Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by grantopia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

A couple of hundred dollars difference is usually not a big deal when the transactions involve machies valued at $3000 or more, but is a big deal at an $800 or $1000 machine.

I also don't build negotiating room unto my prices. I sell them at a reasonable fair price, take it or leave it. I also pay seller price without question. All my transactions take around 2 weeks at the absolute most to buy or sell.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

This! I have sold 18 pinball machines. Imagine if I lost $200 on each one. $3600 down the drain...

But - do expect to lose sometimes, that's the price of entertainment from an amusement machine. Compared to other forms of entertainment, it's pretty reasonable. Concert, movie and ball game tickets, 100% loss. I've bought VCR tapes, video games, DVDs, CDs, Blu-Ray. The players and many consoles are nearly worthless when you are done with them, and the media is a struggle to sell for 2 bucks apiece at a flea market. Pool tables take a hit, swimming pools cost constantly in maintenance. Almost any form of entertainment costs some money that is never recouped.

I look at it this way: How much do you play your games before you sell them? If you've played them 800 plays before you lost $200 at the time of sale, then you got about the same $.25 per play you would have gotten in the 1980s out on location. The fact that we CAN break even on the initial cost of a pin - or even make a profit on occasion is a huge bonus in this hobby. On some machines you'll play for free while you own them, but sometimes when it completes the deal and you make another pinhead happy a small monetary loss is totally worthwhile. I've made a few smiles, and I know the feeling of elation when I get a hold of a pin I've been looking for.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specificity-of-pinball-pricing-?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.