Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I sold SMB earlier this year, and funded a NiB Tron Pro. Great game, great speed. Now my lineup sits as follows:

TRON Pro, Taxi, Pinbot.

Taxi also has great flow and speed. And that's been my thing lately. So what I'm thinking is that Pinbot is going to go. I love Pinbot, it's terrific, but I can only have so many machines and it isn't getting the plays it deserves.

I'd like a game with decent flow and speed. Given that I have a new Stern, and a 80's Williams, I'd also like to diversify based on time period, so I have a game from all the major milestone times of pinball. So I am missing a 90's era Williams, and an early SS game. For the 90's era Williams, I was thinking STTNG at some point down the road. Hard to find these given the price increases lately. But is this enough speed and flow? I certainly love nailing the spinner on the outer loop.

And any suggestions from Pinside on an earlier SS game? Or an alternative to STTNG? Theme is important to me, so I am ruling out 'The Shadow'

#2 10 years ago

Speed and flow sounds like HS2 Getaway to me...

#3 10 years ago

For speed i like HS. The outer loop is fast.

I've heard that No Fear is good too.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

Speed and flow sounds like HS2 Getaway to me...

HS2 has some of the best flow of any machine I've ever played. It's hard to find, but I think GE has a great flow to it. Out of my entire collection, I'd say it has the most.

#5 10 years ago

ST:TNG was the first one that popped into my head. Tons of speed and flow when set up well. If budget is a concern, it doesn't get any faster and flowy-er than No Fear. JM, JD, and DM are also all budget minded games from that era with lots of speed and flow. BSD and WH2O are also great options as the price creeps up.

HS2 is good, but I still say the original is better. The supercharger just bugs me that it isn't interactive. No Fear take that concept to a higher level with the flipper up there, which is much cooler.

#6 10 years ago

Just look at my small lineup. Besides WCS it's major speed and flow.

HS2 or JM would definitely fit the bill!

JM is the fastest game I've ever played. Some people complain about the glove slowing it down.....but that's almost a needed break the game is so fast. Plus there are ways to speed up the whole glove affair.

STTNG has great flow and decent speed. It is my favorite pin of all time so I would highly recommend it. It has a lot more depth than HS2 and a little more depth than JM. I don't think the prices will come down on it......only go higher. So I would say grab one soon if you can.

Right now if I had to choose between JM or HS2 leaving the collection, JM would stay. I plan on keeping both though.

#8 10 years ago

Early SS machine anyone? I've always had in the back of my mind I'd own Stern's Seawitch, looks like it might play fast but no idea, never played it. Not even sure how rare the game is and if I'd be able to find one.

#10 10 years ago

What's the price range? My recos from low to high:

DemoMan
HS2
Shadow
STTNG

#11 10 years ago

Another vote for hs2, but I would add TAF to the list as it also has great flow and on a relative basis is still reasonably priced in the 4k range. There's also bsd, but I am less familiar with it.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

HS2 is good, but I still say the original is better. The supercharger just bugs me that it isn't interactive. No Fear take that concept to a higher level with the flipper up there, which is much cooler.

Just what i was thinking.

#13 10 years ago

HS, HS2, or T2 are all machines that come to my mind when I think affordable speed and flow.

But if you're looking at an early SS...I have an early SS - a Stern Stars - that I'm actually looking to sell. It's really fast (waxed and ramped up), has good flow (as much as a table of its simplicity can have), and surprisingly satisfying play. The basic goal is to "power up" the spinner shots through a variety of target shots.

And ya know...I've always wanted a Pin*Bot....

#16 10 years ago

No Fear or NASCAR has great flow and priced right...

#17 10 years ago

I am all aboard HS2 and also love SM for speed and flow.

#18 10 years ago

No Fear and Johnny Mnemonic.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Early SS machine anyone? I've always had in the back of my mind I'd own Stern's Seawitch, looks like it might play fast but no idea, never played it. Not even sure how rare the game is and if I'd be able to find one.

I find sorcerer to be pretty fast if you want to jump into a system 9.
Throw a clearcoat on the field and its like greased lightening.

#20 10 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic gets my vote

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens
Backbox

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speed-and-flow-lineup-for-small-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.