10 (resized).JPG
9 (resized).JPG
8 (resized).JPG
7 (resized).JPG
6 (resized).JPG
5 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I was making some adjustments to my 2007 Spider-Man yesterday and noticed this adjustment. What the hell is this all about? Did they initially intend on having a diverter from the spider sense shot to the shooter lane??? Or am I reading this wrong?

Untitled_(resized).pngUntitled_(resized).png

#4 8 years ago

Interesting. I wonder if there is still a "mod" available for this someone under some dust....

This would be really cool.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

See below images. It really adds to the gameplay.

Ok. That's freakin cool! I want that. Anyone know where to source parts to do this?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think Rush Luangsuwang made some ,Id ask him....

Who is that?

#19 8 years ago

I'm going to try and make this happen in mine. I resurrected the old thread. If anyone else has done this and has any tips, they would be greatly appreciated!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-behind-flipper-shooter-lane-mod

#25 8 years ago

Thanks JMK. You're the man. I'll be doing this soon and will post pics with done.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

So JMK , that gate in your Spidey is just a one-way gate correct ? ( ie. the ball can come up through from the bottom , but coming from the top it always goes to the shooter lane ) . If I am thinking correctly from the adjustments in the menus listed by the OP then the original design would've called for a solenoid controlled gate so it can stay shut ( send the ball to shooter lane ) or open ( back back to playfield ) .
Still a cool feature nonetheless .

That was my initial thought too. But I don't think there would be enough time for a gate to open that close to the registering switch. Maybe, but it would be tight. I think the setting is so the game knows why a ball ended up in the shooter lane. Yes I know the default is to just launch a ball that hits the shooter lane switch, but in multi ball it may give it more logic....

9 months later
#32 7 years ago

So I finally fished this mod last night. It turned out great and it's a nice little addition to the gameplay. Here are the finished pics.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago

It was fairly simple to do. I was definitely time consuming though. I probably mad about a dozen different cuts. I didn't want to cut too much off. First you want to make a couple of marks on the rail weldment below the spider sense switch. Use a pinball as a referance for size. After that, put the pieces back into the game and hole up your gate. Continue cutting more off until you're happy with where it sits. You'll want to buff/smooth the rough edges so your pinballs don't get damaged. Then you need to hold up the gate and mark where you want to drill for your screw to pass through. I drilled a tapered edge to try and bury the screw as far as possible. Then install the gate, flap, and pin.

4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG

7 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG

8 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG

9 (resized).JPG9 (resized).JPG

10 (resized).JPG10 (resized).JPG

11 (resized).JPG11 (resized).JPG

12 (resized).JPG12 (resized).JPG

13 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

The last thing you need to do it go into your menus and change the setting for spider sense to exit to shooter lane.

All in all I think it turned out great. It pretty much looks factory. You can even reinstall the plastic that covers the area up. It doesn't make a HUGE change to gameplay, but it's nice when it goes in there and drops to the shooter lane. Give you another opportunity to light the roll overs for more bonus, and it gives you another shot at Venom.

This mod is pretty simple to do yourself as long as you have the right tools. Just takes a bit of patience.

If anyone wanted me to make them one, I might be able to make it happen. The gate flaps are out of stock, so I would have to find another option. Feel free to PM me.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats on a job well done!
Gameplay questions:
Does the gate only return ball into shooter lane when spider sense is lit? And act normal if it's not lit? Or does it always return to shooter lane? This is a cool addition for anyone who actually wants to see their spider sense rewards lol.
Don't know if I'll do it on mine personally, but I'd really like to hear from Steve Ritchie on his thoughts and why it ultimately got left out.

It's not a controlled gate. So it always dumps it into the shooter lane.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's weird; then why have the setting in adjustments? It still hits the same spider sense switch with or without the mod.

Good question. It does score 125k for spider sense now, even when not lit. Haven't checked with factory settings. I'll check that out.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Do you have any for sale?

I sent you a PM. The gate flap isn't in stock at the moment but they should be getting some in. If anyone else is interested in me making them on, shoot me a PM.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Could it be that if the settings are set "to shooter lane" then it enables auto launch once the lane switch senses the ball is there? Hey Pin, have you noticed that when the ball does return to the shooter lane does is auto plunge or do you manually have to plunge? Try both and see if that option affects that.

It auto plunges. Pretty sure it auto plunges either way.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

So the upper portion of the rail you cut. Does it only have one mount now? Is it "floppy" without a second mounting point?

Nothing is floppy. The upper portion has a nut on the bottom and a screw in the top. Everything is very sturdy.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Do you still get the regular Spider Sense awards when lit i.e. add-a-ball, extended timers for modes, etc.

I'll look into this. I would assume they would all be there. Haven't played with it enough. If they sent there, you could always switch the setting back. It is really nice when the ball goes back to the shooter though. No worry about it draining.

3 months later
#48 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Question, is there a way to not use the gate and have a rubber somewhere so sometimes is goes in the shooterlane and the other time to the flipper? So make this more a random outcome.

Not that I can think of...

Not sure why you'd want it though. It's nice returning to the shooter lane. I won't be switching mine back.

9 months later
#52 6 years ago

Crimp the outer edges with a dyke/side cutter

#53 6 years ago

I have one of these for sale if anyone is interested. $125 shipped.

2 years later
#61 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got mine cut and installed. I really like the change.

Nice work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-spider-sense-lane-exit-to-shooter-lane?tu=NightTrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.