Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by grantopia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverBallz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ns2973:

As a guy that's been in the car biz my whole life it also perplexes me.
    Why would I pay 8500 for a used dialed in when new is 9k. Yet pinball machines seem never to depreciate somehow

These days, i’d rather have a HUO over nib. Get a discount, pick up so no shipping and make sure the bugs are worked out.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

This post is not intended to complain about pinball prices or speculate which direction they will go. Pay to play, supply and demand, market sets pricing -- I get all that.
    Instead what has fascinated me is the specific numbers/pricing that pinball machines will sell for.
    I have a lot of exposure/experience in buying selling "stuff" over the years; mostly in the automotive and agricultural/construction equipment fields. More often than not in those areas negotiations occur between the seller and buyer and an item is sold for a price somewhere between what the seller is asking and what the buyer initially offers. The end number can often vary by hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars from asking price. There always seems to be some wiggle room.
    I imagine the same negotiations occur in the pinball world, but what has impressed me is how small the window of negotiation can be. I've had a couple situations where $50 meant the difference between coming home with a machine vs. nothing. This is not a complaint on my end, more of an observation of sorts and I will admit it has taken some time to get accustomed to. One really has to know the value of not only a pinball machine but also the value that a specific theme, manufacturer, etc. brings to that machine. I suppose it gets more confusing as some games have a value of hundreds of dollars while others have values of thousands of dollars.
    At the end of the day its not a big deal, just a point of curiosity for me. A pinball machine is not a car, tractor, or other large piece of equipment so proportionally I can understand there is a difference. I'm probably overthinking it, but anyone else have similar observations?

Why would you ever waste your time seeing a machine you want and walk away over $50?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I've done it on principle, If we have an agreed upon price do not try to gig me for more once I show up.

While I don’t agree with it over $50, I do understand. It sucks but i think I’d just pay it and post on pinside about the asshole seller.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverBallz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specificity-of-pinball-pricing-?tu=SilverBallz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.