Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chippe01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm a classic SS guy, and never really liked modern games because they were too difficult, rule-wise. So, I settled on a Spider-Man Home edition, because it looked much simpler.

I pretty much know that spelling SPIDER lites the next enemy for you to defeat, spelling WEB starts 2X scoring, and increases the time with each additional spelling, and HERO increases bonus X.

However, I am stumped on how to defeat enemies. For Sandman, Goblin and Venom the ramps / lanes are lit on both sides. I think you need to make these shots 3 times to defeat the particular enemy, but do you need to make the shot 3X both ways, or just 3X either way?

What about Doc Ock? Do you just drop the targets and then hit the target behind the drops, or do it another way?

And what's with the Save MJ thing? Am I saving her by just releasing the ball that is trapped?

My scores are kind of dismal right now, even though I did break 3 million, but I have the game on 5 balls as I need the practice. The outer lane shots are pretty tight and leave no room for error, as is the spinner lane shot.

Any help / tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Did you watch the dead flip video he did? I swear someone from stern talked about modes and how to do them... mmm I'll have to watch it again.

I'm actually impressed by the game. Hope you're enjoying yours!

#3 6 years ago

Hi @northvibe. I actually watched the dead-flip video several times. I really didn't listen too much to what they were saying as I was focused on the gameplay. I guess I should watch it again, but this time LISTEN to it!

I am enjoying the machine, but it's a bit difficult for me. I gotta keep practicing.

#4 6 years ago

I discovered, through gameplay, All enemies, except Doc Ock, have to be hit 3 times BOTH ways to be defeated, and Doc Ock is defeated when you complete the Doc Ock multi-ball. This is on the default settings.

I changed most of the settings to easy while I am learning the game, and I did defeat all enemies tonight and got to the Vengeance mode.

4 months later
#5 6 years ago

Reviving this thread again as I discovered something today.

When I first got the machine, I kept getting a "Check MJ2 switch" error. Upon inspection, I noticed that the actuator for the switch was too wide open, so the switch was never closed. I adjusted the actuator so the switch closes when it's depressed. I didn't know the purpose of this switch though.

Today, I was checking the diagnostics menu and it showed MJ2 switch was disabled. I checked the setting and it was "Out of Service". So I changed it to "In Service". But I still didn't know the purpose of this switch.

I started a game and partially removed the glass. I locked a ball in the Rescue MJ lock and another ball was shot into play. I pressed the MJ2 switch and held it, and the display showed MJ LOCK 10,000, and a third ball was put in play.

So, it's possible to lock 2 balls for Rescue MJ. I have gotten a 2nd ball stuck up there before, but just shook it loose.

It's not a very good feature though because the 2nd ball is not securely held in place. A ball knocking around the pop bumpers will easily dislodge the 2nd ball.

And now I realized that the switch was probably set not to close as it was decided this 2nd lock didn't work properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Electronics
Pinballrom
Electronics
Lighting
Cobra Amusements
Lighting
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-home-defeating-enemies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.