New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 65971)

Spectrum Owners Club Fans Also Welcome

By Hellfire

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by mjalexan
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200927_182024 (resized).jpg
20200927_182006 (resized).jpg
20200927_182017 (resized).jpg
20200927_182101 (resized).jpg
Bally_Spectrum_Manual-p4a (resized).jpg
20171106_175806 (resized).jpg
20171106_175919 (resized).jpg
100_0961 (resized).JPG
sp2 (resized).jpg
sp3 (resized).jpg
sp1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2768_(resized).JPG
1.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 months ago

Thanks for your reply
that's a hell of a good work you've done there! it will sure help me on my journey to get it fully working.

For me the hardest part is now to find a scan of the backglass in order to make a nice repro out of it.

Best regards,

1 month later
#52 3 months ago

Hey, team Spectrum!

Question for you: when the solution to the secret code involves three or four of the same color, the computer voice will call it out.

“You solved the secret code! Three... red.”
“Spectrummmm! Four... blue.”

Why? Is there some significance to this?

#53 3 months ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Hey, team Spectrum!
Question for you: when the solution to the secret code involves three or four of the same color, the computer voice will call it out.
Why? Is there some significance to this?

Some combinations - if I remember correctly: 3 yellows or 3 reds - will give an additional award: 25,000 or 50,000 points. I don't recall any special award for 3 blue / green.

#54 3 months ago

I'm not sure but there looks like a bonus reference in the manual. But only red? That unfortunate.

Bally_Spectrum_Manual-p4a (resized).jpg
#55 3 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Some combinations - if I remember correctly: 3 yellows or 3 reds - will give an additional award: 25,000 or 50,000 points. I don't recall any special award for 3 blue / green.

Quoted from OTTOgd:

I'm not sure but there looks like a bonus reference in the manual. But only red? That unfortunate.
[quoted image]

Well that's pretty cool. Now that I think of it, I've never had a code with four yellow or four green.
It's a weird random way to get points, but then the points don't really matter in Spectrum, do they?

#56 3 months ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Well that's pretty cool. Now that I think of it, I've never had a code with four yellow or four green.
It's a weird random way to get points, but then the points don't really matter in Spectrum, do they?

Points? ... Huh?? ... POINTS?!?

"Spectrum. Challenge Me! Guess My Secret Code!"

1 month later
#57 57 days ago

In case anyone is curious, the game doesn’t say “You are a Super Star player!” When you get your 2nd Super Star.

1 month later
#58 21 days ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Unless your game gets confused (as mine currently does) and releases two balls occasionally, in which case it's a multiball game.

Todd mentions that at 3:30.

Did you get yours figured out? I would have to believe you have a stuck switch, which should show in the switch test.

However, I played one a lot near me and I just don't recall it ever giving a multiball.
I'm currently working on a Spectrum that gives a multiball when sometimes the bottom 2 blue targets are knocked down. I already changed all the capacitors on the switches throughout the whole game. All the switch inputs on the MPU measure around 1.2k ohms, so I don't see the MPU as the issue here.

Any other ideas?

#59 21 days ago

My Spectrum gets confused once in a while and gives me multi ball, I think it's a fun mistake. It sorts itself out in a few seconds, and you dont lose a ball. So what the hell. It an amazing game.

20200927_182006 (resized).jpg20200927_182017 (resized).jpg20200927_182024 (resized).jpg20200927_182101 (resized).jpg
#60 20 days ago

Has anyone ordered the Mirco playfield for Spectrum? I have inquired about the meaning of their statement, "original diamond shape inserts," but have not heard back nor seen any description of that. Are they referring to a diamond-shaped pattern molded into the underside of the inserts to disperse the light evenly?

I have been on CPR's Spectrum wish list for quite a while, but I cannot imagine they would do this title now. But, happy that it is available! Mine has a heavily touched-up playfield, but a perfect BG. Just fired it up again, but I may now have a power supply issue. Time for some investigation.

Matt

#61 17 days ago
Quoted from 500VDC:

Has anyone ordered the Mirco playfield for Spectrum? I have inquired about the meaning of their statement, "original diamond shape inserts," but have not heard back nor seen any description of that. Are they referring to a diamond-shaped pattern molded into the underside of the inserts to disperse the light evenly?
I have been on CPR's Spectrum wish list for quite a while, but I cannot imagine they would do this title now. But, happy that it is available! Mine has a heavily touched-up playfield, but a perfect BG. Just fired it up again, but I may now have a power supply issue. Time for some investigation.
Matt

I provided the sample to Mirco and received the new repro. I think the line about diamond inserts is a copy/paste issue from another pf. That line is on several pf descriptions. None of the inserts are jeweled.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 17.00
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.00
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside