(Topic ID: 113880)

Spider Man vs Metallica pro , or other pinball ??

By psygho

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by psygho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psygho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello, first i have to apologize for mine bad English. (I live in the netherlands)

I am into a new pinball. I have had 3 pinballs.
started with an Tales from the Crypt, sold it, bought an Revenge from Mars, Sold it, bought an HUO Family guy. Yes I sold it...

The tftc,had long bal times, was relative easy to clean.
The RFM was very easy to clean, was fun, had long ball times, but was repetitive.
The FGY was newer, had decent ball times, mini playfield got bored very quickly, and was not easy to clean.

The TFC and the RFM I have had the most fun out of it. I have only place and money to get one pinball. I regret the FGY, because it was an HUO,So all was in new condition....

I like stop and go, deep rule scheets,and I like metallic ramps or wire form ramps. Do not like plastic ramps much. However, the only thing in common wich these 3 flippers was, I had regrets selling them. So that learned me that , I just have to hold on to the flipper I have got. Each flipper was better then the previous one...

with this in mind...

I can buy an Metallica pro NIB,or an 2010 modded SM HUO. for almost the same amount of money. The SM is 500 dollar cheaper.
I did play the SM , and it looks very deep. Lots to do, and what I have heard, long ball times.
I did not play MET. I like the band, and like the all metal design. I did see some papa footage of both machines.... both look appealing to me.

I have played ST LE and it was to fast for me... I played LOTR, found it an little to slow, but, the game is a older, like the idea of a newer game more... The idea is , not to sell the game, but hold on, to it. I regret selling games after all, so it tends..

How about build quality ? and of Clear coat or playfields ? Mine FGY was an older stern with some decent hardware imho, I read stern is an a budget , and read some issues with the newer generation sterns..Cutting costs on wrong items, and some playfield and clearcoat problems.

Does anyone have some input ?
Kind regards:

(I do not know how to post an poll, could anyone help me with that ?)

#9 9 years ago

Happy new year!

(I do not know how t post an poll, could anyone help me with it ??)

Thanks for the feedback! It would be a bummer to see SM come as an Vault edition.. I have only money and place to own one machine.

I like the idea of all metal design in MET. Plastics get old after some time. And SM has some plastic ramps, and is from 2010. So there could be some problems here, if I hold on to the game for more then X years.

With an NIB you have not that problem. And what does the resell value? If there is an Vault edition of SM, I think prices would go down on the regular SM.
As seen with IMVE, it is here 5200 euro, and the SM wil cost me 5000 euro. New against almost 5 year old HUO... Almost same price!

But what does quality wise ? Stern is cutting cost on the new machines. Some times its better to have an older, more well and durable buld, then new and les durable.
How are SM and MET ?? Is SM the older well build one, with no cuts on cost ? In other words, is the SM one of the "better build" flippers, before Stern cuts it costs?
I know family guy was.... But from there, I never have gotten in to this.

#14 9 years ago

Thnx for the feedback...
Odd to hear, that SM is the faster one.. You should suspect it is MET. Maybe the songs made it feel , it is fast....

But have not decided yet.. It is a tough decision...

#35 9 years ago

Thnx again for the input.
Tough choice...

Even tougher , because I can get an non led metpro NIB for 422 euro less (500 dollar), then a led pro one.
Especially the savings are fare more then a custum led job would cost me!

Only one thing. It is not the first run edition, so the fangs are gone, and there are some updated droptargets. All looks good...

Led vs no led:
I know that the backbox is different, the speakers are not on an angle, and there is no decal between the speakers, and off course there are no leds...

But is there the (cliffy style) snake protector on the no led pro, even on early fanged snake versions???
Could anyone help me with this, and are there more difference's between those 2 versions ???

#37 9 years ago

Yes SM wil cost me 5000 euro. But is its modded, has side mirror, rgb led topper, HUO and partialy ledded, But yes 5000 euro.

The MET pro Non led cost me 4660 euro. The MET pro led cost me 5082 euro.

#41 9 years ago

Update: you can find it in the Metallica's owners thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 149.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psygho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vs-metallica-pro-or-other-pinball?tu=psygho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.