Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ozdave
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
Doc Ock Magnet.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have a Spiderman with bad wear around the Doc Ock Magnet. I was hoping to find a decal that I could apply over the area to hide the wear. I will need to fix / build up the wear area so that it is level but was hoping to just be able to apply a decal, if one was available, and then put a piece of mylar over it. I have a new magnet core that I will be installing but would prefer to wait till I fix that area up before installing the new core.

Any help would be appreciated! I heard that this can be pretty common on Spiderman's so thought maybe someone had already made a decal for the area. Alternatively, I was thinking that maybe a high resolution picture of that area could be used to create a decal.

This is how the magnet area looks now....decal would have to be pretty big to cover up the wear.

Doc Ock Magnet.jpg

Thanks
Ed

#2 4 years ago

I had the same however nobody had a scan i put a cliffy magnet ring over it. That covered it up 90%

#3 4 years ago

I don't have a scanner but I would be happy to take some pics of mine when I get home so you can have one made.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't have a scanner but I would be happy to take some pics of mine when I get home so you can have one made.

I've got a new playfield and an HP flat scanner if someone wants to make a decal.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I've got a new playfield and an HP flat scanner if someone wants to make a decal.

I would like to have a copy of that scan. PM sent

#6 4 years ago

Thanks Metahugh! PM sent.

With a good scan of the Playfield area, can anyone recommend the best way to make a high quality decal?

What would you recommend printing it on? Would this be something that could be brought into Staples to print?

Any advice from someone that has done this before would be greatly appreciated!

#7 4 years ago

I'll see if i can get a scan today and post it online.

Regarding printing some guys can reverse print on Mylar, that is what I would recommend.

Here is the magnet area on my game:

image.jpg

#8 4 years ago

I wish there was a good way to protect this area. I have a mylar circle on mine but they don't last very long. Has anyone come up with a good solution yet?

#9 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay, here is the scan in TIF format. 600DPI, no LZW compression.

http://www.richmondpinball.com/Uploads/SM-Doc_Ock.tif

Hope it helps!

Hugh

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I wish there was a good way to protect this area. I have a mylar circle on mine but they don't last very long. Has anyone come up with a good solution yet?

Make sure your magnet core is not mushrooming and is level with the playfield surface. Mylar by itself will not prevent damage. The magnet core mushrooming was what caused the damage on my playfield. Essentially it cuts into the playfield and the art/paint/wood flakes off. My game was routed hence the damage.

#11 4 years ago

Hugh,

Thanks so much for posting this. Hopefully I can fix that area on my previously routed machine. Everything else on my playfield looks great with the exception of that one area!.

Ed

#12 4 years ago

Thanks for the scan! I will be checking the height of the magnet too.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

I had the same however nobody had a scan i put a cliffy magnet ring over it. That covered it up 90%

I highly recommend the cliffy kits, they really save your playfield. Here's a link: http://www.passionforpinball.com/Spiderman.htm

Also ask Cliff to add the magnet ring for the Spiderman as it will more then likely resolve the cosmetic problem. Here's what they look like: http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica/Met-install-071.jpg

Hope that helps!

#14 4 years ago

The Cliffy magnet protectors tend to lift up. A decal and some mylar is probably the best option for the OP. With mylar you will want to cut out the part where the core is located or else the mylar will bubble up.

#15 4 years ago

Before I install the decal, I want to build up the worn spot underneath so that it is flat. Any recommendations on what to use to build it up?
Thanks
Ed

2 months later
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Sorry for the delay, here is the scan in TIF format. 600DPI, no LZW compression.
http://www.richmondpinball.com/Uploads/SM-Doc_Ock.tif
Hope it helps!
Hugh

Hi did anyone actually resize this in photoshop to the right size?

If so could you kindly re-post it. Or if anyone would like to give a small tutorial to getting it to the right size and shape in photoshop would be appreciated thanks.

Regards David

4 years later
#17 4 months ago

Hi, did anyone make a decal out of this and apply it to their playfield?

I have this same problem and have ordered a Cliffy kit to cover it up but if someone made a decal look good I could give it a shot too

I also have wear around my pop bumpers and was thinking of doing the same thing.

Thanks!

David

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Smithville, MO
5,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Athens, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 64.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 1,000.00
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside