5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

678D13D4-7D37-4802-9B07-FCF74F3BFF6C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I took Spidey to our local Comic-Con here in Wichita recently, and the sound hasn’t worked since then. Worked fine before we moved it, but once we got it to the convention center and reattached the header it would not produce sounds.
I checked the speaker connections, but I suspect it is the pins in the connector to the sound board, as it is one of the few connectors that hadn’t been repinned by the previous owner.
My sons birthday party is this weekend, so I’ve got a lot of projects to finish up before then. Considering I’ve not repinned before, I’m not sure I have the time to get it done and also don’t want to hose up anything else, as everything else in the game seems to be fine.
Any tips/tricks to get the “bleeps and bloops” going again would be greatly appreciated! I’ve tried the disconnect/reconnect several times with no success.
The Wall-Crawler needs your help!

678D13D4-7D37-4802-9B07-FCF74F3BFF6C (resized).jpeg678D13D4-7D37-4802-9B07-FCF74F3BFF6C (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

Bumpin up for help. If the pins are the culprit, is there a tool that you can use to bend the pins on the connector back inward a bit? Or is that just tempting fate for a broken edge connector...

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Do you have a schematic?

I don’t...I need to order one. I’ve been meaning to do that...soon!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Did you actually need to disconnect and reconnect pins on the soundcard other than the speaker ? I think that’s all inside the head. Actually now that I think about it, the speaker is in the head as well so you probably didn’t touch that connector either ?
It is possible that just vibration from transit and tear down / setup could have affected connectors in the head, but that’s less likely than it being related to something you touched. Especially if everything else is working. Hmmm...

Probably didn’t have to, but it didn’t seem like there was enough slack in the wire loom, and it was my first time moving it in the vertical position. When I bought it a few months ago I loaded it into my suv horizontally. I had to remove the header to get it to fit in there. So when I got ready to load it up for Comic Con I figured what the heck I know how to take the header off, and better safe than sorry with the wire loom...I’d rather disconnect all of it from the boards in the header than risk those wires getting hung up on something while we are moving it.
I don’t have a logic probe just a voltmeter so it looks like I need to invest in a probe.
Thanks for the tips! I’ll do some testing and report my findings!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Did you change anything else? If you made any changes to dip switch settings is it possible you accidentally turned off sound?
Problem solving 101... what did you change just before it stopped working ? ... just disconnect and reconnect the head? Or other stuff?

I didn’t change anything else, just unplugged the connectors and then plugged them all in. I tried the dip switches but I have no manual so not sure what the factory setting is supposed to be. There are two dip switches so I tried all of the possible combinations, to no avail.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

PM me I can send you a PDF.

Done, sent you a PM
Thank You, Kind Sir!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

Seems likely your sound board isn't getting power. Maybe cold solder on your power supply board?

Possible! So I started putting new Comet LEDs in last night, and now the sound works. I imagine there is a ground wire loose or something. I had to move the wire loom on the player 3 display a little because it was in front of a bulb, and when I did that it moved the connector on the display. When that happened, the display got a little brighter. So maybe it was a coincidence but after that happened then the sound started working again. Problem solved (for now)!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-sound-no-worky?tu=MasterBlaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.