Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TrueJedi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171019_202244 (resized).jpg
20171019_202250 (resized).jpg
IMG_1357 (resized).JPG
20161230_153505 (resized).jpg
20161230_153509 (resized).jpg
20161230_153513 (resized).jpg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-5_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
images.png
Unknown-7_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-5_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
images-4.jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Damn it, a good friend just got and traded a Sm and is getting a VE. He said that St and SM are not alike and SM was better. Now I think I need one. Damn this disease, I mean hobby.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I have owned several spidey machines and got to play the vault at the Allentown show it is better then the other version in every way except two things
1. Price
2. Green goblin
Other then that it blows away the original game

You forgot these.
3. Ultimate SM Art
4. Callouts

#53 3 years ago

Well I'm going to wait for some updates to decide. But the VE gets the vote. I really don't care for the Toby art. Id rather have the comic book art.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Stern missed the boat using ultimate spidey art for the VE, it's the worst of all the sm art imo.
I wonder if this was all Marvel would let them use?

I'm sure Stan Lee doesn't know about the Ultimate Crap Spidey art or he would've put an end to it a long time ago

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

I'm sure Stan Lee doesn't know about the Ultimate Crap Spidey art or he would've put an end to it a long time ago

Maybe Stan endorsed it?

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Maybe Stan endorsed it?

They made him sign off when he had his glasses off

#57 3 years ago

The VE is also SAM but the new code doesn't work on the old game. I'm told it requires more memory that's included on the sam board of the VE.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Has anyone tried the new code in an old SM? or is the VE a Spike system?

#58 3 years ago

It's now sitting at #17

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It's now sitting at #17

That's what happens when a number of pinsiders who have not yet played the machine, or were not happy that a VE was released by Stern, rated the machine poorly, just to bring it down in the ranking, after it was a whisker away from a No. 1 debut in the Top 100.

Yellow card for them!

images-4.jpeg

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

That's what happens when a number of pinsiders who have not yet played the machine, or were not happy that a VE was released by Stern, rated the machine poorly, just to bring it down in the ranking, after it was a whisker away from a No. 1 debut in the Top 100.
Yellow card for them!

Get rid of the ratings system maybe?
I have played it heaps and I believe it should sit around the same spot as the original.
Two Spidey versions to suit all tastes has to be a good thing regardless of where it sits in some ratings poll.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Get rid of the ratings system maybe?

Perhaps.

Or improve the system to exclude the top and bottom 5% of ratings?

#62 3 years ago

image_(resized).png

#63 3 years ago

Perhaps.

Exactly. How can anyone rate this game a 3 is beyond me.

As much as I dislike WOZ, I still have it a 6.5.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Exactly. How can anyone rate this game a 3 is beyond me.

Agreed.
Perhaps anyone trying to deliberately sabotage the rankings could be red carded from Pinside for a month?

#65 3 years ago

I rated SMVE 1.0's across the board because of the skinny spiderman artwork alone , he needs a sandwich and the artwork isn't good

#66 3 years ago

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! Spider-Man VE makes 2nd place on the top 100 pinball machines after ONLY 18 ratings! what a joke

Did you rate it JAY?
If so, what did you rate it?

Unknown-5_(resized).jpeg

#67 3 years ago

Perhaps.

I am neither confirming nor denying we are already doing that on all games (we do not want to help people troll game rankings by revealing the exact formula used to compile the ranking) but we feel the troll ratings are not impacting games at this time.

#68 3 years ago

I think the SMVE looks great. I watched a video of the new DMD animations and they are terrific. I'm a big fan of the original game and can't wait to play the new version. So many good choices out there!

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am neither confirming nor denying we are already doing that on all games (we do not want to help people troll game rankings by revealing the exact formula used to compile the ranking) but we feel the troll ratings are not impacting games at this time.

OK. Good. That's good to know.

Whatever formula is used to compile the rankings, it will be difficult to control trolling in small samples of ratings. I guess we need some more genuine SM VE ratings over the coming weeks before the impact of the SM VE trolls is discounted or erased by the formula.

Unknown-7_(resized).jpeg

#70 3 years ago

I rated it close to the original SM but I had to mark it down on art and audio callouts.

#71 3 years ago

Perhaps anyone trying to deliberately sabotage the rankings could be red carded from Pinside for a month?

All ratings must be approved or not by the pinside staff before they come into play.

So if anybody is manipulating the rankings it is them.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All ratings must be approved or not by the pinside staff before they come into play.
So if anybody is manipulating the rankings it is them.

Well that is certainly not true...

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well that is certainly not true...

Well then this must not be either-

" your ratings have not yet been reviewed by one of the admins. Please be patient, this may take a day or two.
This means your ratings currently don't count for the Pinside ranking list."

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well then this must not be either-
" your ratings have not yet been reviewed by one of the admins. Please be patient, this may take a day or two.
This means your ratings currently don't count for the Pinside ranking list."

I believe that is for the first the 15 ratings a person makes...

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I believe that is for the first the 15 ratings a person makes...

What about the one or two day part? or this-

" All new Pinside ratings are checked manually on a weekly basis."

#76 3 years ago

Or this (the third rating being mine ).

"This game has received its 3th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside EM Top 100 calculation!"

And it wasn't.

#77 3 years ago

Take further questions to pm O-Din, thanks. As I said earlier, we are not disposed to share all details about the rating system as we do not want to help people game the system. I do not know the answer about em ratings, I know they are a bit different due to fewer people rating them.

#78 3 years ago

I was responding to your public post that the statement I made was not true. I need say no more.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was responding to your public post that the statement I said was not true. I need say no more.

Alright, whatever, your statement still was not accurate. LOL

#80 3 years ago

If you say so, but neither are pinside's. I'm done now.

#81 3 years ago

Did you rate it JAY?
If so, what did you rate it?

Haven't played it yet so I can't rate it, but I heard it was a great game.

#82 3 years ago

Haven't played it yet so I can't rate it, but I heard it was a great game.

Oh, OK.

I guess a few of us are wondering why you thought the SM VE debut listing at No. 2 was a joke if you haven't played it but you heard it was a great game.

images.png

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Watch your ramp decals...

...and also your inserts.

image_(resized).jpeg

The machine looks more beat up after a few days than the original one does after close to 10 years.

#84 3 years ago

Oh, OK.
I guess a few of us are wondering why you thought the SM VE debut listing at No. 2 was a joke if you haven't played it but you heard it was a great game.

Because I thought it was a joke for a new machine to rate 2nd place after ONLY 18 votes.
I never said anything negative about the game besides the crappy ultimate spidey cab and translite art.
Am I free to go now officer or should I consult an attorney??

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

...and also your inserts.

The machine looks more beat up after a few days than the original one does after close to 10 years.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious

#86 3 years ago

Because I thought it was a joke for a new machine to rate 2nd place after ONLY 18 votes.
I never said anything negative about the game besides the crappy ultimate spidey cab and translite art.

I think all your attorney might do is point out that Pinside lists games in the Top 100 after 15 votes. If that too few? Maybe. What would you suggest should be the minimum sample size before a game appears in the Top 100?

Unknown-5_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#87 3 years ago

So how many of you SMVE owners have ghosting inserts? Is it just that one guy?

#88 3 years ago

Broken "spider-web" plastics from air balls at my location. Games shoots great, shit happens.

#89 3 years ago

my svme has ghosting too.

also two more in austria.

4/8 from the austrian distributor have ghosting now.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Playfield is perfect here.

All I had to do on mine was hot glue the spotlights in place.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My playfield is pretty close to perfect after 3 months of play. Very small amount of insert crazing but otherwise the clear and inserts look great.

#92 3 years ago

Perfect one here in NL.. no ghosting, 300 games in, only issue with spots falling out and a change of in/ outline switch , oops

#93 3 years ago

OPQuoted from thetoyphantom:

I think all your attorney might do is point out that Pinside lists games in the Top 100 after 15 votes. If that too few? Maybe. What would you suggest should be the minimum sample size before a game appears in the Top 100?

Are you there JAY?

images-4_(resized).jpeg

4 months later
#94 2 years ago

I have been in contact with Cliffy about getting protectors for it, but he seems to think some of his stuff won't work.

Edit: Found out what I needed to know from another post.

3 weeks later
#95 2 years ago

Who has gone color on SM VE? Does anyone have any thoughts on the LED or LCD flavor for THIS game in particular? Being cartoon style dots I'm wondering if the LED is better than the traditional color DMD (LCD)?

BTW, this game is worthy of a lot more discussion, mods, and demand. Fantastic game!

#96 2 years ago

I had one put in since last week and I think this Color DMD for the VE is the best that I have seen. Detail is amazing and with the VE being based on a cartoon, like say X-Men, it is a natural.

And yes this game is amazing and has jumped up in plays over ACDC, IM and LOTR in my house.

#97 2 years ago

I am really happy with the color DMD I put in mine, set to dots XL.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I am really happy with the color DMD I put in mine, set to dots XL.

This is where I'm a bit confused on which to buy. I would probably want dots mode as well and I thought if you're going with dots it's better to go with the $369 LED display because it was brighter? Or no, the $399 LCD is better in dots mode? If the brightness difference is negligible than I would probably just do the $399 LCD for the flexibility in display modes I guess.

#99 2 years ago

Seen both and the led version looks amazing and much better

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Who has gone color on SM VE?

I went with Color DMD (on hi res) and it is incredible to say the least. The VE was made to be in color.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Anderson, SC
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside