20160109_134130_(resized).jpg
20160109_134134_(resized).jpg
20160109_134138_(resized).jpg
20160109_134142_(resized).jpg
ASM317_02-659x1024_(resized).jpg
800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 8 years ago

Really like the new art, but I don't understand why this game costs more than $4,800. I actually thought I would buy in to Spider-Man again... but not at the LE price point.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think it looks great, but I am not buying it for that price!

Curious what you and others think the price is. But anyone is paying anything more then $6400 they aren't shopping around. MSRP is never actual street price.

#103 8 years ago

Rarehero and Aurich said pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. But I'll add that I was hoping for something more like this in the Goblin department:

Will the real Green Goblin please stand up?Will the real Green Goblin please stand up?

Ultimate Goblin Hulk will never look like the Green Goblin to me. Nor a whole lot of people in the NIB-buying demographic, I'm guessing.

#104 8 years ago

Thanks a lot Stern, but nope! Take your premium prices and choke on it!!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why would it be?? This is Stern afterall.
Spend the least amount of time and money on a project and see if it sells.

This is unnecessarily harsh! I think this looks like Stern put A LOT of time into it. Looks effin AMAZING, new toys are awesome, games is MUCH NICER than the last Spider-Man. They also put a lot of work into new dots and callouts. The price, the price...we know. But how can anyone BITCH about how this game looks / plays. They took a hit and made it even NICER. Want to bitch? Put this Playfield next to Rob Zombie and ask which looks more valuable? Somebody do it. I dare you.

#106 8 years ago

Agree that price is crazy. The floating head by the left flipper and bubble in the back glass really annoy me. Does it come with a shaker at that price?

Color Dmd would have been easier to justify the price.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

What's that price point then after shipping and the conversion for you?

+10k for one of these NIB in Australia....yikes!

#108 8 years ago

7595.00??? I hope Stan Lee did the art work and sign the playfield for that price...

#109 8 years ago

At 5k street price this would have blown out. Over my limit . Oh well ...

#110 8 years ago

Not doing it without a TRIPLE DOG dare you.

#111 8 years ago

Bubble should say "Aargh! My wallet!"

#112 8 years ago

Is their target pinheads who already have a Spidey or the MUCH LARGER Spider-Man comic book fanbase? If I collected Spider-Man memorabilia, I'd be all over this. Also, its a VE, how many units are they really looking to sell?

Look, I agree it's priced too high. But I also think many act like the difference between 6K and 7K is OMG, WTF, NO WAY!!!!! These are luxurious toys guys, get used to it. Once the first NIB ships (Frolic?) what the mob turn into buyers. Happens every time.

#113 8 years ago

I think it looks fantastic.....but definately agree that the price is out of line. I was really wanting to get one of these, but not at that price point. Is this the breaking point on Stern's continued price increases? I understand he has a business to run, but where is the point that price is pushed too far? i think this is it. Sure there will be some sold to those that money is no object. i think this just turns off a lot of people.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

Not doing it without a TRIPLE DOG dare you.

Triple dog dare you!

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This is unnecessarily harsh! I think this looks like Stern put A LOT of time into it. Looks effin AMAZING, new toys are awesome, games is MUCH NICER than the last Spider-Man. They also put a lot of work into new dots and callouts. The price, the price...we know. But how can anyone BITCH about how this game looks / plays. They took a hit and made it even NICER. Want to bitch? Put this Playfield next to Rob Zombie and ask which looks more valuable? Somebody do it. I dare you.

That playfield is a rehash of the old one done by one of the worst Spider-Man artists of all time. Compared to Horley's art package on RZ! This is garbage. I think you hit the accelerator in your Hellcat too hard and left your brain a quarter mile behind you on the freeway somewhere.

#116 8 years ago

Looks nice but this is just a re designed/engineered version of the original. The pricing is out of line.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

That playfield is a rehash of the old one done by one of the worst Spider-Man artists of all time. Compared to Horley's art package on RZ! This is garbage. I think you hit the accelerator in your Hellcat too hard and left your brain a quarter mile behind you on the freeway somewhere.

So do it...upload a picture of this new Spider-Man playfield vs RZs....I love how everyone refers to RZ's art as a package deal...makes stomaching the playfield art easier? Let's compare apples to apples shall we?

#118 8 years ago

I'm sorry, but for the asking price it really boggles my mind that it doesn't include a Colorized DMD at this point. This would have been the perfect game to introduce color LCD's into their lineup.

#119 8 years ago

Sculpts look pretty good, but the artwork is meh, plenty of awesome Marvel artists that could have made this thing pop and they went with the generic cartoon art, kinda gets a "whats the point?" from me.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So do it...upload a picture of this new Spider-Man playfield vs RZs....I love how everyone refers to RZ's art as a package deal...makes stomaching the playfield art easier? Let's compare apples to apples shall we?

I'll concede that the new sculpts are great, but I'm not willing to call the playfield art better because it has a million inserts. Busier doesn't equal better to me, personally.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

And so the price will continue to rise

I can't keep the price up all on my own. Heaps of people saying they are out. I'm just saying I'm in. If I'm the only buyer then there will be plenty of inventory, it will be a sales dud and prices will not continue to rise.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I'll concede that the new sculpts are great, but I'm not willing to call the playfield art better because it has a million inserts. Busier doesn't equal better to me, personally.

Put them side by side. Somebody do it and I'll paypal them $5.

#123 8 years ago

I'd pay 10k for throwback Spidey art.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#124 8 years ago

The new art looks to me like hap-hazardly cut and pasted over whatever couldn't be on there for licensing reasons. Not much thought other than that. Art by the yard......

#125 8 years ago

I like my Spiderman to look like a man, not a dashboard ornament.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I can't keep the price up all on my own. Heaps of people saying they are out. I'm just saying I'm in. If I'm the only buyer then there will be plenty of inventory, it will be a sales dud and prices will not continue to rise.

Man, you will have many many people buying alongside you. Remember this is Pinside. People LOVE to claim THEY ARE OUT!!!! Whenever anything gets revealed. Because half can't afford it, other half just want to be upset about something, but they will buy because opening a NIB is like crack. Everyone on here needs a hit...

#127 8 years ago

Price increase due to grammar being repaired on, "You ooze, you loose"

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Does it come with a shaker at that price?

Looks like it does. The price is high - but it does come with more collector type stuff than a usual pro. Shaker, laser cut rails, cliffy style protectors on everything.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Man, you will have many many people buying alongside you. Remember this is Pinside. People LOVE to claim THEY ARE OUT!!!! Whenever anything gets revealed. Because half can't afford it, other half just want to be upset about something, but they will buy because opening a NIB is like crack. Everyone on here needs a hit...

Oh shut up......

#130 8 years ago

VE's should be priced between a pro and a premium. Everyone knows this... except Gary.

#131 8 years ago

Can a moderator combine the threads?

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I gave up the Stern NIB BS years ago.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Downvoted becuase of the ridiculousness of your statement when you know 99.9% of us can't buy a toasty 2500 buck Spiderman.

Incoming ban vote in 3... 2...

Yup, I agree, but also know that had I spent normal price on it ($5K? I wasnt around then and not sure) when it was new or recently bought a normally priced used one, I would not be tempted to pay $2500ish more to loose (heh) Simmons/get other voice actors and have comic art that I am not totally in love with.

I think the display is probably going to rock compared to the fuzzy movie rips of the original, but the callouts are the main thing I like about the game. If you all want it and buy it, I really hope you love it and it is everything you wanted. I'm just too broke to even consider new titles in the $6K range, much less $7600 for a machine that can be picked up right now for way less in a different version.

#134 8 years ago

I wanted one. At that price like everyone else is saying I'm out. You can tell from the business plan stern didn't want to make thousands of these. They only wanted to run a short line of them.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

VE's should be priced between a pro and a premium. Everyone knows this... except Gary.

If people are dumb enough to pay it, then more power to Gary.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

They invented the concept of a VE...so who knows best? This is not a VE...this is a retheme/skin. Why people don't get that is beyond me. Iron Man was a VE with no real changes.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Kidwilco:

I'd pay 10k for throwback Spidey art.

image_(resized).jpeg

He's such a fatty!

I don't know why anyone expected old art. It's 2016. Spider-Man has changed in appearance 100 times by now. Current version is current.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I gave up the Stern NIB BS years ago.

Yeah but the bullshit is lack of code...in this case you get a completed game and it's an awesome game. So no BS, just the most beautiful looking Spidey pin ever.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's such a fatty!
I don't know why anyone expected old art. It's 2016. Spider-Man has changed in appearance 100 times by now. Current version is current.

Exactly. Well put.

#140 8 years ago

New cabinet is nice, but all in all I'd rather get an original for the price. Anyone wanna trade for a pinball magic lol

#141 8 years ago

I like it better than the original but anything over $5500 is too much! Hard to get that excited over an 8 year old game. Should have had color changers in the white inserts at a minimum.

#142 8 years ago

No fat here.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

They invented the concept of a VE...so who knows best? This is not a VE...this is a retheme/skin. Why people don't get that is beyond me. Iron Man was a VE with no real changes.

Wrong buddy

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#144 8 years ago

Damn that's a high price! I was worried I overpaid for my pimped out HUO but it wassent that damn much.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks like it does. The price is high - but it does come with more collector type stuff than a usual pro. Shaker, laser cut rails, cliffy style protectors on everything.

LE's don't even come with shakers these days. Why would Stern sell it for less than other premiums when it is comparable in the feature department?

It looks 10x better than the original. I expect the DMD and sound effects will be 10x better too.

Anyone have an original they want to sell?

#146 8 years ago

so how much did spiderman cost NIB originally? 4k?
now 7.5k lawl

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Wrong buddy

image_(resized).png

I meant it's not just a normal VE buddy. They went above and beyond. We all knew no LCD, but damn they really gave us a work of art.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah but the bullshit is lack of code...in this case you get a completed game and it's an awesome game. So no BS, just the most beautiful looking Spidey pin ever.

I like the artwork on the Gottlieb pf better than the original Stern SM and the new VE. I do like the new Venom figure though, it looks great.
I hope everyone who grabs a VE loves it.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It looks 10x better than the original. I expect the DMD and sound effects will be 10x better too.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I definitely don't believe it looks "10x better" except for the plastics. I certainly hope the dots will be a lot better because the blurry, what the hell was that supposed to be" movie scenes are terrible on the original. The sound and call-outs on the original are excellent, if they do better than J.K. Simmons did I'll be impressed!

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Spiderman is a dream theme. Unfortunately for me, looks was never the problem with the game, just don't like the rules and I expect they won't be changing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-edition-images-are-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.