steve_at_work.png
steve_has_spirit.png
1400204038278 (resized).jpg
IMG_4372 (resized).JPG
IMG_4371 (resized).JPG
night rider (resized).JPG
IMG_20161001_175935100 (resized).jpg
20160512_172144 (resized).jpg
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 7 years ago

A little of nature's cheer!! To brighten your day!

From our neighborhood to yours!!

Get better soon!!

IMG_20161001_175935100 (resized).jpgIMG_20161001_175935100 (resized).jpg

#152 7 years ago

Thanks again everyone for the support. I'm posting an update for all instead of private messages.

Round 4 Chemo has been very difficult for me, much harder than round 3. I lost the ability to stand and walk (with walker) for the first 2 weeks after treatment. Also, my arms are now numb to the elbows. I've been working real hard to get back to where I was before. The hardest thing to accept is losing what I work to gain back after each round.

So far, the best news has been the CT Scan. From what I understand, there is no sign of cancer showing up in the scan. The bad part is coming up however, they need to check my bone merrel to be sure I'm going into remission. I hear this is quite painfull so I'm not looking forward to it.

I go back to the hospital for round 5 Chemo tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for the support.

Steve

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Thanks again everyone for the support. I'm posting an update for all instead of private messages.
Round 4 Chemo has been very difficult for me, much harder than round 3. I lost the ability to stand and walk (with walker) for the first 2 weeks after treatment. Also, my arms are now numb to the elbows. I've been working real hard to get back to where I was before. The hardest thing to accept is losing what I work to gain back after each round.
So far, the best news has been the CT Scan. From what I understand, there is no sign of cancer showing up in the scan. The bad part is coming up however, they need to check my bone merrel to be sure I'm going into remission. I hear this is quite painfull so I'm not looking forward to it.
I go back to the hospital for round 5 Chemo tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for the support.
Steve

Hang in there buddy! as soon as you are ready for a visit again let me know and I will round up a crew!

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Thanks again everyone for the support.

Your courage and strength are very inspiring. Wishing you all the best in your fight Steve.

Brian

#155 7 years ago

Godspeed.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

From what I understand, there is no sign of cancer showing up in the scan.

Great news! Thanks for making the effort to update us all Steve.

"Cancer Free" -- we expect to keep hearing more of that...

Your courage to stay the course in the face of all the pain, concern, annoyance -- inspires us all.

We already know you are a big man for helping everyone who's been lost on their pinball journeys through system 80 and elsewhere.

I hope you know you're an even bigger man for healing yourself every moment of every day and night for days and weeks on end -- to push through this cancer tunnel on the way back to good health and physical well-being.

You'll be there soon enough... Keep on truckin'
-mof

night rider (resized).JPGnight rider (resized).JPG

#157 7 years ago

Kick its azz Steve! Just wanted to say thanks for showing me all your LED work on your pins at PAGG. You sure have a knack for making them look just like incandescents bulbs. Can't wait for next years lessons! -Mike

#158 7 years ago

Hope everything goes well. We're all rooting for you.

#159 7 years ago

Steve... Thanks for the update!

As said; We're all rooting for ya! Be strong and get up and running soon!

#160 7 years ago

Bump for Steve. This thread should alway be on page.

#161 7 years ago

Stay strong Steve!! You are truly one of the guys I miss most on here!!

I just saw the periscope stream of Pat's new game dialed in and thought of you!

Just how you like to keep all of your games!!

#162 7 years ago

May The Force be with you! Keep the faith, keep fighting. Wishing the best for you.

#163 7 years ago

Keep up the fight Steve! Praying for you!

#164 7 years ago

Steve,

I got to play a Ready, Fire, Aim at Expo.
Lousy game!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

IMG_4371 (resized).JPGIMG_4371 (resized).JPG

#165 7 years ago

Spirit is here too. All LED'ed up.
--

IMG_4372 (resized).JPGIMG_4372 (resized).JPG

#166 7 years ago

Hey, I just saw Chris the other day at Pinball Expo 2016! And Steve, let me say a few people I caught up with there wanted to extend their well wishes to you, so here is that video:

You are in our thoughts and prayers my longtime friend.

Brad

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Hey, I just Chris the other day at Pinball Expo 2016! And Steve, let me say a few people I caught up with there wanted to extend their well wishes to you, so here is that video:
» YouTube video
Brad

Awesome Brad!!!

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Awesome Brad!!!

Thanks, I was happy to speak with people about Steve and see their positive energy for him.

Brad

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Brad

Brad, you and Christian have done the Lord's work. I called to Steve to let him know you posted the vid but he saw it within minutes of posting and let me tell you, he is encouraged beyond words- thats what he kept saying- he had no words to express the emotions he was feeling. I hope he doesn't mind me saying you guys brought him to tears and he was obviously choked up. Hearing and seeing friends he's always known and some he hasn't met yet just made him feel blessed and loved. I expect he'll chime in the next day or two but right now he's in a hospital bed going through round 5 and there's now a disconnect between hand and brain so hard for him to type anything. Blessings to all who have shown their encouragement, support and prayers for our buddy Steve.

#170 7 years ago

That was a great idea!!

House lift?? I think that story must be retold sometime. The way to add pin space the ( system 80 way?? )

Still praying daily!!
Get well soon Steve!

#171 7 years ago

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery Steve! Hang in there the best you can and fight the fight.

Russ
From the ol' Team-EM days

#172 7 years ago

The goodwill and good people in this community truly needs to be witnessed in person. And although I see the thumbnail above for the video may (currently) give away something, others may find a surprise or two in the six and a half minute video...

Brad

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The goodwill and good people in this community truly needs to be witnessed in person. And although I see the thumbnail above for the video may (currently) give away something, others may find a surprise or two in the six and a half minute video...
Brad

You're awesome, Brad!! Not as awesome as Steve, but still awesome none the less!!

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You're awesome, Brad!! Not as awesome as Steve, but still awesome none the less!!

Everyone else is awesome, I just work to show that to others! And don't you think we need to start working on the plan to get Steve out to Pinball Expo 2017 so that we can all bother him in person?!?

Brad

#175 7 years ago

I've laughed and cried in this thread. Thanks to all my friends I know or haven't personally met for both. You all are awesome and I'm always amazed at the caring, support and love I see when a comrade needs it. I am truly humbled to have all of you here helping me now.

Steve

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I've laughed and cried in this thread. Thanks to all my friends I know or haven't personally met for both. You all are awesome and I'm always amazed at the caring, support and love I see when a comrade needs it. I am truly humbled to have all of you here helping me now.
Steve

Laugh now, asshole, but once you're better, you and Cliffy are finally coming to Expo next year and you'll have to put up with all of us!!!!

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I've laughed and cried in this thread.

You and Cliffy coming to my 50th Anniversary party on September 20th, 2022 ?

LTG : )

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Hey, I just saw Chris the other day at Pinball Expo 2016! And Steve, let me say a few people I caught up with there wanted to extend their well wishes to you, so here is that video:
» YouTube video
Brad

That was awesome, You are a good man and friend for doing this for Steve.

#179 7 years ago

Big thanks to you, Steve, for helping me with Rocky and all others you've helped in this hobby, definitely giving you the Eye of the Tiger over this cancer!

Feel better soon!

#180 7 years ago

Stay strong buddy!!!
we are all pulling for you
Hope to see you leaning in and working on a game soon

1400204038278 (resized).jpg1400204038278 (resized).jpg

#181 7 years ago

Steve,
It's because of you that my love for this hobby still exists to this day. I remember when I first met you through a pinball classified ad and how you couldn't help but show a noob like me the ropes of this hobby and all of the good people that come with it. Your patience is unbelievable my friend. I cherish the friendship we have made through the years and can't wait for you to get back on your feet and do the things that make you happy in life.
Joe

#182 7 years ago

Hey Steve, I've noticed you've been roaming the forums a little bit...glad to see that you've been feeling up to it

#183 7 years ago

Keep fighting Steve. You are in the home stretch and pagg is only 214 days away.

#184 7 years ago

My friends know I am both long-winded and transparent, in this post I will try to limit the first of those attributes. I had a chance to speak with Steve on Thursday for nearly an hour. Now after probably close to 20 years of communication with him, I could finally attach a voice to the man out in California who has been helping people for longer than I've been in the hobby. And let me start my saying my expectations for Steve were high and he still blew them out of the water. I immediately felt like I was talking to a friend who had been to my house for dinner and vice versa, helped me tune a motorcycle, or worked to bring a System 80 machine back to life in my basement. I will say that I am not overly guarded, but in the case of talking with Steve, it was like we had spoke last week and were just catching up (at least from my end).

People may know Steve as blownfuse or CARGPB#1, I will say he is not only a real person, but a damn good one. Someone who makes the planet better by being here, helping others, and working on ways to improve things. This isn't an Internet cowboy or keyboard commando, but someone whose life will be defined by what he has done. I already felt good about what everyone had done for him with the video, but his appreciation took it to another level. I will continue to pray for Steve and his family, as I look forward to having an opportunity to shake his hand and give him a big hug in person.

Your friend,
Brad (CARGPB #22)

steve_has_spirit.pngsteve_has_spirit.png

steve_at_work.pngsteve_at_work.png

#185 7 years ago

Great post Brad. That's Steves fishing hat he has on.

Hey Steve...used your one pin ground connection technique after abating the alkaline damage on this 80B board. A little System 80 eye candy for you.
--

IMG_4501 (resized).JPGIMG_4501 (resized).JPG

#186 7 years ago

Steve,

A few of my friends wanted to say hello. Keep up the good fight.

Brian

IMG_0285 (resized).JPGIMG_0285 (resized).JPG

#187 7 years ago

I am hoping he feels up to driving his little racer cross country and stop in for some Buffalo style food when he gets his strength back. I hear fish fries are not very good in CA. Then he/we can breathe in the ionized air at the falls. There's nothing like it. Sound like a plan? Where else should he visit?

If your feeling like a bit of good Gottlieb this video was pretty great!

#188 7 years ago

Praying for your speedy recovery Steve!

Get well soon and get back to your Pinside pinball family!

Ken

#189 7 years ago

Steve - Hang tough. I know if anyone can kick this it is you. Let me know if you want me to sue anyone or get them arrested. I can do that for you. See you at PAGG.
Mark

#190 7 years ago

Got to hang out with Steve last night.
Heard some new stories like always.
Things are looking up. Steve's pushing himself to rebuild his muscle mass.
We're hoping this very challenging phase of the treatment is complete in 4 weeks, or perhaps even sooner. (knock on wood)
He's in good hands and he's truly blessed.

Good times.
-mof

#191 7 years ago

Steve --
Never got to meet ya ... yet. Hope to in the near future as I hear nothing but praise for you.
We're all praying for you to hang in there through the treatment and beat it once and for all!
Ed

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Got to hang out with Steve last night.
Heard some new stories like always.
Things are looking up. Steve's pushing himself to rebuild his muscle mass.
We're hoping this very challenging phase of the treatment is complete in 4 weeks, or perhaps even sooner. (knock on wood)
He's in good hands and he's truly blessed.
Good times.
-mof

Great to hear...thank you for sharing the positive progress!

I am still laughing Steve at you sneaking up on me at Pagg! To funny, get well buddy!

#193 7 years ago

Well, time for another update. I got through round 5 Chemo in much better condition this time. I believe this was because the drug Vinchristy as held back this time. It is probably the cause of most of the side effects I'm exhibiting now (numb fingers, toes, lower lip, loss of half my voice box, loss of strength and balance). Unfortunately, it's also a needed drug to kill cancer. I had to drop the drug they were giving me to combat the effects of the Vinchristy because it had just as many side effects. I couldn't see doubling the effects I need to overcome later.

The good news is that I've been getting a lot of good work outs with the physical therapists. I also go back to the hospital tomorrow for what I hope to be the last round of Chemo...yay!

The bad news is that I still have the bone Merrill test to get done, no word on when yet.

Thanks again for all the support from everyone, there were times that I was down, I'd read this thread and it would lift my spirits.

Steve

#194 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Steve, so happy to see you getting your strength back!

#195 7 years ago

Yes! this just made my day, so glad to hear some positive news! Keep it up Steve!

#196 7 years ago

Positive vibes headed your way Steve!

#197 7 years ago

Good to hear Steve!
I've been working on my 80B & your posts here & on RGP have really helped a lot. Someday I'll thank you in person, but this'll have to do for now.

Chris

3 weeks later
#198 7 years ago

Happy Birthday Steve! I hope you're surrounded this week with family and friends showing nothing but love. All the best my brother

#199 7 years ago

Happy birthday! I asked you when it was but you weren't saying, Cliffy let the cat out of the bag!

#200 7 years ago

Happy Birthday Steve Hope you're feeling better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speedy-recovery-mr-charland/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.