View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
IMG_3636 (resized).JPG
20170406_201627 (resized).jpg
20170406_201654 (resized).jpg
20170406_183309-1 (resized).jpg
20170406_183246-1 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hey guys I just picked up a 2007 spider-man and im adding the shaker motor kit and cant get it to work any help world be great thanks

#2 7 years ago

Did you get the right kit ?

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

as far as I know yes I got the kit from curly @ little shop of games do I need to turn something on in the menu

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Hey guys I just picked up a 2007 spider-man and im adding the shaker motor kit and cant get it to work any help world be great thanks

It is a pretty simple set up if you bought the right kit.
If you think it is correct, make sure the Shaker is set to maximum in the code.
Then it should shake when you hit sandman

#5 7 years ago

shaker kit 502-5027-00 Rev B the game is running 1.4 version

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

as far as I know yes I got the kit from curly @ little shop of games do I need to turn something on in the menu

Yes. You have options in the game menu. I am not familiar with your machine so I am not sure where it is.

Have fun!

#7 7 years ago

Can you provide detail on now you hooked it up? I just added one to my game a few weeks ago and it is a different set up than other games. There's only two plugs, one from motor to board and one from front of game to board. You don't use any of the extra wiring that comes with the shaker. I can't recall if there is a key in the plugs, but make sure they are oriented right on the board.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you provide detail on now you hooked it up? I just added one to my game a few weeks ago and it is a different set up than other games. There's only two plugs, one from motor to board and one from front of game to board. You don't use any of the extra wiring that comes with the shaker. I can't recall if there is a key in the plugs, but make sure they are oriented right on the board.

I mounted the shaker motor & SM PCB board I pluged the motor on one side of the PBC board and the wire that's right there from the game harness in the other side of the board I went into menu turned on shaker motor on to max and I get nothing from the shaker went into test the shaker still not working I did not use the sub harness that came with kit for there is no connectors for the sub harness

#9 7 years ago

The three pin connector goes towards the back of the game not to the assessory plug on the right. I think it a brown stripped wire if I remember.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

shaker kit 502-5027-00 Rev B the game is running 1.4 version

Immediately update to 2.6 for starters.

#11 7 years ago

I wish I could remember exactly what I did but when I added a Stern Rev B shaker to my 2007 Spiderman it didn't work right away either. I added a ground somehow and then it worked great. I just can't remember exactly what I did but the board wasn't grounded and one of the pins was ground so I basically pinned up a connector and grounded it.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The three pin connector goes towards the back of the game not to the assessory plug on the right. I think it a brown stripped wire if I remember.

this is not correct for SM. there is a special plug just inside the coindoor for SM that goes to the shaker board.

Quoted from Turboderf:

I mounted the shaker motor & SM PCB board I pluged the motor on one side of the PBC board and the wire that's right there from the game harness in the other side of the board I went into menu turned on shaker motor on to max and I get nothing from the shaker went into test the shaker still not working I did not use the sub harness that came with kit for there is no connectors for the sub harness

it sounds like you have it hooked up right, you might want to check the connections at the motor to make sure they are on correctly. confirm also that the connections to the board are keyed and plugged in correctly. i don't know if code is an issue with the shaker, maybe you are running an older version that didn't support a shaker. You could also check that you are getting 12v out of the plug from the game using a meter. check the fuses on the shaker board. if all those check out, either something is wired backwards or you have a bad shaker board.

#13 7 years ago

Sounds like you need to upgrade the code, Turbo

#14 7 years ago

Ok the code has been updated to 2.4 from Sterns website.
Menu says that the shaker is installed, but it still doesn't work.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I would take a quick photo of mine but I'm not home right now.
You may have a bad board, but check wiring harness again. Also Check fuses. Just because they are new does not mean they are good.
90% of these problems are a backwards molex plug.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

The code on Stern's site is version 2.61

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The code on Stern's site is version 2.61

I just did it and I got 2.4

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I just did it and I got 2.4

For the original SM?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the original SM?

Yes, it says 2.61 on the file but 2.4 on the DMD

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Yes, it says 2.61 on the file but 2.4 on the DMD

Do you get the web bursts when the ball is bouncing around off the pop bumpers?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do you get the web bursts when the ball is bouncing around off the pop bumpers?

Yep, he sure does. And the pop bumpers are lit brighter

#23 7 years ago

If it is doing the web bursts on the DMD during pop bumper action then it is 2.61, but it is very strange if it is saying 2.4.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-40-along-came-a-spider/page/2#post-3190670

#24 7 years ago

I don't know, but anyway back to the shaker motor problem.
Any ideas?

#25 7 years ago

Go buy another fucking shaker. End of thread.

#26 7 years ago

Back when I installed mine several years ago, there was a connector on the left wall/side of the cabinet in the wire bundle a little past the tilt bob. That connector is for the shaker.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

BTW it's a brand new out of the box shaker from Stern

#29 7 years ago

I had the same problem with my SM. The wiring is different on SM for some reason. I finally called Stern and they had to build me a different harness for the back box and send it to me and that fixed it.

Screenshot_2017-04-06-18-39-04 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2017-04-06-18-39-04 (resized).jpg

20170406_183246-1 (resized).jpg20170406_183246-1 (resized).jpg

20170406_183309-1 (resized).jpg20170406_183309-1 (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

shaker kit was bought from curlys this past weekend NEW in the box

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Back when I installed mine several years ago, there was a connector on the left wall/side of the cabinet in the wire bundle a little past the tilt bob. That connector is for the shaker.

yes im using that connector

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I finally called Stern and they had to build me a different harness for the back box and send it to me and that fixed it.

Extra red wire. Maybe it could be added in ?

LTG : )

#33 7 years ago

Something isn't right here. Here is the board that came with my shaker. Connector on right is the one to the motor, connector on left is what was inside the coin door.

I don't know what the harness you show is for, but it isn't in my game for the shaker.

Quoted from ita47:

I had the same problem with my SM. The wiring is different on SM for some reason. I finally called Stern and they had to build me a different harness for the back box and send it to me and that fixed it.
[Image/post mismatch]

20170406_201654 (resized).jpg20170406_201654 (resized).jpg
20170406_201627 (resized).jpg20170406_201627 (resized).jpg

#34 7 years ago

Here is a photo of mine.
I have the board screwed on the cabinet upside down from yours.

IMG_3636 (resized).JPGIMG_3636 (resized).JPG

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Something isn't right here. Here is the board that came with my shaker. Connector on right is the one to the motor, connector on left is what was inside the coin door.
I don't know what the harness you show is for, but it isn't in my game for the shaker.

There is a board similar to yours that mounts down in the cabinet on the left side above the shaker motor. The shaker motors purchased from Stern also come with a harness for the backbox with a ground wire that runs back down to the board your referring to. The harness I posted pictures of is that harness for the backbox. As LTG pointed out there is an extra red wire on the SM harness Stern sent me. All I know is mine didn't work until I installed the new harness.

#36 7 years ago

I would start Checking connections and the drive transistor as shown in the manual.check that there is 12v coming out of the connector going to the shaker board. If there is, the shaker board is bad or the motor is wired backwards, I've seen it before.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

2 weeks later
#37 7 years ago

Just wondering if you ever got your shaker working?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Just wondering if you ever got your shaker working?

nope I never got it to work so I trader the spider-man in on a NIB Aerosmith pro so im selling the shaker kit 502-5027-00 Rev B its New

#39 7 years ago

Somebody shoud tell Eggbert that there is a shaker for sale.

3 years later
#40 3 years ago

Might be a little late on this but there is a shaker motor setting. By default it is set to none. You can test the motor in Diagnostics which is how I determined the shaker was working. Then ho to the shaker motor setting and change from none to your preference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-shaker-motor-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.