. You did fantastic work!!!

IMG_1249.JPGIMG_1249.JPG

#59 11 years ago

Got mine back awhile ago and it looks fantastic! Thanks biglaw!

I wired mine to the spotlight so that it only turns on when you are on a doc mode.

Awesome mod!

#60 11 years ago

Thanks biglaw! I hooked mine to the doc ock flasher utilizing one of DKPinball's PIG units. Looks awesome!

3 weeks later
    #61 11 years ago

Got mine in the mail today. Here is a quick shot with Doc Ock back together with his friends. Quality of the craftsmanship is top notch for sure. Got mine hooked to the spotlight.
    Thanks biglaw

SM.jpgSM.jpg

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mauikiter:

Got mine in the mail today. Here is a quick shot with Doc Ock back together with his friends. Quality of the craftsmanship is top notch for sure. Got mine hooked to the spotlight.
    Thanks biglaw

Nice picture!

#63 11 years ago

This mod is a must for all SM owners.

#64 11 years ago

Big thanks to Biglaw for making such a quality mod that looks so clean. Well worth what he charges for it IMO. Looks great, got mine hooked up to the spot light very happy with the results. Well played Biglaw, well played!

#66 11 years ago

Thanks guys. JonM didnt mean to take over your thread. i just wanted to mention i have 3 doc ock ready if anyone wants one. 150.00 ea. no swapout but will have to be check or Money Order that will include shipping.i can do paypal but have to add 2% for fees. i will ship to Canada or UK. also will still do the swapout deal. all 3 are sold. will still do swap out

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from biglaw:

Thanks guys. JonM didnt mean to take over your thread. i just wanted to mention i have 3 doc ock ready if anyone wants one. 150.00 ea. no swapout but will have to be check or Money Order that will include shipping.i can do paypal but have to add 2% for fees. i will ship to Canada or UK. also will still do the swapout deal.

No problem at all man, I had enough of this mod making my prototype, I couldnt imagine making more than the one, I'm just glad my thread and prototype seemed to push some more talented people like yourself to make a more improved version. Your mod is first rate looks amazing BigLaw so hijack as much as you need man

#68 11 years ago

Mauikiter - did you swap out your spotlight or just remove the silver pieces?

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

Mauikiter - did you swap out your spotlight or just remove the silver pieces?

He just removed them to put a ultra bright bulbs in there. Ultra bright bulbs tend to pop out if you have the silver pieces over em.

#70 11 years ago

gotcha...actually may look a little better IMO

1 month later
    #71 11 years ago

This is a great looking mod. Looks stock.
    Question; How do you have the wire run thru the playfield? I put it thru the hole under the left opto but the wire's stiffness is keeping Doc from lowering.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

This is a great looking mod. Looks stock.
    Question; How do you have the wire run thru the playfield? I put it thru the hole under the left opto but the wire's stiffness is keeping Doc from lowering.

I think I am actually experiencing a bit of this now myself... He just keeps raising and lowering because he never quite hits the bottom switch....

#73 11 years ago

i removed the triangle looking plastic under doc flasher 2 screws. and ran wire between web and bracket .then through playfield with the flasher wire. left a little slack for movement !cid_1006122236.jpg!cid_1006122236.jpg !cid_1006122238.jpg!cid_1006122238.jpg

#74 11 years ago

Thank you for the pics. I ended up zip tying the wire to the vertical metal arm/track (where his right leg would be) which lifts the figure up and down. This kept the wire from catching on the clear plastic between doc and the ramp. But I did run the wire along the flasher wire and then under the right ramp. Not sure why I didn't notice that route before. Seems to be fine now. Now I have the power of the Sun in the palm of my, uh, claws.

4 months later
    #75 11 years ago

Installed mine today. This is a great mod that really looks like it came with the game.

+1 for biglaw

10 months later
    #76 10 years ago

After following this post I had to get the Mods that biglaw has made up. Pictures don't do justice, first here is Doc Ock:
    IMG_6363.JPGIMG_6363.JPG

The workmanship in a word is impressive. The mods arrived with a z connection and molex connection making it easy to get power from the spotlights which integrates perfectly with the pin. As the machine sits unused the LEDs are on. As you play, the LEDs are off until you battle the villains, then on go the spotlights and the LEDs. The LEDs serve as a better reminder that you have unfinished business with the villains, which is particularly helpful with green goblin. Here he is:
    IMG_6364.JPGIMG_6364.JPG

I liked biglaws green goblin with the pumkin bomb in hand and 2 on the glider, but when I saw the following picture I thought that 2 blue LEDS at the front of the glider would look nice and biglaw pulled it off very nicely:
    4760_Green-goblin.jpg4760_Green-goblin.jpg

I really like GG with the 2 blue and 1 orange LEDs, looks really sharp. Now playing the game with the mods installed, they look so good and integrate so nicely, it's like that came with the machine. Highly recommended!

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-doc-ock-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.