• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Meegis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1464274721594-1988538322_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So it seems there is an issue with doc ock on stern spiderman. I am having a vuk issue, and I'm not sure why.

I tried searching, and this is the only link I found: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-alert-doc-ock-vuk-devise-malfunction

No replies there so thought I'd ask in a new thread based on my own symptoms.

The doc ock opto works fine in both game and test mode. The vuk works for the most part, but once in a while it just dies out and doesn't do anything.

The game makes the noise it should when it pops the ball. And it will also go into ball search when it doesn't find it.

This is the weird part: the switch is fine, so it has no reason to go in to ball search, but it still does.

When I go into test mode, the coil fires sometimes, but other times it just does nothing.

I can't seem to see any loose wire or broken solder, so I'm just confused.

Any recommendations?

#6 7 years ago

Interesting.... I'll see if I can change the switch...

Quoted from Syco54645:

Mine was acting up and it was the switch not working all the time. Replace the switch and it should be fine. I should also note that the switch tested fine but in use it did not work correctly most of the time.

Do you remember the part number or type of switch? (I'm no where near home and can't check at all)

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

180-5209-00 Is the switch that is in the Doc Ock VUK
http://pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2946

Thanks greatly

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yes that was it. I bent my arm slightly and it worked much better. Replacing the switch makes it work perfect. I guess the metal arm can't take the abuse that it gets.

Bent up or down? May as well try that, as if it breaks or gets worse, I'm gonna replace anyway

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The switch has absolutely nothing to do with the kicker not firing sometimes in coil test mode. Having extra switch or two never hurts though so not discouraging you from getting it just trying to address the issue.
Now if your doing switch test by rolling ball in to trigger it and it doesn't fire then it may very well be the switch. But if in coil test and it doesn't fire all the time it's not a switch issue. If you haven't already test coil in coil test mode to see if it fires all the time. Hope that make sense.

Makes complete sense. And to answer, I've done both. Using ball in switch test and also just using menu keys to fire coil.

It's an odd problem, but seems to be semi common.

#14 7 years ago

Pulled out the coil. Was hacked to shit on the side I couldn't see before removal.

Switch seems ok, but may still replace it anyway since I have the assembly out.

Someone melted both posts plastics with a soldering iron.

1464274721594-1988538322_(resized).jpg1464274721594-1988538322_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-doc-ock-issue?tu=Meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.