20160109_134130_(resized).jpg
20160109_134134_(resized).jpg
20160109_134138_(resized).jpg
20160109_134142_(resized).jpg
ASM317_02-659x1024_(resized).jpg
800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks like it does. The price is high - but it does come with more collector type stuff than a usual pro. Shaker, laser cut rails, cliffy style protectors on everything.

LE's don't even come with shakers these days. Why would Stern sell it for less than other premiums when it is comparable in the feature department?

It looks 10x better than the original. I expect the DMD and sound effects will be 10x better too.

Anyone have an original they want to sell?

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah but the bullshit is lack of code...in this case you get a completed game and it's an awesome game. So no BS, just the most beautiful looking Spidey pin ever.

Spiderman is a dream theme. Unfortunately for me, looks was never the problem with the game, just don't like the rules and I expect they won't be changing.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I definitely don't believe it looks "10x better" except for the plastics. I certainly hope the dots will be a lot better because the blurry, what the hell was that supposed to be" movie scenes are terrible on the original. The sound and call-outs on the original are excellent, if they do better than J.K. Simmons did I'll be impressed!

Agree 100%, maybe I should have added a smiley face or something to my post.

I think the new one looks fine but was hoping it would knock my socks off to help me get past my issues with the rules. Maybe the new sound and display animations will elevate it enough for me, but at the current price I doubt it.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Shouldn't be a price difference. LCDs are cheaper than DMDs & they already have salaried staff artists/animators. I think we've been paying for the transition already over the past few years.

Stern sets prices based on what they can get, not on what it costs them (as do most companies) so expect a price increase.

That being said, I expect an LCD will require more programming time than a DMD (if they implement it well), and that adds cost.

#627 8 years ago

Is it my imagination or does the video reveal make it look like there are very few animations. Mostly just stills with scores overlayed.

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I see that point, but if you're going to charge full retail for a low-work, very low risk (they know they have a pin that WORKS for players) reskin, use some of that extra fat you've built into the price to make the game at least seem PROFESSIONAL. Those callouts are obscenely lazy for the most part. They could have hired people from animated series (Spiderman or otherwise) relatively cheaply and maybe a script writer to end up with some callouts that actually WORK in the context of a comic Spidey. Also, the music, which fit the movie version, seems very out of place to me in this version. They basically Frankensteined a bunch of prior components with little regard for the overall artistic fit and finish of the final product.

I was hoping for an effort similar to the Shrek reskin of FG.

#820 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Thanks for posting!
I'm not a fan of what I see in this video. A lot of static images flying across the screen. The YouTube clip makes me laugh a little "Hit Sandman to Completed"

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hidehitsandman_(resized).jpg

What a disappointment. As you say, almost completely still images sliding across the screen. Though I like that they are using the entire screen. On the bright side, colorizing this should be a snap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-edition-images-are-here?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.