20160109_134130_(resized).jpg
20160109_134134_(resized).jpg
20160109_134138_(resized).jpg
20160109_134142_(resized).jpg
ASM317_02-659x1024_(resized).jpg
800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesmashu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The price is steep, and I agree with guys calling it so, but I am still in.

And so the price will continue to rise

#130 8 years ago

VE's should be priced between a pro and a premium. Everyone knows this... except Gary.

#482 8 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Like many, I don't like rising pinball prices. But I get why this one is more than a traditional Pro model.

I don't think anyone was expecting or asking for Pro pricing. We were expecting VE pricing which should be at a discount because of the money saved in design and programming. They didn't have to pay Steve Ritchie to design a new layout. How much do you think that costs? They should have left the custom armor, shaker motor, and playfield protectors out and sold them as add-ons. Price it at 6,750MSRP and 5,500 shipped and I think the only thing pinside would be complaining about is the use of Ultimate Spidy vs older artwork. Oh and the lopsided boob.

#491 8 years ago

My MET Pro just went up in price. If SMVE is worth 6,500 my MET Pro has to be worth at least 5,500. It's got hand drawn art, sweet custom dots, metal ramps, custom callouts from the band, playfield protectors, shaker motor, subwoofer... Thanks SMVE!

#495 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Only problem is that most people are saying SMVE isn't worth 6500...

but but... it's got completed code and custom laser etched ramps! that's worth something isn't it?

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Some of us have a million in the bank. Others pay check to paycheck.

And most of us are somewhere in the middle being squeezed by American greed from every direction.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Want some cheese with that wine, comrade? This is not a poor man's hobby.

Yes please. Oh wait, have you seen the cost of cheese lately? Never mind, I'm out.

#570 8 years ago

#577 8 years ago

Anyone know why they chose SMVE over LOTR, TSPP or Tron? Seems strange to have two similar games being sold at the same time. SM and ST.

Would people (myself included) have cried over the price if it had been LOTR or TSPP at a premium price point?

#578 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey RH, could you possibly point me in the direction of the source for shaker as an inclusion? I can't see it in the press release and it keeps getting mentioned, but I can't spot it mentioned officially anywhere. Thanks.

Stern posted it in a comment on their facebook page.

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

With all the discussion going on about the artwork I'm just wondering why Stern isn't offering 2 or 3 different art packages to choose from. That worked for Spooky with AMH. As there is already a deal with Marvel, how much more difficult would it be to do 1 or 2 additional versions? Sure it's a bit more work for the (already busy) Art Dept, but most of the dots can stay the same, music and voicecalls too. It gives the collectors something to choose from and may result in more games being sold.

Polls show only a slight uptick in sales based on art.

1 week later
#814 8 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Spiderman IS a premium game, if it were released today for the first time it would most definitely be a Premium machine at a premium price.

Agree, but it's not a first time release of a new game!

If I wanted to hire these guys to help me with a new pinball machine and all I wanted from them was concepts, design and mechanics. How much would it cost me today?

Concept by: Steve Ritchie, Lyman F. Sheats Jr.
Design by: Steve Ritchie
Mechanics by: John Rotharmel, Mike Redoble, Rob Blakeman

Whatever that number is, that's what Stern saved by remaking SMVE. I can't speak for everyone, but I was hoping they'd pass those saving along to all of us. Same goes for any VE down the road. If they can't sell it for cheaper than a first run brand spanking new title then save your time and don't make VE games.

#816 8 years ago

Guess you don't buy shit from China.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesmashu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-edition-images-are-here?tu=mesmashu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.