20160109_134130_(resized).jpg
20160109_134134_(resized).jpg
20160109_134138_(resized).jpg
20160109_134142_(resized).jpg
ASM317_02-659x1024_(resized).jpg
800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 8 years ago

1975-12-amazingspider-man151-john-romita_(resized).jpg1975-12-amazingspider-man151-john-romita_(resized).jpg

#252 8 years ago

I need to think about it, overall I love the idea of SM and this seems to work for me since I only have limited space the $$$ are not a deal breaker.

I have to think how this will work with my favorite pin ST and if I should go in another direction like GOT's premium, another Stern like POTC , Tron, Xmen etc, or TH.

#253 8 years ago

Game looks great in person! Side rails are fantastic. I just don't get the price

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dude, no offense, but you're not exactly price sensitive at this level of purchasing. You can afford this.
I feel like you're losing track of people who are feeling price sensitive about pinball. You got upset with me when I said that I didn't feel like Stern games were enough value at $8000. That's a lot of money!
Here you have people expressing disappointment that the game is going to be around $6500 shipped. Not MSRP, real shipped price.
It's a lot of money too. Is what it is, Stern might have overreached, or maybe that's just the realistic cost in 2016 for this game. No idea. But the money is what it is too, doesn't really matter why.
Maybe they'll sell a ton, I dunno. I don't wish them ill or anything. But anyone who thinks people shouldn't be upset that it's come to a remake selling for this much just doesn't have the same financial concerns that some other people do.
This hobby is enough of a rich guy's playground already. Many buy Pros because it's what they can justify. The way the price trends are going you have to wonder if there will be a base around to keep buying everything. I sure hope so.
I know that for me this kind of cash is gonna require something more in exchange. A repackage of an old game with old DMD dots, no color changers, or anything else that's actually "new" isn't enough. Doesn't mean it's a bad game! Or a bad package. Just that it doesn't really provide enough value for someone like me.

Well, sure...everyone wishes everything was cheaper. I can't remember the last Stern release where people said "I dunno...that's a bit too cheap. They should charge more."

What everyone does is look at the price, and wish it was the same as it was a decade ago.

And ten years from now, if Stern and JJP are still around, people will wish NIB games were still $7500.

Still, it's not like you have to buy NIB games to enjoy the hobby. No matter what your budget is, you can find a title that is a ton of fun.

Pete

#255 8 years ago

Playfield should look as good as Hobbit for that price IMO. It's an improvement over the original though.

The only thing I got out of this announcement is there's no need to wait for LOTR VE with this pricing.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

No, but there is already another thread seemingly completely devoted to people bitching about the price when it was announced that it was going to carry premium pricing so it's just a continuation of that. Everyone knew what the approximate pricepoint was going to be before this was announced today.

Everything was a rumor until today. It's interesting when people buy such expensive toys, many lose perspective of what you can buy for $2,000.

It's the same game with different art and some improvements. Is it worth $2,000 more? Think of everything you can buy for $2,000 - for the same game play.

#257 8 years ago

Looks good, but my big question is when can I get the metal sides for the Sandman VUK? Mine is broken off and I'm missing 2 of the metal brackets. Keeping my original.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from MES:

Looks good, but my big question is when can I get the metal sides for the Sandman VUK? Mine is broken off and I'm missing 2 of the metal brackets. Keeping my original.

Pinbits sells replacement plastics for those sides.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_45&products_id=536

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

No really a fair comparison because RZ pic is lower res but here you go (keep the $5):
RZ_vs_SMVE_(resized).jpg

How about the whole playfield champ? The 60% of the RZ playfield that's empty.

#260 8 years ago

I always figured it'd be SPIKE system, but seems like I read in this thread that it was SAM.

In theory, could you run the new code in an old Spidey?

Like, Family Guy/Shrek?

If it didn't erase all of my awesome high scores, I'd be interested in the new rule set.

Pete

#261 8 years ago

$$$_(resized).jpg$$$_(resized).jpg

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh please - when contemplating whether to spend $6500 on a product, people are going to express their opinions about it. It's not a casual purchase.
Should everyone just fall in line, say it's perfect, and order every single new title without having a thought in their head?

No but come one man, how is this not a homerun for Stern? It's gorgeous and 10x nicer than the model before it. So much whining and complaining on here, it's like people forgot that these are toys and have lost their ability to feel joy.

#263 8 years ago

It seems they tried to "bullet proof" the game a bit with the added Sandman plastic protector, Doc Ock magnet protector and metal guides on the webslingers instead of the original plastic ones. The biggest omission I see in that department is still no ramp protector on the left side of the right ramp??? No blue rubber nub there either...so it seems it would be even more likely to get busted in a hurry.

I'm curios to see if they protected the plastic that is in the direct path of the ball coming out of the Sandman webslinger. It's busted on most original games (if people realize / admit it or not).

Also....no light on the pop bumpers and a couple of missing webs (behind Sandman and Venom). I do see a couple of small extra plastics though.

All and all I like the look of the game, but I'm really surprised they went with such a direct art swap. It's all the exact same stuff, except drawn. On the left side!!! FLOATING HEADS! FLOATING HEADS! ARGHHHH!....but seriously....how are people NOT seeing Spidey's body down near the flippers? I think the art looks nice and the new figures look good.

I'm thinking the dots will be nice, but as an X-Men owner, I'm skeptical of the callouts. I'm guessing they will be "wacky", over the top and lame as all get out. I can hear Big Buck Hunter / Walking Dead hillbilly as JJ Jameson.

As a Spider-Man owner (Black Spider-Man), I'm hoping I can flash the new software on my game to mix things up a bit. I always thought that option being available to Family Guy / Shrek owners was a nice bonus.

#265 8 years ago

Price should of included a ColorDMD, especially if they redid dots/animations..

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I always figured it'd be SPIKE system, but seems like I read in this thread that it was SAM.
Like, Family Guy/Shrek?
If it didn't erase all of my awesome high scores, I'd be interested in the new rule set.
Pete

Someone asked on FB, Stern said code won't work w/ the old one.

Just watched the video they posted. I'm so used to the original it's super weird hearing different voices and seeing different intros to the modes. Seems like they got quality voice actors though....didn't hear Shittybeast in there!

#267 8 years ago

I love my comics and superheroes. I'm also prob a lil ocd. My IM and Avengers are based on movies which makes me want to buy the original over the comic version to keep with the superhero movie pin trend.

I do like the new figures (aside from Goblin hgh hahaaha nice one Gryzz) and I would rather have generic sling plastics like from Back Alley over either games' artwork there.

Parker was a teenager in high school when he was bit so the new slimmer comic version makes some sense but it's not the version I grew up on.

Happy for more pinball options

#268 8 years ago

You know we are talking about Stern, right. Not sure what makes everyone think they are going to churn out a new pin with perfect hand drawn art, complete code, color LCD, brilliant toys, etc for cheap.

I think it looks great. Bright, colorful, and better looking than original. New animations, callouts, and probably a lot of new code. Price is not a surprise given how all prices have gone up. Call it a premium or le. Sure it could be better but much more appealing than the last release IMO.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

$$$_(resized).jpg

FLERP, You are my hero... lol! so few posts, but it looks like you make them count!

#270 8 years ago

I love my original SM and like the three movies associated with it. I don't think there is anyway I would part with it.
I hope those looking for a SM will like the VE.
I hope Stern in the future will concentrate on making their current games great (code, bug fixes) and less on making rehashed older games.
WWE, KISS both need it.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Like, Family Guy/Shrek?
Pete

My high scores suck so I'm willing to try it

Quoted from Rarehero:

Just watched the video they posted. I'm so used to the original it's super weird hearing different voices and seeing different intros to the modes. Seems like they got quality voice actors though....didn't hear Shittybeast in there!

Awwww man!!

#272 8 years ago

The video on their Facebook of the gameplay looks fun as hell

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Martin_1_(resized).jpg

I love it, looks like my pin with the SR signed rails.

You are out of your mind Kaneda! But then again I'm sure you have some cartoon spidey pajamas and bedspread too New TMNT movie coming out, just saw trailer.

#274 8 years ago

I've heard conflicting things-

Pictures make it look like Goblin is stationary on the new pin, but there are people saying exact same mechanics are being used. Are the pictures up to date on the final product? Does the mech work like the old Goblin but is hidden in the picture?

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Where is there a NIB WNBJM $4500 ?!

If there's a WNBJM (HUO) anywhere in CA around $4K, I'm interested...

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

^^^^^OMG, yes, this 100%^^^^
People love to bitch just to see their words in print evidently, its slowly taking what little joy there was remaining on Pinside. It's freaking RGP Part Deux!

Pinside eclipsed RGP in that regard years ago.

Don't believe me? Go there right now and read it. (Bring coffee, lots of coffee)

I read RGP whenever I want to get away from the noise here and its still the number one place to search for tech information.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I disagree with the voice work. About what I expected though.
DMD animations look good.

#278 8 years ago

What video?

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Pictures make it look like Goblin is stationary on the new pin, but there are people saying exact same mechanics are being used. Are the pictures up to date on the final product? Does the mech work like the old Goblin but is hidden in the picture?

okay, just looked on their facebook page and found my own answer - Goblin doesn't move in their video.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

See below

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#283 8 years ago

I like this better than the original. I will always prefer comic artwork. Even though it's not hand drawn it's been blended together well. The toys are redone, and the overall pin has been bullet proofed. My 6 year old hasn't seen the Spiderman movies, but he knows this comic.

I was priced out before this was even announced (I'm in Canada), but this is the one I'd buy if you guys ever let your economy tank again.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

Everything was a rumor until today. It's interesting when people buy such expensive toys, many lose perspective of what you can buy for $2,000.
It's the same game with different art and some improvements. Is it worth $2,000 more? Think of everything you can buy for $2,000 - for the same game play.

If you thought it was a rumor, you were absolutely in denial because there were many, many people who generally have solid information from distributors on here saying that it was going to be priced in the premium price range. I'm not defending the price at all, so please don't misunderstand that, I'm just saying that this has all been hashed out beforehand and people are acting like it's a big shock.

#285 8 years ago

I like it, I think it looks friggen cool, could never afford one but man it looks cool!!!!

#286 8 years ago

Just saw the CES video. Game looks effin awesome. I don't get the bitching at all.

1. Stern takes great game.
2. Makes it better
3. Charges a bit more
4. Everyone bitches and complains.

Seriously people, what's wrong with us? Like for real? Stern really knocked this one out of the park. I honestly think this is the nicest looking Stern art package...wait for it....EVER. It's all tied together so nicely. Can't you guys see this is Stern turning the corner. Imagine if they remade LOTR with improved art/sound/figures? Hell yeah I'd pay MORE than what they want for Spidey.

Some of us are just delusional thinking prices will decrease. You could have this beauty at your door for what? $6,600? And here's the kicker...YOU CAN HAVE IT SOON! Like within weeks. Heck Stern deserves to take on a premium just for that fact alone.

We all piled on Stern when the GOT art was shown and YES that art will always be SH$T, but this pin is beautiful. They even changed some of the mechs to help with wear and tear. They did new code. New dots. What, did you all expect to get that for the same price as Iron Man VE?

I'm just so bummed hearing so many people complain. It's like Stern can't win. Meanwhile, they will sell every one. Pin is gorgeous. Anyone with an original Spidey saying they will keep theirs...that's fine...but man, this is the one to have.

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I can afford it. I just won't. Not worth what they're asking. Cash-grab.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

No but come one man, how is this not a homerun for Stern? It's gorgeous and 10x nicer than the model before it. So much whining and complaining on here, it's like people forgot that these are toys and have lost their ability to feel joy.

I think it's the exact opposite. They are remembering they are toys. This one of which already had all the major design and engineering completed 9 years ago.

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I disagree with the voice work. About what I expected though.
DMD animations look good.

I personally prefer the movie quotes from Dafoe,Molina, etc. I miss Maguire's "wooooooo!" when you hit the ramps. But, credit where credit is due - the new voices sound professional as if they they could be from an animated version, so it seems to work.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Just saw the CES video. Game looks effin awesome. I don't get the bitching at all.
1. Stern takes great game.
2. Makes it better
3. Charges a bit more
4. Everyone bitches and complains.
Seriously people, what's wrong with us? Like for real? Stern really knocked this one out of the park. I honestly think this is the nicest looking Stern art package...wait for it....EVER. It's all tied together so nicely. Can't you guys see this is Stern turning the corner. Imagine if they remade LOTR with improved art/sound/figures? Hell yeah I'd pay MORE than what they want for Spidey.
Some of us are just delusional thinking prices will decrease. You could have this beauty at your door for what? $6,600? And here's the kicker...YOU CAN HAVE IT SOON! Like within weeks. Heck Stern deserves to take on a premium just for that fact alone.
We all piled on Stern when the GOT art was shown and YES that art will always be SH$T, but this pin is beautiful. They even changed some of the mechs to help with wear and tear. They did new code. New dots. What, did you all expect to get that for the same price as Iron Man VE?
I'm just so bummed hearing so many people complain. It's like Stern can't win. Meanwhile, they will sell every one. Pin is gorgeous. Anyone with an original Spidey saying they will keep theirs...that's fine...but man, this is the one to have.

Then buy the game if it is so great. Put your money were your mouth is. I will give you $20 if you buy the game. Oh sh!t, I just pulled a kaneda!

#291 8 years ago

After watching the video.....the callouts sound pretty good. They left the same, great David Thiel music. Many of the sound effects were the same, but I did hear some new ones in there also.

It's a bit disappointing if the VE code won't work in an original Spider-Man, but I'm not surprised that they "say" it won't work. I'm not doubting that it may very well not work....but I also wouldn't expect them to come out and say it does work if it does.

#292 8 years ago

The MSRP killed my family

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I think it's the exact opposite. They are remembering they are toys. This one of which already had all the major design and engineering completed 9 years ago.

Exactly. And they made a stellar game. And now improved upon it. Like if they made a Tron LE, what do you think they would price it at? What if they changed the art to be old school Tron? They could charge 10K for it. Would people complain? Yes. And EVERYONE would want one. That's the thing, how many people bitching are even in the market for one?

I'm cool with people's opinions. But saying Stern is way over charging isn't fair. Look at the competition. Look at what they are charging. And here's the kicker. What competition? Nobody else is shipping sh*t. By the time Hobbit/RZ ship, Ghostbusters will be revealed and change everything.

#294 8 years ago

There should be a how many pins you own/how many posts you can make ratio. the "kaneda ratio"

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Then buy the game if it is so great. Put your money were your mouth is. I will give you $20 if you buy the game. Oh sh!t, I just pulled a kaneda!

kaneda could buy 20 if he wanted. Why don't you leave that up to his accountant!

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I've stated numerous times, I will replace LOTR with Star Wars. But if I had room, I'd buy this pin in a heartbeat. I'm just not that into Spidey to make it my only pin. I do wear Spidey underwear...holds my tiny package in place.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

kaneda could buy 20 if he wanted. Why don't you leave that up to his accountant!

Why would I buy 20 machines when I can walk to Modern Pinball in 5 minutes, and beat on $200,000 worth of pins for $20...why?

#298 8 years ago

I like Pinside because people can come by and share their opinions on what they think of gameplay, art packages, and prices of games. I think the annoying people on Pinside are the ones who blow up these threads "bitching about the bitchers". In most cases, people are more than happy to just express their opinions and be along their merry way. If you don't agree, state your own and be done with it.

#299 8 years ago

Just had a check to see the Aus prices $10,650,00 ouch!!!

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why would I buy 20 machines when I can walk to Modern Pinball in 5 minutes, and beat on $200,000 worth of pins for $20...why?

Your pretty opinionated on people that live in pinball deserts and aren't fortunate like you. Some people can only buy pins if they want to play them and can be critical if they want about spending the large amount of money you dont have to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.50
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-edition-images-are-here/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.