Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by TrueJedi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171019_202244 (resized).jpg
20171019_202250 (resized).jpg
IMG_1357 (resized).JPG
20161230_153505 (resized).jpg
20161230_153509 (resized).jpg
20161230_153513 (resized).jpg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-5_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
images.png
Unknown-7_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-5_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
images-4.jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! Spider-Man VE makes 2nd place on the top 100 pinball machines after ONLY 18 ratings! what a joke

image_(resized).jpeg

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! Spider-Man VE makes 2nd place on the top 100 pinball machines after ONLY 18 ratings! what a joke

Eh, these things have a way of correcting themselves over time. New games come in high their first week or two as only owners rate them typically...then they come in low as bashers bash for a week or two...then they settle out.

#4 2 years ago

Maybe you should buy it.

#5 2 years ago

I like spiderman ve but have yet to play it!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

I like spiderman ve but have yet to play it!

I'm the same. I saw one at TPF but didn't get to play it. Looks great to me from what I've seen but I'm interested in hearing the call outs and seeing the dots.

#7 2 years ago

Best game eVAH! The original SM was in the top 10 for a good while.

#8 2 years ago

Todd at TNT just did a great video on the VE FYI

#9 2 years ago

If The VE is in 2nd place then the original should be in 1st place.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm the same. I saw one at TPF but didn't get to play it. Looks great to me from what I've seen but I'm interested in hearing the call outs and seeing the dots.

Go to the 7:45 mark for gameplay and DMD.

#11 2 years ago

I liked the video of it, but I disliked that he was putting down the original as a sales tactic.

I have yet to play VE

Initially hated original but after code etc... it is a great game. I would like to see the differences in game so I will have to go play one.

I know Quarter world had one when I checked out GB a month ago.

#12 2 years ago

Pinside ratings are only there because owners trick the system and rank their own personal collection very high because they want the value to stay higher , dumb thing to have , and should just get rid of ratings altogether . C'mon medieval madness #1? That game is so tired and old , bash castle , woopy doo

#13 2 years ago

Love me some Spider-Man. Ve does look amazing in person, but I really liked the original anyway.

#14 2 years ago

It won't stay #2. It only has 18 ratings.

I bet if every new stern came out with complete code, like SMVE, most of them would come out at the top of the list. So many people rate them when the code sucks and then never adjust those ratings when the game is complete.

The real joke is the rating system

#15 2 years ago

I'm on the fence with this version...
I'd like to see what the completed dots look like (what I've seen so far):

I'd like to see where the market prices on the used are in about a year.

I'll have to see if one of my comic shop locations warrants having one!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm on the fence with this version...
I'd like to see what the completed dots look like (what I've seen so far):

How much more complete do you expect the dots to get? Or did you just mean you'd like to see the rest of the different animations?

#17 2 years ago

Ghostbusters knocked it out of the park with the artwork but I can't stand the artwork on the Spider-Man VE, especially the translight. For a 2016 machine it should've looked a little bit more like this.

image_(resized).jpeg

#18 2 years ago

Ghostbusters knocked it out of the park with the artwork but I can't stand the artwork on the Spider-Man VE, especially the translight. For a 2016 machine it should've looked a little bit more like this.

That doesn't fit the style guide, yo.

#19 2 years ago

There should've been a lot of villians on that translight and cab instead of someone that hardly looks like Dr Octopus. I never knew Doc Oc to be a gym rat on steroids?

image_(resized).jpeg

#20 2 years ago

Stern missed the boat using ultimate spidey art for the VE, it's the worst of all the sm art imo.
I wonder if this was all Marvel would let them use?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Stern missed the boat using ultimate spidey art for the VE, it's the worst of all the sm art imo.
I wonder if this was all Marvel would let them use?

As someone who's owned a Black Spidey and now the Vault I can without a doubt now attest the Tobey pin has got nothing on the Vault in way of anything. Missed the boat on art?? Guess it's something one has to see in person to appreciate. Stunning.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Pinside ratings are only there because owners trick the system and rank their own personal collection very high because they want the value to stay higher

I don't think that argument applies in most cases. There may be some of that going on, but usually people buy a particular game because they enjoy it above and beyond all the games they didn't buy. So of course they would tend to give that game high marks; otherwise they would have bought something else they liked better.

#23 2 years ago

I couldn't agree more. I was skeptical with the VE but it looks beautiful. I'm considering upgrading my SM now

#24 2 years ago

I played the VE... Gorgeous game. Would love to own one.

#25 2 years ago

I agree with Cybergoonie

#26 2 years ago

I think the game looks great. Awesome upgrade on the orginal.

#27 2 years ago

I have not seen or played, but I think it has a cool look. I would own if I had the room , money , and didn't already own a Star Trek which I hear is too similar in play to own both. I think comic book art is cool.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

I agree with Cybergoonie

I concur with Whitenoise3000.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

As someone who's owned a Black Spidey and now the Vault I can without a doubt now attest the Tobey pin has got nothing on the Vault in way of anything. Missed the boat on art?? Guess it's something one has to see in person to appreciate. Stunning.

I have seen and played it in person and I am stoked that you love the art but ultimate SM art is not for me, I don't find it stunning at all.
You would have been much better off keeping your black imo.
I wonder if this was all Marvel would let them use or if this was the choice Stern made?

#30 2 years ago

It is an absolutely stupid system that allows a machine to be rated #2 after 18 votes! There are easy ways arround this. Pinside should speak with a statistician and fix the parameters.
If not I have to start bashing it.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

It is an absolutely stupid system that allows a machine to be rated #2 after 18 votes! There are easy ways arround this. Pinside should speak with a statistician and fix the parameters.
If not I have to start bashing it.

Maybe you should start a ratings gripe thread
Ill add Mustang rated 178 or so.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Pinside ratings are only there because owners trick the system and rank their own personal collection very high because they want the value to stay higher ,

Or, people own the games they rate high because they love those games rather than owning games they rate low and don't like as much.

#33 2 years ago

If they would have used the old Marvel comic art I would have bought it. The Ultimate SM art makes me laugh, he looks like a roided out anorexic.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I have seen and played it in person and I am stoked that you love the art but ultimate SM art is not for me, I don't find it stunning at all.
You would have been much better off keeping your black imo.
I wonder if this was all Marvel would let them use or if this was the choice Stern made?

He finds it stunning because he bought it and now has no choice. Anyone that thinks the artwork on Spider-Man VE is stunning is probably an owner or someone who needs they're vision checked. That translite and cab art is garbage for a 2016 pinball machine. As much as these cost brand new, we should be getting beautiful works of art like in Ghostbusters.
The game may be great, but that translite and cab art is a joke.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

If they would have used the old Marvel comic art I would have bought it. The Ultimate SM art makes me laugh, he looks like a roided out anorexic.

Thank you. My point exactly

#36 2 years ago

He finds it stunning because he bought it and now has no choice. Anyone that thinks the artwork on Spider-Man VE is stunning is probably an owner or someone who needs they're vision checked. That translite and cab art is garbage for a 2016 pinball machine. As much as these cost brand new, we should be getting beautiful works of art like in Ghostbusters.

Hmm. Ghostbusters Pro is #18. I personally find it ugly, not a "beautiful work of art."

Isn't the artificially high rating of Ghostbusters just as laughable? I submit it is.

#37 2 years ago

Why so angry with the vault?

Edit-I don't think my TWD premium art is all that but the game play is awesome which is all that matters, most pins are tucked in a row of pins so you can't see much of the side of the cabs, translites can be replaced.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit-I don't think my TWD premium art is all that but the game play is awesome which is all that matters, most pins are tucked in a row of pins so you can't see much of the side of the cabs, translites can be replaced.

yes exactly i never understood why cabinet art mattered in a big collection of machines sitting so close in a row

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Hmm. Ghostbusters Pro is #18. I personally find it ugly, not a "beautiful work of art."
Isn't the artificially high rating of Ghostbusters just as laughable? I submit it is.

I agree with you. I was wrong. I think the artwork in Ghostbusters is ugly too. I wish they were all STUNNING like Spider-Man VE

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

yes exactly i never understood why cabinet art mattered in a big collection of machines sitting so close in a row

You are absolutely right. At 5-8k per machine, they should just do away with the art altogether. Who needs it when the machines sit close and you can't even see it

#41 2 years ago

Really? Is that supposed to be Bill Murray in that back glass?

Maybe more purple would help. Yes, more purple.

image_(resized).jpeg

#42 2 years ago

I have owned several spidey machines and got to play the vault at the Allentown show it is better then the other version in every way except two things
1. Price
2. Green goblin
Other then that it blows away the original game

#43 2 years ago

I think the art work on Spider-Man is great...that's why I bought it. I'm very happy to have "no choice" on my thoughts of the game.

You can't compare the artwork on Ghostbusters and Spiderman. One is a comic and the other is a representation of a live action movie .

#44 2 years ago

Spiderman VE looks great in person. There's one locally on location. Watch your ramp decals, as they delaminate.

image_(resized).jpeg

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe I'm just a good old Spidey fan? I grew up reading the comic book and appreciating the great artwork used in them over the years. This Ultimate Spidey art is by far the worst i have ever seen. I was soo disapointed with it that i just passed it by at Pinfest. Look at his body on the side of the cab, he looks like an alien on roids. The translite and cab could've included plenty of villains like on the playfield but only includes one that doesn't even look like Doc Oc. Im happy to hear the game is great, Now we just have to cross our fingers and hope that someone out there starts working on new cab art decals and translite, quick!

#46 2 years ago

He finds it stunning because he bought it and now has no choice. Anyone that thinks the artwork on Spider-Man VE is stunning is probably an owner or someone who needs they're vision checked.

I'm glad I was able to introduce the word Stunning into such a stunning thread. I find it stunning because it is in fact stunning. I don't take pinball that seriously...maybe I should buy another Black Spidey and put it next to my inferior Vault? That way I could have a "choice" on playing whichever one my friends thinks is the coolest. God knows I just wanna fit in. Honestly, I love both the original & Vault. You're probably right...I should have my eyes checked. I've always been such a loser. Damn it. This is awesome..feels like a high school click all over again. This was fun but I'm gonna go listen to my lost boys soundtrack now. Cryyyyy Litttle Sister....I'm Audi 5000 my friends.

#47 2 years ago

Roids are good, they used to be bad, but they are good now. Watch any sporting event on tv they will tell you.

#48 2 years ago

Maybe I'm just a good old Spidey fan? I grew up reading the comic book and appreciating the great artwork used in them over the years. This Ultimate Spidey art is by far the worst i have ever seen. I was soo disapointed with it that i just passed it by at Pinfest. Look at his body on the side of the cab, he looks like an alien on roids. The translite and cab could've included plenty of villains like on the playfield but only includes one that doesn't even look like Doc Oc. Im happy to hear the game is great, Now we just have to cross our fingers and hope that someone out there starts working on new cab art decals and translite, quick!

It's just a pinball machine... Play it and have fun. Art is meant to be fun, too. It is. The game looks great and plays great.

#49 2 years ago

Has anyone tried the new code in an old SM? or is the VE a Spike system?

#50 2 years ago

New version works for me. I already rated the original SM dont know why I need to rate it again.

Not trying to be a jerk but if someone doesn't like the VE that's there problem not mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 28.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside