9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mb51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I got my first Spectrum in 2001 I think it was, got it for FREE in a bulk deal for everything pinball that the guy had. Long story short my jaw about dropped to the floor when I seen it since I knew the story behind it from watching Herb Silvers California Extreme VHS tape so many times. LOL.
It had been in storage for the previous five years in a lean to shelter just inside from the outside elements....hard to believe it actually worked when I got it home. I searched for like 12 years for a NOS playfield, or even one I could have Kruzman touch up and clear but no luck. Then this past Expo I was talking to someone that I was selling a game to and he said he was gonna have one for sale soon with a HSA restored playfield, NOS glass, Alltek boards and new plastics. I said, "how much for the package like it sits" (figured the sooner I get it all into my hands the better) and he shot me a price and I said SOLD !! Only had to drive eight hours there and eight hours back in a blizzard to get it....but we'll worth it. Time to upgrade. Sold my original game off to another Spectrum lover here in Michigan and the rest is history.....except I still need to do the playfield/plastics/shop job on this game but when its done it will be a thing of beauty. This one will never leave, unless the sound board doesn't get fixed and returned....ahhh......hopefully someday that will happen too. It all just takes time but rare and unique games like Spectrum deserve much more then a passing by. If you get the chance to spend some quality time on one you'll be doing yourself a favor. Trust me.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I'm the aforementioned Spectrum lover from above. I played my first one at Expo a few years back and had to have one, but they are hard to come by here in MI. I have shined this one up a bit and it is running like a champ. I am actually going to take it to the Pinball Pyramid Event/Show here at the Pyramid Scheme Bar in Grand Rapids, MI, for everyone to play and enjoy. No, it is not for sale.

Come down and play!
Mb

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.50
Cabinet - Decals
J and D Arcade

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mb51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spectrum%e2%80%a6any-love-for-this-game?tu=Mb51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.