20160109_134130_(resized).jpg
20160109_134134_(resized).jpg
20160109_134138_(resized).jpg
20160109_134142_(resized).jpg
ASM317_02-659x1024_(resized).jpg
800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 8 years ago

I actually like it very much.

#52 8 years ago

It's not perfect, Rarehero summed up a lot of my thoughts, but it's cool. I appreciate the effort, the comic stuff is better than the movie. Though a direct tracing is kinda meh, especially on the slingshots. The originals are some of the worst slings in pinball, not sure they needed to be copied, especially with young emo Peter.

Translite is a strange choice to me. AGGH MY EYES? WTF? Not really sure if there's some story line I don't know the reference from, but the main focus being a falling back villain with random speech bubbles is just a little odd.

But still, it's pretty cool, whole game looks better than the original to me, issues aside. It's bright and comic-y.

Problem is the price. Old game + new price = no sale. I don't really care why it's so much, not my business to run, I just know that I'm not opening my wallet for that. Too bad, I've never owned a Spidey, the code is done so I can actually buy with confidence, I was ready to be a buyer.

But not for that much money.

#53 8 years ago

I think it looks nice. Surprised by the price (and not surprised)

#54 8 years ago

I wish they would have done a throwback art package like they did with KISS.

image-29_(resized).jpgimage-29_(resized).jpg

#55 8 years ago

Here are some additional features that I left out of the story. This language came straight from the press release:

Steel plastic protectors at the Sandman and in the pop bumper

area.

VUK opening playfield protectors at Dock Ock and the Sandman.

Stainless steel playfield protector beneath the webslinger in the

pops.

All stainless steel webslinger ball guides.

Improved ramp guards.

Optimizations to the design of anti-ball trap plastics and ramp

covers.

Improved wire form ramp mounting details.

Anti-wear Dock Ock playfield magnet assembly.

All LED playfield lighting.

#56 8 years ago

And it's not Spike.

#57 8 years ago

Spiderman, spiderman, takes your money as fast as he can.

#58 8 years ago

Where is the power switch?

#59 8 years ago

Still priced cheaper than the compitition, proven game design. Will sell just fine.

#60 8 years ago

Figures look nice - especially Venom!

#61 8 years ago

I kinda like it...but not that price.

#62 8 years ago

Overall I like it.
I could do without the Arrrgh my Eyes bubble though.

#63 8 years ago

He looks a bit Spider-Manorexic. He needs to eat....

I was hoping for closer resemblance to the Gottlieb SM, but I do like the plastics art better. I prefer the Stern SM cabinet art better. Too much light blue, looks a bit childish. When I play and see it in person, I'll make a final judgement.

What about speech call outs? I'd love it to be the legendary Stan Lee.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Looks great. Priced out.

Came here to say the exact thing.
Although I'm currently priced out of top 300 anyway

Seriously, even if I had the money, and really wanted NIB, I'm not sure I would pull the trigger on that machine.
I love playing the original Spider-Man but also know, from playing it, that's not $7000 - 7500 worth of pinball.

I wish Stern and all future owners good luck with all that.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where is the power switch?

There's none, stern thinks you can pull the plug, and it saves them $ 6.- maybe there will be a luxury package with switch, speakers (standard only headphone plug) and more for extra $$$

#66 8 years ago

Looks cool. I never had a spiderman. Price is higher than expected that is for sure. Not sure yet if I will get one.

#67 8 years ago

After seeing this, I'm so GLAD I didn't sell mine. looks like something you could buy at sam's club.

#68 8 years ago

If I never owned a spidey in the past, i'd consider it. But been there, done that with this title.
New games please Stern!

#69 8 years ago

right and left cabinet are is the same, kind of cheap if you ask me.

#70 8 years ago

Sorry stern dropped the ball in this one. Unless the feature matrix comes out and it has color changers and switched to the spike system (which I have a feeling it isn't). Premium pricing ($6300ish) isn't with it for what they came out with. Looks like the pin on steroids.

#71 8 years ago

Thanks Stern for allowing me to save $$$ Not interested and no thanks.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I wish they would have done a throwback art package like they did with KISS.

image-29_(resized).jpg

It's a good debate. Proven game with updated, finished code, great gameplay and "meh" art vs. awesome art, ok gameplay with "meh" code.

#73 8 years ago

Completed code on an NIB does have it's price.

#74 8 years ago

I like the new art better than the old, but they could've used better.

sm_(resized).jpgsm_(resized).jpg

sm1_(resized).jpgsm1_(resized).jpg

#75 8 years ago

Thumbs up on the new artwork, definitely better than the original. I also like the new sculpts, but prefer the movie versions. Looking forward to see the new dots, too.

I really, really like the voice work in the original, so that'll be harder to top. Assuming they'll just reuse the same music since I believe it was written for the pinball machine and not pulled from the movie?

Hoping that someone will use pinballbrowser to merge old audio with new dots to create a package that can be deployed on either the new or old machine.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm really glad I bought a 2nd hand original SM recently.

I really regret not buying my friends HUO (perfect) for $4500.

#77 8 years ago

Saving my $$$$$ for GB.

#78 8 years ago

Well that puts to rest the argument over what the price of future VEs would be.

I do like the new figures more than the old ones, but I like the old cabinet and translite better.

#79 8 years ago

I like it more than the original but I do wish they'd have taken the creativity up a notch.

No LCD, no service rails, plastic apron, clamp down bar, removed goblin mech?

Higher price too?

Damn, what's the next title?

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's a good debate. Proven game with updated, finished code, great gameplay and "meh" art vs. awesome art, ok gameplay with "meh" code.

I want it all for $7500.

Proven game with finished code AND awesome art.

Game and code are already there, now just give me some kickass artwork.

#81 8 years ago

Stern is Microsoft. Remove features (goblin), raise the price, and promote it as having fixed all the bugs in the prior version.

#82 8 years ago

Game looks great. Price does not...

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stern is Microsoft. Remove features (goblin), raise the price, and promote it as having fixed all the bugs in the prior version.

I wish Stern were like Microsoft.

Windows 10 is free.....

#84 8 years ago

This just solved my SM/IM quandary--for sure going to look for an Iron Man (and hope for the rumored new run).

#85 8 years ago

I do like it tho

#86 8 years ago

I guess we can take that as an overall negative reaction then. Shame about the price point, seems it has killed the buzz on what is an otherwise agreeable theme execution for most. I'm in, but I'm not going to make a big noise about it. The price is steep, and I agree with guys calling it so, but I am still in.

#87 8 years ago

So..

Adding something like "cliffy" protectors , changing sound and call outs with "pinball browser" .. pimp the lightning with leds. Some toys from Walwart and new art on cab and playfield..

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

And it's not Spike.

Why would it be?? This is Stern afterall.
Spend the least amount of time and money on a project and see if it sells.

#89 8 years ago

I hope they sell the hell out of it and create more inventory for the secondary market.

#90 8 years ago

Spider-Man was the only other Stern game I was interested in. Not anymore. Price is worse than dumb.. It's insulting....

#91 8 years ago

I think it looks great, but I am not buying it for that price!

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I guess we can take that as an overall negative reaction then. Shame about the price point, seems it has killed the buzz on what is an otherwise agreeable theme execution for most. I'm in, but I'm not going to make a big noise about it. The price is steep, and I agree with guys calling it so, but I am still in.

What's that price point then after shipping and the conversion for you?

#93 8 years ago

How many people are buying those side rails for their OG machine?

#94 8 years ago

The game looks awesome. I would love to have one, but don't know yet at that price. Tempting though.

#95 8 years ago

price is an insult. Plenty of premiums currently out there that are a better value nib. This should have been around the same as imve

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The price is steep, and I agree with guys calling it so, but I am still in.

And so the price will continue to rise

#97 8 years ago

Toy mechs are same as original. Images are computer renderings. Doesn't show mechs.

Gio

#98 8 years ago

It doesnt look bad but the price doesnt make me want to sell my original to buy one.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why would it be?? This is Stern afterall.
Spend the least amount of time and money on a project and see if it sells.

Actually, SAM boards are quite a bit more expensive than SPIKE.

#100 8 years ago

I really don't like the anorexic / bobblehead spidey and WTH did Marvel do to Green Goblin?!?! (yes, I know that makes me sound old, I don't care). Other than the plastics and a few other elements I think the original looks better, the side armor looks great but removing the gobby mech is pretty weak plus the translite and sling plastics certainly could have been better. If this had more of a classic or throw-back theme art package I'd have been tempted to sell my SM for one, but based on these pictures and the price I think mine will be staying right where it is for quite a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 25.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-edition-images-are-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.