image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Does anyone else have a ball hang up problem in the back left side of the machine when hitting the Spiderman ramp (NOT the Venom side ramp)?

The ball come around the corner fast, hits the building and then gets stuck off the rail. It is pretty annoying. It happens about every 5th game. I can take the building out and the problem goes away. But a bunch of people bought those buildings right? So what do you do?

Thanks!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Never happened for me before. I had the BAC mods in the game for a while. They crowded the play field and I pulled them out. They didn't cause any of these hangups for me though.

#3 7 years ago

Took some pictures of mine. I don't have the building mod. Never had a ball stick there.

#4 7 years ago

I played a friends SMv and it did the same thing. Seems like the plastic ramp should be slightly higher than the wire ramp which I thought caused the hang up.

#5 7 years ago

I would suspect you need to move the building down towards the bottom of the playfield more so that the ball never hits it. I have the BAC buildings in mine and the ball clears it all the time.

#6 7 years ago

Could you add some pictures of where you have your buildings please? I have play tested it tons. The issue is with the ball striking the building when it is moving at a high rate of speed.

There is no issue without the building. But I like it too much. I don't want to scrap it.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Could you add some pictures of where you have your buildings please? I have play tested it tons. The issue is with the ball striking the building when it is moving at a high rate of speed.
There is no issue without the building. But I like it too much. I don't want to scrap it.

I don't think the ball should be touching the building. Perhaps you are bending the wireform when you install the building?

#8 7 years ago

There is enough room for the ball to hop through. But when it comes around fast it flies over the drop in the ramp and brushes the bottom of the building.

I am not sure how the building could go in differently. And the one next to it is flush with a ramp switch housing. So I do not believe that I can just move them all an inch closer to the player.

#9 7 years ago

Your buildings look backwards from this picture on BackAlleyCreations web site (EDIT: I think that is just the faces of the building being reversed which probably does not affect anything):

spiderman_buildings_4_(resized).jpgspiderman_buildings_4_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

There is enough room for the ball to hop through. But when it comes around fast it flies over the drop in the ramp and brushes the bottom of the building.
I am not sure how the building could go in differently. And the one next to it is flush with a ramp switch housing. So I do not believe that I can just move them all an inch closer to the player.

There is a screw in the return trail that is under those buildings. Make sure that is tightened down so the trail in not sticking up too high.
From memory there is also a hex post for supporting the trail that the screw threads into that needs to be tightened down before the screw is tightened down.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks! Here are my buildings. They were in the game when I bought it.

#12 7 years ago

What is the thing that I circled in your picture? It looks like it could possibly be a piece of metal that is not supposed to be there and could stop the ball.

ef0afbefbe77e4348d953b3f63a264508e0e9d43_(resized).jpegef0afbefbe77e4348d953b3f63a264508e0e9d43_(resized).jpeg

#13 7 years ago

I'd recommend going to the BAC website. The directions on there are hard to find and are worse than IKEA, but you can see how they're supposed to be installed.

#14 7 years ago

Here is what mine looks like:

IMG_1265[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_1265[1]_(resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago

Thank you all. I have it working now. The circled thing in the picture is part of the wireform. I simply bought some fancy pants velcro stuff and moved the red building about a 1/2 inch higher to where it is just under the glass. I also velcroed it to the building next to it too. All is well.

#16 7 years ago

Really like these buildings by the way... my last Spider-Man didn't have them.

#17 7 years ago

Yeah. SM pin sucks without em.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 25.50
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-ball-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.