20160109_134130_(resized).jpg
20160109_134134_(resized).jpg
20160109_134138_(resized).jpg
20160109_134142_(resized).jpg
ASM317_02-659x1024_(resized).jpg
800722-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
#701 8 years ago

This video sums up 15 pages of PinSide comments on this topic quite nicely.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ah7f--gg5sU

#702 8 years ago

Over never played the original new, but this game plays smooth and fast! Ramps guide the ball fast and smoothly...quick returns...ahhhh good game.

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Over never played the original new, but this game plays smooth and fast! Ramps guide the ball fast and smoothly...quick returns...ahhhh good game.

This layout is stern's best IMHO. I love my SM.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

This layout is stern's best IMHO. I love my SM.

I agree, after seeing smve I started to play my red sm again and it really is a great game,love the call out also.

#705 8 years ago

Dots, call outs and art are all great. Shaker motor is in there, acts good with the game.

20160109_134142_(resized).jpg20160109_134142_(resized).jpg

20160109_134138_(resized).jpg20160109_134138_(resized).jpg

20160109_134134_(resized).jpg20160109_134134_(resized).jpg

20160109_134130_(resized).jpg20160109_134130_(resized).jpg

#706 8 years ago

the art looks too much like a toy.. i wanted to like it but cant say that i do.

#707 8 years ago

Well , I like it looks like the comic book and that is what people wanted , no ?

Glad that Stern gets another toy to
Choose from for those who likes NiB

Only turn off is : the Price and no color changing Led like those real premium

#708 8 years ago

I think it looks awsome well done Stern!

#709 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Well , I like it looks like the comic book and that is what people wanted , no ?

We're hard to please, they chose the wrong comic book.

Quoted from northvibe:

Dots, call outs and art are all great.

I'm looking forward to hearing the callout better. I wasn't honestly into what I heard in the first video. All I can remember now though is that I'll never look at a sandcastle again the same way line.

#710 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm looking forward to hearing the callout better. I wasn't honestly into what I heard in the first video. All I can remember now though is that I'll never look at a sandcastle again the same way line.

I didn't think Xmen could be de throned for terrible call outs but its looking like SMVE is going to acheive that task.

#711 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't think Xmen could be de throned for terrible call outs but its looking like SMVE is going to acheive that task.

What?! These new callouts rule! "THANDMAN!!! OUT OF DA THLAMMAH!"

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We're hard to please, they chose the wrong comic book.

I have a video but its 45mb and this temp Android sucjs ass to upload

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a video but its 45mb and this temp Android sucjs ass to upload

I think we'll get a clear one post CES. Don't want to judge based on the short video from the noisy show floor.

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think we'll get a clear one post CES. Don't want to judge based on the short video from the noisy show floor.

Yeah we all need to give this game a chance. I'm sure it will be good in its own right, after all it is SM. For the people that ordered it, congrats to you!

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from Aurich:

Noisey? It was before the floor opened. I'll have to watch it again but I think it was decent.

#716 8 years ago

Ah kiss was turned up crazy loud

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah kiss was turned up crazy loud» YouTube video

The video quality is really low

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah kiss was turned up crazy loud
» YouTube video

You win the award for worst Youtube video ever....

#719 8 years ago

Rrally?! It's a galaxy s6..... Looks good on my phone.

I'm still in Vegas and reception is complete crap.

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Never. Say what you will about the writing or casting we've heard so far in SMv - but they sound like actual actors. Nothing will ever top the amateur-hour bullshit that was Beast and Storm in X-Men....oh, and Fake Optimus in TF.

Quoted from PinB:

What?! These new callouts rule! "THANDMAN!!! OUT OF DA THLAMMAH!"

That is an odd creative choice to have Spidey reading the mode titles.

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Rrally?! It's a galaxy s6..... Looks good on my phone.
I'm still in Vegas and reception is complete crap.

It uploaded at 144p, I didn't even know it went that low. lol
You have to specify HD on the youtube app.

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Never. Say what you will about the writing or casting we've heard so far in SMv - but they sound like actual actors. Nothing will ever top the amateur-hour bullshit that was Beast and Storm in X-Men....oh, and Fake Optimus in TF.

That is an odd creative choice to have Spidey reading the mode titles.

No chance, the guy doing JJ Jameson on the VE sucks balls big time for mine and will always be my shitty beast. Awful, just awful.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, then equally as bad.

#724 8 years ago

Are there actual 'cliffy' metal protectors in/around the vuks at doc oc and sandman? I can't tell from the pics. Anyone who played the game notice?

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Are there actual 'cliffy' metal protectors in/around the vuks at doc oc and sandman? I can't tell from the pics. Anyone who played the game notice?

That's the new Stern anti-wear magnet design. Same one they have put on TWD and GoT. I don't own any of these, but I think that outer part is just part of the assembly. That way, a replaceable metal part around the magnet wears and not the playfield wood.

#726 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

That's the new Stern anti-wear magnet design. Same one they have put on TWD and GoT. I don't own any of these, but I think that outer part is just part of the assembly. That way, a replaceable metal part around the magnet wears and not the playfield wood.

That is correct. The outer ring is stainless steel and not magnetic. They copied the design of Bally/Williams. Which there is nothing wrong with using a great design.

#727 8 years ago

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

It uploaded at 144p, I didn't even know it went that low. lol
You have to specify HD on the youtube app.

It does not allow me to change quality. Must be based upon data connection and device for compression. New video uploaded from my laptop.

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It does not allow me to change quality. Must be based upon data connection and device for compression. New video uploaded from my laptop.

The quality isn't the problem its the Kiss in the background thats hurting me.

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah they were turned up loud as hell. Could barely hear got, sm and melons was really hard.

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah they were turned up loud as hell. Could barely hear got, sm and melons was really hard.

and its Kiss.

#732 8 years ago

Wow, the callouts are hideous and the new dots are generic and lame. If they want $7,600 for this basic retheme, they needed to do a LOT more work. I paid $3,300 NIB for my first Spiderman Red. No way this is worth even $1000 more. I'd pay *less* for this low-effort monstrosity.

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I paid $3,300 NIB for my first Spiderman Black.

Did someone spray paint a Gottlieb Spiderman black and sell it to you? Thumbs down for being full of SH*T.

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

» YouTube video

i made it 10 seconds before the music drove me away lol...... :/

#735 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Did someone spray paint a Gottlieb Spiderman black and sell it to you? Thumbs down for being full of SH*T.

#736 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Sorry you're stuck paying points off retail when you buy. I bought THREE at that price each to get that deal and resold the other two. If you hated that deal you'll REALLY hate what I paid for my second Spiderman Red - $1000. Near mint with a blown out transistor for the flipper that was dead simple to fix.

Some people get actual deals. Some pay a percentage off retail and think it's a deal. Sorry you think an actual deal is so unbelievable, I must have made it up.

Here's one of the posts from r.g.p about it from 2007:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/rec.games.pinball$20spiderman$20$243300/rec.games.pinball/k2Z5qV40eCo/mRIfj0z0KnAJ

EDIT: I just realized I typed Spiderman Black initially. It was the Red one, but $3300 for that was still ridiculously cheap. They were going for almost $5k retail at the time.

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Here are some additional features that I left out of the story. This language came straight from the press release:
Steel plastic protectors at the Sandman and in the pop bumper
area.
VUK opening playfield protectors at Dock Ock and the Sandman.
Stainless steel playfield protector beneath the webslinger in the
pops.
All stainless steel webslinger ball guides.
Improved ramp guards.
Optimizations to the design of anti-ball trap plastics and ramp
covers.
Improved wire form ramp mounting details.

Anti-wear Dock Ock playfield magnet assembly.
All LED playfield lighting.

Im wondering if the press release referring to the vuk openings at doc ock and sandman are cliffy types. Has anyone got a pic of those areas?

thanks

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Im wondering if the press release referring to the vuk openings at doc ock and sandman are cliffy types. Has anyone got a pic of those areas?
thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I paid $3,300 NIB for my first Spiderman Red.

I call complete BS.
SM Red was never an overstock machine at distributors. It sold well, and was never in "close out" even in 2008.

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I call complete BS.
SM Red was never an overstock machine at distributors. It sold well, and was never in "close out" even in 2008.

It's possible with the right connections. That's was prob absolute cost at the time. I had the opportunity to get NIB FGY at release for a hair over 3300

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's possible with the right connections. That's was prob absolute cost at the time. I had the opportunity to get NIB FGY at release for a hair over 3300

When I was out at Banning today I saw an old issue of Game Room magazine that was the Spider-Man launch issue, and the ad from Stern on the back was for Spidey, and also Family Guy and POTC.

And that's all there is to my story.

Molly found a LOTR in a dumpster. Shit happens. Doesn't mean Spidey was a $3300 game or LOTR should be free, just fun anecdotes. Like seeing an ad from 2007 for some games.

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I call complete BS.

Did I say distributors? No. Read the thread I linked to from r.g.p that I posted back in 2007 offering the deal. The Spidey Reds were spoken for in hours. A good 1/3 of that thread was also people doing what you're doing who never put a pinball deal together in their lives and apparently didn't know that I made The Shadow Plastic supersets under license from Gene a few years earlier so I wasn't some random r.g.p. joker. They didn't get the deal. Their loss.

But back on topic...this vault edition is sad in too many ways and the price is an insult for a reskin.

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did I say distributors? No. Read the thread I linked to from r.g.p that I posted back in 2007 offering the deal. The Spidey Reds were spoken for in hours. A good 1/3 of that thread was also people doing what you're doing who never put a pinball deal together in their lives and apparently didn't know that I made The Shadow Plastic supersets under license from Gene a few years earlier so I wasn't some random r.g.p. joker. They didn't get the deal. Their loss.
But back on topic...this vault edition is sad in too many ways and the price is an insult for a reskin.

Smallest cost I saw in 2007-2008 for NIB SM Red in any sale was $3500 (no shipping included of course).
That was nearly $0 profit margin for any seller, distributor or private resale.
That was REALLY REALLY LOW, and still $200 higher than what was stated.

If this was a "back alley" deal from Stern direct (which still occurred at the time), then congratulations.
Stern has put an end to this practice especially eliminating any "holding" factory stock in significant quality, unless the game is an outright, complete bomb in the future, and distributors make terrible pre-order decisions or there are massive order cancellations, which then black eyes the distributor from Stern.

That is not going to happen again, just like the days of grabbing "B/C title" late 80s (System 11) and early 90s (Pre-WPC and WPC) BLY/WMS DMD pins for $500, unless completely stripped of all boards and blown out playfields, which even then is still questionable.
This includes "container deals", because half is what is shipped is complete garbage now and raises the cost per machine, which turns said machines into part donors.
Most brokers are not taking the risk now with the loss.
There are a couple of potential exceptions, but I could count them on one hand.

I don't wish Stern ill will either way, but I hope collectors can temper their wallets.
This machine should never MSRP at its current price, the rest is fine if they really want a comic SM.
The same went for Whoa Nellie, which is slowly coming down to earth from the moon.

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry you're stuck paying points off retail when you buy. I bought THREE at that price each to get that deal and resold the other two. If you hated that deal you'll REALLY hate what I paid for my second Spiderman Red - $1000. Near mint with a blown out transistor for the flipper that was dead simple to fix.
Some people get actual deals. Some pay a percentage off retail and think it's a deal. Sorry you think an actual deal is so unbelievable, I must have made it up.
Here's one of the posts from r.g.p about it from 2007:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/rec.games.pinball$20spiderman$20$243300/rec.games.pinball/k2Z5qV40eCo/mRIfj0z0KnAJ
EDIT: I just realized I typed Spiderman Black initially. It was the Red one, but $3300 for that was still ridiculously cheap. They were going for almost $5k retail at the time.

I am quite happy for the few that run across killer deals on pins,I just wish it was me

#746 8 years ago

Havn't been on Pinside for a few weeks, and missed the news.

Personal thoughts: Price is exactly were I expected it to be and the art is TERRIBLE. The original SM with the spider-plastics instead of the actor-plastics is MUCH nicer than this bobblehead-spiderman pin.

Maybe there will be a LotR VE after all...

lotr_bh_(resized).jpglotr_bh_(resized).jpg

#747 8 years ago

I have a 2007 red Spidey that I'm about to put a NOS playfield in. What would you all think the value would be on such a machine? It will have a new playfield, new plastics, speaker upgrades,etc. Everything will be replaced with new parts on the playfield that needs it. And yes, it will be for sale later this Spring.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

I have a 2007 red Spidey that I'm about to put a NOS playfield in. What would you all think the value would be on such a machine? It will have a new playfield, new plastics, speaker upgrades,etc. Everything will be replaced with new parts on the playfield that needs it. And yes, it will be for sale later this Spring.

$4200. I'll take it. Just lmk when it is ready to ship.

#749 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

$4200. I'll take it. Just lmk when it is ready to ship.

? sarcasm? I would think that game should be 6k ish, especially if people are shelling out more for this new one.

FWIW I figured this new game would be a mixed bag. Dots might be better, callouts will likely be worse. Art might be wash, with its own set of pluses and minuses. This certainly looks more like the sort of big kids toy, the old one at least looked a bit more adult-ish?

Hopefully this finds its audience: the people wanting to spend 7K-ish (I imagine 11.5K Canadian-ish with taxes?) for an updated SM?

Makes picking up a used one for $5500-6500 CAD seem like a ridonkulous bargain.

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

? sarcasm? I would think that game should be 6k ish, especially if people are shelling out more for this new one.
FWIW I figured this new game would be a mixed bag. Dots might be better, callouts will likely be worse. Art might be wash, with its own set of pluses and minuses. This certainly looks more like the sort of big kids toy, the old one at least looked a bit more adult-ish?
Hopefully this finds its audience: the people wanting to spend 7K-ish (I imagine 11.5K Canadian-ish with taxes?) for an updated SM?
Makes picking up a used one for $5500-6500 CAD seem like a ridonkulous bargain.

yes, and enough so I didn't think a wink wink would be necessary.

Now that said, you have to consider that if someone is looking to sell a SM in the near future would it be worth the time and money to restore a game or just sell the parts separately. Making an old SM more valuable than a SMVE seems like the wrong way to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 25.50
$ 25.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 829 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-vault-edition-images-are-here/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.