steve_at_work.png
steve_has_spirit.png
1400204038278 (resized).jpg
IMG_4372 (resized).JPG
IMG_4371 (resized).JPG
night rider (resized).JPG
IMG_20161001_175935100 (resized).jpg
20160512_172144 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 7 years ago

Steve, I wish you the best. I know you'll be working on System 80 machines and lifting houses in no time! Take care my brother.

Your friend and #22,
Brad

house.jpghouse.jpg

1 month later
#123 7 years ago

Bump from a longtime RGP friend that includes a picture of a younger Steve.

Brad

steve_charland.jpgsteve_charland.jpg

1 month later
#166 7 years ago

Hey, I just saw Chris the other day at Pinball Expo 2016! And Steve, let me say a few people I caught up with there wanted to extend their well wishes to you, so here is that video:

You are in our thoughts and prayers my longtime friend.

Brad

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Awesome Brad!!!

Thanks, I was happy to speak with people about Steve and see their positive energy for him.

Brad

#172 7 years ago

The goodwill and good people in this community truly needs to be witnessed in person. And although I see the thumbnail above for the video may (currently) give away something, others may find a surprise or two in the six and a half minute video...

Brad

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You're awesome, Brad!! Not as awesome as Steve, but still awesome none the less!!

Everyone else is awesome, I just work to show that to others! And don't you think we need to start working on the plan to get Steve out to Pinball Expo 2017 so that we can all bother him in person?!?

Brad

#184 7 years ago

My friends know I am both long-winded and transparent, in this post I will try to limit the first of those attributes. I had a chance to speak with Steve on Thursday for nearly an hour. Now after probably close to 20 years of communication with him, I could finally attach a voice to the man out in California who has been helping people for longer than I've been in the hobby. And let me start my saying my expectations for Steve were high and he still blew them out of the water. I immediately felt like I was talking to a friend who had been to my house for dinner and vice versa, helped me tune a motorcycle, or worked to bring a System 80 machine back to life in my basement. I will say that I am not overly guarded, but in the case of talking with Steve, it was like we had spoke last week and were just catching up (at least from my end).

People may know Steve as blownfuse or CARGPB#1, I will say he is not only a real person, but a damn good one. Someone who makes the planet better by being here, helping others, and working on ways to improve things. This isn't an Internet cowboy or keyboard commando, but someone whose life will be defined by what he has done. I already felt good about what everyone had done for him with the video, but his appreciation took it to another level. I will continue to pray for Steve and his family, as I look forward to having an opportunity to shake his hand and give him a big hug in person.

Your friend,
Brad (CARGPB #22)

steve_has_spirit.pngsteve_has_spirit.png

steve_at_work.pngsteve_at_work.png

1 month later
#208 7 years ago

Happy Birthday Steve! And as Chris has noted you are winning and ultimately will wear a logo like this on your shirt.

Brad

CARGPB1.jpgCARGPB1.jpg

1 month later
#240 7 years ago

Steve, I will tell you once again that this is...

great_news.pnggreat_news.png

3 weeks later
#265 7 years ago

Steve, I hope are continuing to build-up strength to prepare for any System 80 machines at Pin-a-Go-Go that may require your attention! I'll talk to you soon.

Brad

star_series.pngstar_series.png

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for letting us know Cliffy. Steve and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
LTG

Yes Cliffy, thank you for the update. Prayers go out to Steve and his family!

Brad

#306 7 years ago

I had a long and wonderful conversation with Steve tonight. He was at the hospital but to be going home this evening. I will summarize some of what was said. First off, he wanted everyone to know he is not a superhero in regards to his continual fight against cancer. He simply said he was not given a choice, as the other option is not acceptable. I quoted him saying, "I'm gonna be here." And I absolutely believe that after speaking with him. He wants to thank everyone for their support, I know Cliffy has said it but I will as well. The public and private messages of support is something he has taken to heart, I cannot express how much it means to him. Thanks for reading, Steve is a special guy and I am reminded of that each time I speak with him.

Brad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speedy-recovery-mr-charland?tu=jellikit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.