• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

DERRRPP

#2 8 years ago

Price seams ok for a great title like sm,I would shop it and touch up the wear and add a cliffy mag protector and enjoy.i don't think you will loose money on it.

I would have bought this example for 3200 instead of my Huo example for 5000.00 and with all the money you saved buying a routed game you can add some cool mods like lighted doc ock and tons of other stuff

#3 8 years ago

Not looking to resell. I have been after a SM for a while. I would have to spend more time with it to know if it's a long term keeper. Spent an hour playing one day, really enjoyed it. Huge fan growing up. I have an AFM Which is very similar to SM...

#4 8 years ago

Man where is that? I wish that were near me so I could get in line!

#5 8 years ago

You have all top 10 pinball machines . CV should be in top 10 . So I can understand you vacillating . It will always bother you. But if you do pull the trigger . You will still enjoy the SM . And if resale is an option . You will get your money back. If you do purchase it. If you cover The magnet with mylar cut a circle hole just INSIDE the outer edge of the magnet. It will through the pinball better . When I covered my magnet fully it did not through the pinball up into the Doc Ock hole as well. And if you do cover the magnet / wear area . If you replace the mylar at any point. There is a possibility of taking more of the chipping playfield along with the mylar. So Freeze the hell out of the mylar and remove very slowly. If you got money to burn pass . It all comes down to diminishing returns I suppose. Peace , Rob

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Hey everyone. Any suggestions on spiderman Doc Ock Magnet wear? I know there are cliffys and myler. But in my particular situation what do you suggest? See attached Picture.
I have the opportunity to pick up a spiderman, but the wear worries me. Price would be around $3200. Yay or nay? Cabinet and everything else is above average. It was on route.
PART951427823147030952015033195124600.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
PART951427823202026952015033195124704.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

At that price get it, play the crap out of it while also buying a replacement playfield for later.

#7 8 years ago

3200 and the game is nice outside of that one spot? Of so, I'd buy it everyday of the week plus twice on Sunday if it was local. Great game for a good price. Fairly easy to fix if it bugs the heck out of you.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

3200 and the game is nice outside of that one spot? Of so, I'd buy it everyday of the week plus twice on Sunday if it was local. Great game for a good price. Fairly easy to fix if it bugs the heck out of you.

+1

#9 8 years ago

I would buy it in a heartbeat at that price

#10 8 years ago

Absolutely buy it at that price. Put some mylar or a cliffy on to prevent further wear. In the future if you want to fix it, I'm sure someone will come out with a decal for that area (or you could make your own).

#11 8 years ago

Ok, I bit the bullet. I now own a SM....

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It'll be a great player pin after some minor loving!

#12 8 years ago

Congrats mate! Hope I get lucky soon, too!

#13 8 years ago

Awesome price.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Congrats mate! Hope I get lucky soon, too!

If I decide its not for me, you'll be the first pm.

Does anyone have a link for the magnet cliffy?

#15 8 years ago

You made the right call. I've never seen one in the $3k range, and very few in the $4k range.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

If I decide its not for me, you'll be the first pm.
Does anyone have a link for the magnet cliffy?

I'd be curious to see what you think compared to the rest of the games in your collection. I had mine for about nine weeks before I got rid of it.

#17 8 years ago

Classic game,I bought mine new In 2007 for 3800.00 and just bought back a Huo 2007 for 5000
Just hang on to it even if it gets a little stale over the years ,you will always go back to it,just a great game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-doc-ock-magnet-repair-suggestions-buy-or-pass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.