steve_at_work.png
steve_has_spirit.png
1400204038278 (resized).jpg
IMG_4372 (resized).JPG
IMG_4371 (resized).JPG
night rider (resized).JPG
IMG_20161001_175935100 (resized).jpg
20160512_172144 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 7 years ago

Hi gang, thanks so much for all the well wishes, it's what keeps me going. I finished my second round of Chemo a few days ago (4 more rounds to go), I would've posted earlier but the Chemo makes it difficult to think.

I just wanted to thank everyone that posted and also dropped by to visit me while in the hospital and at my last brief stay at home. This has been the most difficult challenge I've ever had to overcome. Right now, I can't walk without a walker and I've lost a lot of weight, the weight has been hard to put back on and I have to make myself exercise my legs and arms. This has been tough to do but I'm driven to get my life back to where I was before.

To those that I have projects to get done, I will as soon as I can. Again thanks for your support, you have no idea how much it means to me.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure
CARGPB1

1 week later
#109 7 years ago

I apologize for the down time without contact. The phone that was bought off eBay and given to me turned out to be stolen so my service provider keeps shutting it down. I'm trying to get the problem corrected as quick as I can by re-activating my old phone. Hopefully, I won't be out of contact until late next week when I come back from round 3 of Chemo, I go back to the hospital tomorrow to start all over again. So far, so good, thanks for the support.

Steve
CARGPB1

3 weeks later
#133 7 years ago

Wow!!! Thanks so much to everyone, whenever I start to feel down, I revisit this thread and remember what I need to do. Right now, I'm back at the hospital undergoing round 4 and half way through this round. I get another Chemo spinal tap on Monday. I'm hanging in there and will win. Thanks again for all the positive posts, I am truly blessed to have you here supporting me. Thanks to Robin for making this thread a sticky, it was difficult to track before.

Steve
CARGPB1

3 weeks later
#152 7 years ago

Thanks again everyone for the support. I'm posting an update for all instead of private messages.

Round 4 Chemo has been very difficult for me, much harder than round 3. I lost the ability to stand and walk (with walker) for the first 2 weeks after treatment. Also, my arms are now numb to the elbows. I've been working real hard to get back to where I was before. The hardest thing to accept is losing what I work to gain back after each round.

So far, the best news has been the CT Scan. From what I understand, there is no sign of cancer showing up in the scan. The bad part is coming up however, they need to check my bone merrel to be sure I'm going into remission. I hear this is quite painfull so I'm not looking forward to it.

I go back to the hospital for round 5 Chemo tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for the support.

Steve

#175 7 years ago

I've laughed and cried in this thread. Thanks to all my friends I know or haven't personally met for both. You all are awesome and I'm always amazed at the caring, support and love I see when a comrade needs it. I am truly humbled to have all of you here helping me now.

Steve

2 weeks later
#193 7 years ago

Well, time for another update. I got through round 5 Chemo in much better condition this time. I believe this was because the drug Vinchristy as held back this time. It is probably the cause of most of the side effects I'm exhibiting now (numb fingers, toes, lower lip, loss of half my voice box, loss of strength and balance). Unfortunately, it's also a needed drug to kill cancer. I had to drop the drug they were giving me to combat the effects of the Vinchristy because it had just as many side effects. I couldn't see doubling the effects I need to overcome later.

The good news is that I've been getting a lot of good work outs with the physical therapists. I also go back to the hospital tomorrow for what I hope to be the last round of Chemo...yay!

The bad news is that I still have the bone Merrill test to get done, no word on when yet.

Thanks again for all the support from everyone, there were times that I was down, I'd read this thread and it would lift my spirits.

Steve

3 weeks later
#201 7 years ago

LOL, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I thought I could slip under the radar this year but I see I was wrong.

Small update, finished the last round of Chemo. It knocked out what was left of my hair this time. I've gone to wearing knit caps to keep warm. I've been working real hard trying to get my muscle control back along with my balance.

It's going to be a race to see if my granddaughter walks first or I do. Darn kid is winning so far but I'm driven to get everything back. If I can get to the point of using a cane, I think I can win (kids are easily tripped up).

I still need to go back to have my bone marrow tested, waiting to find out when. Thank you to all for the support,

Steve

#210 7 years ago

Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone.

Steve

1 week later
#215 7 years ago

Nice work Chris, although I'd expect nothing less from you. Along with the extra ground header pin, one mod I always add that I see nobody doing is a 5VDC test point with LED down near the A1J4 connection (at the little star screened on the board). I use it for adjusting the 5VDC instead of the one on the A2 power supply.

Steve

1 week later
#218 7 years ago

I didn't think I could do it but my therapist said I could, I walked with a cane today! Now the real work can begin, getting my life back on track once the neuropathy gets better. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Steve

1 week later
#227 7 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'd like to talk with you. PM sent.

Steve

#229 7 years ago

Thanks Chris,
I went in and they removed some bone marrow for testing, it wasn't as bad as I'd heard it would be. They knocked me out for the surgery but I woke up half way through it, they had to sedate me a second time. I have to wait till the 27th to find out the results. Keeping my fingers crossed. Merry Christmas everyone.

Steve

#234 7 years ago

Got some good news, Christmas came late this year. Went to the doctor to find out the results of the bone marrow test. 100% free of cancer. Thanks to all my friends here, I don't know what I would do without your love and support through this.

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speedy-recovery-mr-charland?tu=blownfuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.