(Topic ID: 305535)

Specs for Bally coin door test switch?

By EvanDickson

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211207_135336975 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I have a dead coin door manual test switch in an early Bally.

They're not in the manual, anyone know the current / voltage spec do I can order off digikey?

IMG_20211207_135336975 (resized).jpgIMG_20211207_135336975 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

It's providing a ground at very low voltage and current so any low voltage one will work. Radio shack used to sell an exact replacement but doubt the online store still has it.
    Pack of five 275-1575 iirc but it's been twenty two years since I worked there so ymmv

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

It's providing a ground at very low voltage and current so any low voltage one will work. Radio shack used to sell an exact replacement but doubt the online store still has it.
    Pack of five 275-1575 iirc but it's been twenty two years since I worked there so ymmv

I think that answers my question thanks! Digikey has 110V / 1A ones, and 5V/0.15A ones, which look identical to the original. Sounds like the low power ones are ok, and I can place my order.

Radio Shack died in Canada a decade ago. They're still sort of around under the name "The Source", but they're reduced to phone kiosks with a handful of obsolete home electronics and discount as-seen-on-tv type junk.

#4 2 years ago

I have a spare if you don't mind paying the shipping from US Shoot me a message.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

I have a spare if you don't mind paying the shipping from US Shoot me a message.

I've already placed an order with digikey for one, plus spares. But thank you for the offer!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specs-for-bally-coin-door-test-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.