• 64 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I'm in.

I love the look over the movie trilogy version.

#2 8 years ago

At that price, you may be the only one!

Enjoy your pin but I prefer the old look Spiderman to the new, anorexic Marvel Universe Spidey.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

At that price, you may be the only one!
Enjoy your pin but I prefer the old look Spiderman to the new, anorexic Marvel Universe Spidey.

Means I'll get the game pretty quick. lol

#4 8 years ago

You can use the money you would have spent on jets playoff tix

#5 8 years ago

I'm in and here's why.

I have loved the game since I first played it at the pinball expo 2014.
This game works in my household loaded with young grandkids, won't scare the bejesus out of them.
Getting the original SM just didn't work out probably my fault.
Yes the old SM is great but I would rather buy new, I'm big on condition and pay for it. (kind of like a car new costs more than used)
This is a proven winner and one I plan on keeping for a long time.
I have the perfect open spot for it on one side of the basement where my IMVE is.
I'm really digging the idea of these VE's.

cheers,

#6 8 years ago

Not with ultimate SM artwork and those call outs.
If it had better artwork and audio call outs I would have jumped.

#7 8 years ago

I applaud your efforts OP, but I would expect this thread to be more than 50% populated by more complaints.
I'm in, just for your data point but I'll be farked if I'm going to fight the hate train any more.

#8 8 years ago

So far that's three.

#9 8 years ago

Why would anyone say "yes" just to have people call them names. Many many more will buy this beautiful pin.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I applaud your efforts OP, but I would expect this thread to be more than 50% populated by more complaints.
I'm in, just for your data point but I'll be farked if I'm going to fight the hate train any more.

No hate here just opinion, if you want it buy it.
I don't like it and think the original is better but I would have jumped if the overall package was better than what has been released.
It's all good, it's just pinball.

#11 8 years ago

Where is the poll?

#12 8 years ago

I was tempted! but if I blow my wad and GB looks awesome I will be SOL... I'm gunna have to sit this one out

#14 8 years ago

I'm on the fence. I need to see more video's of the modes and also would like to see GB first before deciding what to buy.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

No hate here just opinion, if you want it buy it.
I don't like it and think the original is better but I would have jumped if the overall package was better than what has been released.
It's all good, it's just pinball.

Yep, it's all good. You're just expressing a level headed opinion. Some of those other threads though are just outright vitriol. Apparently anyone buying it is only doing so because they're "dumb enough", and while we're at it we are the "cause" of all the price rises, lol. Anyway, everyone will end up where they want to be. It's only one of five machines im getting this year so not going to lose sleep over it. New pin day will still be great when it arrives.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

You can use the money you would have spent on jets playoff tix

Hey now, I'm still a little sore.

#17 8 years ago

If I were to get a SM it would be the VE model (as I like that one better). But, I'm not in the market for a SM.

Go Panthers!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yep, it's all good. You're just expressing a level headed opinion. Some of those other threads though are just outright vitriol. Apparently anyone buying it is only doing so because they're "dumb enough", and while we're at it we are the "cause" of all the price rises, lol. Anyway, everyone will end up where they want to be. It's only one of five machines im getting this year so not going to lose sleep over it. New pin day will still be great when it arrives.

It's your $$ and your purchase, that's all that matters.
Wish I was getting 5 games this year, that's cool!

#19 8 years ago

I actually like the new game over the old but would have either. I am on the fence as well. GB I think will be killer.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why would anyone say "yes" just to have people call them names. Many many more will buy this beautiful pin.

Such insults.

"Hey richie rich, stop having so much money"
"The bourgeoisie like you are keeping the proletariat down!"
"I used to think you were an insensitive jerk but apparently you're a price insensitive jerk!"

#21 8 years ago

Spider-Man Very Expensive is too much for me, but I'm sure others will enjoy this regardless of the price (Stern evidently thinks so as well).

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So am I. I'm stuck with your old coach

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So am I. I'm stuck with your old coach

Be prepared for more heartache. If the GM lets Ryan get his way in picking and drafting players, you'll quickly have a team that is lacking in talent. Remember, Ryan hand picked Sanchez and stayed with him.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Be prepared for more heartache. If the GM lets Ryan get his way in picking and drafting players, you'll quickly have a team that is lacking in talent. Remember, Ryan hand picked Sanchez and stayed with him.

Yeah he took a $200m def line that wanted to kill QB and confused them so much no one knew their roles.

Still hoping for sm original

#25 8 years ago

I'm in for one unless they sell out before I get around to it. I also want to pick up a ST Premium and an IMVE, so if Stern runs those again this year I'll have to wait a bit on the SMVE. I don't mind paying a premium price for a chance at an NIB of an all-time classic with a much improved aesthetic. Also, I'm dying for LOTRVE, so anything I can do to convince Stern to make that happen, I'll do it.

#26 8 years ago

I'm in. Looks awesome!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Spider-Man Very Expensive is too much for me, but I'm sure others will enjoy this regardless of the price (Stern evidently thinks so as well).

Isn't "how expensive" it is really just a matter of how much you pay for it now compared to how much you can get for it when you sell it in a year or two, just like any other pinball?

This model works for Stern if and only if the used market continues to hum along.

#28 8 years ago

I'm not really in the market for it at the moment...but I dunno I might be interested down the road.

#29 8 years ago

Now we need an Indiana Jones VE with a whole new layout.

#30 8 years ago

Just got in on one, I actually prefer the new artwork over the old one

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Not with ultimate SM artwork and those call outs.
If it had better artwork and audio call outs I would have jumped.

Where did you hear the call outs?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Facebook. Stern posted a video.

#34 8 years ago

couldn't be further out.

#35 8 years ago

No Mcfarlane art... OUT!

#36 8 years ago

I never got around to purchasing the first SM, so I think I'm in this go-around. Worse comes worse and find I'm not into it as much as I'd like to be, I'll put this towards a trade on a new GB. (or Jurassic World if that comes to fruition)

#37 8 years ago

Nib smve- exactly what i put off buying got premium for. I like that it's a pro
ven game and I like the comics too.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The facebook video. The JK Simmons call outs have been re-done with some imitator and to me it was not good at all.
I did really like the dots though, they looked great.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Isn't "how expensive" it is really just a matter of how much you pay for it now compared to how much you can get for it when you sell it in a year or two, just like any other pinball?
This model works for Stern if and only if the used market continues to hum along.

Perhaps. I think Stern missed the price point on this one and would have sold a bunch more had they priced it right (but then again, what do I know).

#40 8 years ago

Next game = LCD right?

Although I dig the new SM I see no need to spend almost $7K on Sterns soon to be old tech

In like 8-12 weeks we will be like "SMVE who?"

#41 8 years ago

Is this the exact same Spider-Man gameplay as the last one, with changed art, and at a higher price?

I like the last Spider-Man pin gameplay.

Just curious

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Next game = LCD right?
Although I dig the new SM I see no need to spend almost $7K on Sterns soon to be old tech
In like 8-12 weeks we will be like "SMVE who?"

That article got amended, it went from LCD in next game after SM to we will announce an LCD later in 2016.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

That article got amended, it went from LCD in next game after SM to we will announce an LCD later in 2016.

Oh great.

BTW like the animations, but from what I saw they were more static than I'd prefer and the callouts were ok some and bad some.

I'd like a new SM but not with this art and not at this price.

#44 8 years ago

paid for along with ghostbusters.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Ok, so in 12-24 weeks Pinside will be like

"DMD who"

#46 8 years ago

Would be in but to expensive for me.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Is this the exact same Spider-Man gameplay as the last one, with changed art, and at a higher price?
I like the last Spider-Man pin gameplay.
Just curious

Yep, that's what it is. Only the names (of some modes) have been changed to protect the innoce... I mean license.

#48 8 years ago

Too rich for my blood, but I think it looks great!

#49 8 years ago

I'm in too. I like it. Always wanted one. Couldn't find a nice one. I even like the new artwork and figures of the VE more than the old one. So it is a big YES for me. Is it pricey?….Hell yeah no doubt it is. But SPIDERMAN is a pricey pin over here if you are looking for one in perfect condition. And I am now willing to pay more and have a mint NIB one.

#50 8 years ago

looks great won't pay the same price for an old pin than a new thing coming in a near future. so ....pass

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.50
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-ve%e2%80%a6who-is-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.