steve_at_work.png
steve_has_spirit.png
1400204038278 (resized).jpg
IMG_4372 (resized).JPG
IMG_4371 (resized).JPG
night rider (resized).JPG
IMG_20161001_175935100 (resized).jpg
20160512_172144 (resized).jpg
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 7 years ago

LOL, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I thought I could slip under the radar this year but I see I was wrong.

Small update, finished the last round of Chemo. It knocked out what was left of my hair this time. I've gone to wearing knit caps to keep warm. I've been working real hard trying to get my muscle control back along with my balance.

It's going to be a race to see if my granddaughter walks first or I do. Darn kid is winning so far but I'm driven to get everything back. If I can get to the point of using a cane, I think I can win (kids are easily tripped up).

I still need to go back to have my bone marrow tested, waiting to find out when. Thank you to all for the support,

Steve

#202 7 years ago

I hope you have a great Birthday Steve and a Happy Thanksgiving.

I hope your health is improving my friend !
LTG : )

#203 7 years ago

does the hair loss
include your facial hair?
hope not
keep fightin' and flippin'
cheers tom

#204 7 years ago

Happy birthday Steve! Keep rocking.

#205 7 years ago

Happy Birthday Steve... you're gonna WIN!

#207 7 years ago

My brother....while the disease has knocked you down, you're winning, giving you, your family, and all of us much to be thankful for. And I see that you still have your sense of humor and great writing skills!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#208 7 years ago

Happy Birthday Steve! And as Chris has noted you are winning and ultimately will wear a logo like this on your shirt.

Brad

CARGPB1.jpgCARGPB1.jpg

#209 7 years ago

Happy Birthday Steve! Here is one of my favorite pics of you from my Pinball Bash party in 2005!

Hope you are well buddy!

DSCN1073 (resized).jpgDSCN1073 (resized).jpg

#210 7 years ago

Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone.

Steve

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone.

Steve

You too my friend !

#212 7 years ago

Thanks for making this Thanksgiving extra special with your recovery Steve. You gave us all a big gift.
-mof

#213 7 years ago

Steve,
I haven't met you, but feel like I know you through some many helpful posts. I watch this thread to be lifted up by all the pinball love that's out there and comes your way. Prayers to you for a Happy Birthday and speedy recovery.
Dan from Chicago

#214 7 years ago

Steve,

How about a System 80 glamour shot.
The usual suspect, alkaline, always the alkaline.

Note that I used your one pin header grounding method.

http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

IMG_4783 (resized).JPGIMG_4783 (resized).JPG

#215 7 years ago

Nice work Chris, although I'd expect nothing less from you. Along with the extra ground header pin, one mod I always add that I see nobody doing is a 5VDC test point with LED down near the A1J4 connection (at the little star screened on the board). I use it for adjusting the 5VDC instead of the one on the A2 power supply.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#216 7 years ago

Check this out Steve.

--

#217 7 years ago

SYSTEM 80!

#218 7 years ago

I didn't think I could do it but my therapist said I could, I walked with a cane today! Now the real work can begin, getting my life back on track once the neuropathy gets better. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Steve

#219 7 years ago

Awesome congrats!

#220 7 years ago

Awesome news Steve, mobility is wonderful!

#221 7 years ago

You got this! Beat your granddaughter at walking!

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I didn't think I could do it but my therapist said I could, I walked with a cane today! Now the real work can begin, getting my life back on track once the neuropathy gets better. Thanks to everyone for their support.
Steve

Great news Steve! You are an inspiration.

#223 7 years ago

Whoo-Hoo! So glad to hear this Steve!
--

#224 7 years ago

That is great news Steve!!!! You got this
Pretty soon the cane can be re-purposed as a playfield prop

#225 7 years ago

Glad to hear you're getting up and around

See if you can track down one of these:

1 week later
#226 7 years ago

blownfuse Very sorry to hear what you have gone through. I just joined Pinside yesterday and found this forum. I am currently dealing with Stage 2B Hodgkin's Lymphoma myself. I went through 5 rounds of chemo which I finished in November and will most likely be starting 14 days of radiation therapy next week. I lost my hair too which sucks because I really cared for my hair and had long naturally curly hair that went a little past my shoulders. I also used to powerlift but I haven't been able to work out since August. You just have to remember that you have passion and things you enjoy in life and use those as encouragement to keep on fighting so you can get back to the things you like. I hope you get back to your normal self and God bless

#227 7 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'd like to talk with you. PM sent.

Steve

#228 7 years ago

Great news Steve !! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with the family!!

Extra prayers on Christmas Day for you too.

#229 7 years ago

Thanks Chris,
I went in and they removed some bone marrow for testing, it wasn't as bad as I'd heard it would be. They knocked me out for the surgery but I woke up half way through it, they had to sedate me a second time. I have to wait till the 27th to find out the results. Keeping my fingers crossed. Merry Christmas everyone.

Steve

#230 7 years ago

Merry Christmas Steve !

#231 7 years ago

Merry Christmas to you and your family Steve!

#232 7 years ago

Have a Merry Christmas, Steve!

1387582934 (resized).jpg1387582934 (resized).jpg

#233 7 years ago

I do not personaly know him but if cliffy says he is good people then i believe he is good people.

Horrible thing leukemia is, but i have witnessed a friend win this battle many years ago.

Hopefully he has a relative that is a bone marrow match for trasplant.

This will be a long and painful journey no doubt.

Best of wishes to him and his family and i hope for a speedy recovery for all involved.

#234 7 years ago

Got some good news, Christmas came late this year. Went to the doctor to find out the results of the bone marrow test. 100% free of cancer. Thanks to all my friends here, I don't know what I would do without your love and support through this.

Steve

#235 7 years ago

This is great news. Knew you and your doctors could do it!

#237 7 years ago

Good things still happen in the world!!! Seriously made my day! So happy for you and your family!

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Got some good news, Christmas came late this year. Went to the doctor to find out the results of the bone marrow test. 100% free of cancer. Thanks to all my friends here, I don't know what I would do without your love and support through this.
Steve

Can't get any better than this... GREAT news.

#240 7 years ago

Steve, I will tell you once again that this is...

great_news.pnggreat_news.png

#241 7 years ago

Fantastic news!

#242 7 years ago

Great news Steve!

A Happy New Year indeed.

#243 7 years ago

Awesome news bro!!!

Happy New Year Steve!

#244 7 years ago

That's incredible news Steve, may 2017 be your best year ever! My brother beat AIDS and associated lymphoma 3 years ago, so miracles do happen. Hope to catch up with you, Kerry, Cliffy, Rob and the rest of the gang this year.

-Jeremy

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Steve

From one survivor to another....HELL YES! Awesome awesome news!

#246 7 years ago

Super great news.

#247 7 years ago

That's outstanding news! Please keep us posted on your progress.

#248 7 years ago

Steve. Does this mean I'm not getting your stuff ?

Disclaimer : I've known Steve for over a dozen years. I want him well enough so he and Cliffy can make it to my 50th Anniversary Party.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Got some good news, Christmas came late this year. Went to the doctor to find out the results of the bone marrow test. 100% free of cancer. Thanks to all my friends here, I don't know what I would do without your love and support through

That's Awesome Steve! I was lucky enough to catch it early, over 35years ago. Thyroid removed and everyday pills of course. Well worth it.

Susi will be sending you a box of mandarins....they are bomb.... Our dog (way back in the day, a few since) peed on our very little tree every day. 20 years later, it takes up half of the back yard!

Just a few left guys and girls (ok hundreds) . Send us your address and get in before it is rot time!

#250 7 years ago

Awesome news!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speedy-recovery-mr-charland/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.