• Latest reply 8 years ago by skov
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So this came of my sm the other night. Can anyone tell me where it goes?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

My guess is no where. It doesn't look factory to me (for a Stern Spider-Man).

My guess is someone added it to block a ball trap, but I have never had a ball trap in my Spider-Man since I had my Sandman "legs" reshaped.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My guess is no where. It doesn't look factory to me (for a Stern Spider-Man).

The screw doesn't look right.

The clear plastic and bracket, I wonder if it broke off the clear webbing or the clear plastic by the shooter lane ?

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The screw doesn't look right.

Agree. If it was bigger, has/had an allen head and a lock washer, I'd say coil stop screw. Flat washer on a thumb screw? No idea. Fell off test equipment at the factory maybe?

My guess on the plastic and bracket is it's from one of the side supports on the arch (webslinger assembly) that comes out of the Doc Ock VUK. Specifically, from the part right near where the arch starts. The other (right) side curves at the end. Good pic linked below.

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5237&picno=34631

#5 10 years ago

Plastic looks like its from the plastic rail on the VUK behind Sandman.

As for the screw, I found one in my AC/DC Premium and have no idea where it goes. I think it's from the assembly process.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from skov:

So this came of my sm the other night. Can anyone tell me where it goes?

Look at the bottom of the plastic guides for both Sandman and Doc Ock overhead loops it looks like it may be a piece broken off the bottom.
Screw doesn't look like a pinball screw.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My guess is someone added it to block a ball trap, but I have never had a ball trap in my Spider-Man since I had my Sandman "legs" reshaped.

Ocationally I'll have two balls get stuck in the sandman vuk, is this what you're referring to? Would love a solution for that.

#8 10 years ago

Table?

Sorry had to I do not own the game.
It does look like an added plastic to stop ball hang ups somewhere.

2 years later
#9 8 years ago

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but the same thing has happened to my SM, although my screw looks different. In my case this is from the beginning of the Sandman VUK webslinger clear plastic guide.

I'm just curious if skov refitted it and it it has broken again or not. I'm just trying to figure out if a bit of superglue to rejoin the broken plastic and fixing the screw back in with a bit of thread-lock will do the trick or will it end up being a short term fix?

2 weeks later
#10 8 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but the same thing has happened to my SM, although my screw looks different. In my case this is from the beginning of the Sandman VUK webslinger clear plastic guide.
I'm just curious if skov refitted it and it it has broken again or not. I'm just trying to figure out if a bit of superglue to rejoin the broken plastic and fixing the screw back in with a bit of thread-lock will do the trick or will it end up being a short term fix?

I tried reinstalling the broken part with no alteration, but that ended up causing more harm than good, with the guide only being kept in by a single screw it shifted around it's axis.

I ended up living with the occasional hangups until i parted ways with it in favor of an AC/DC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-part-location-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.