Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bangbackula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So... I discovered SM rolls at 4 billion. Yes, it's totally time to make it harder. No, I'm not bragging about rolling it. My question is why 4 billion? That seems like a weird cut off. It's not like the digits couldn't accommodate a higher score. Are there other Sterns that roll at 4 billion?

While I do believe most SM games will never exceed that threshold, it is possible if you play your cards right. Once you start picking up x6 super jackpots, the scoring becomes insane. So then, why 4 billion?

I understand that this is probably a unique problem. That game went 2 hours and 8 minutes. I don't particularly care to play longer than that, but it bothers me that if I wanted to, scores wouldn't track correctly. I missed regaining my GC because of the roll.

And in case anyone asks, the glass was on, the tilt was sensitive, the lanes were narrow, and eb's were allowed. Looks like I'm going to have to remove the center post, remove the outlane posts, disable eb's, and add lightning flippers.

But still... WHY 4 BILLION?!?!?!

#3 8 years ago

Thank you. That's the exact kind of answer I was looking for. I just wanted to know technically why.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks, guys. I'm still trying to strike the balance between my games being fun for the average player while remaining challenging for a few of the better players. Making everyone happy is not an easy task, and I'm afraid that some of the changes I mentioned will hurt them more than me. If I don't murder it out though, then I'm afraid there's nothing left for me to do.

9 months later
#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Does this same issue impact other Stern games?

I was initially looking to find this out as well.

Quoted from LesManley:

I know WOF doesn't roll over at 4 billion.

That's interesting. It would be awesome if somewhere there was a list of scoring thresholds. Seems like a good stat for a game's splash page.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.95
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bangbackula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-rolls-at?tu=bangbackula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.