20160109_134130_(resized).jpg
20160109_134134_(resized).jpg
20160109_134138_(resized).jpg
20160109_134142_(resized).jpg
ASM317_02-659x1024_(resized).jpg
800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballNewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

No but come one man, how is this not a homerun for Stern? It's gorgeous and 10x nicer than the model before it. So much whining and complaining on here, it's like people forgot that these are toys and have lost their ability to feel joy.

I think it's the exact opposite. They are remembering they are toys. This one of which already had all the major design and engineering completed 9 years ago.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Exactly. And they made a stellar game. And now improved upon it. Like if they made a Tron LE, what do you think they would price it at? What if they changed the art to be old school Tron? They could charge 10K for it. Would people complain? Yes. And EVERYONE would want one. That's the thing, how many people bitching are even in the market for one?
I'm cool with people's opinions. But saying Stern is way over charging isn't fair. Look at the competition. Look at what they are charging. And here's the kicker. What competition? Nobody else is shipping sh*t. By the time Hobbit/RZ ship, Ghostbusters will be revealed and change everything.

So when they make a shitty game *cough* WWE, I'm assuming they discount their MSRP?

I don't have a pony in this race, I've reached my pin limit for now. I think the game does look great and I think that's the general consensus. But a lot of the fixed costs of this pin have already been absorbed years ago.

I think people feel like they are being bent over just a bit too much because of that. Doesn't mean Stern can't or shouldn't do it though if they feel so inclined.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They were going bankrupt at those prices.
It costs money to hire and keep Ritchie, Lyman and the rest of the crew, not to mention build a new factory that allows them to build more pinball machines more efficiently.
Same thing with JJP, if they don't make a profit they are gone.

I keep seeing this new factory being the reason for increased pricing. You said it yourself, to build pins more efficiently. The capital expenditure should pay itself off over time by lowering production costs. If a new and improved production site actually increases prices for the customer....then please keep your old site

I think we really get why prices have gone where they have.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Technically, the left breast is often larger than the right breast. True story.

Only in the Northern Hemisphere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballNewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-edition-images-are-here?tu=PinballNewb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.