Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Badamack
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getanotherhobby (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I may not have the desire to do complete restorations anymore but I'd be willing to offer up any specific portion of a restoration someone may not have the tools or the talent to do.

My first thought was riveting. I've got everything needed.

You bought a new ramp and need everything cleaned and transferred from the old to the new?

Got a bunch of whatever, you need cleaned and polished?

Maybe you want all your coil assemblies cleaned and rebuilt?

No idea about pricing, although riveting would just be so much per rivet. You would, of course, ship the parts to me and pay for return shipping. Let me know what you need done and we can work something out.

Anyone have any other ideas?

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I may not have the desire to do complete restorations anymore but I'd be willing to offer up any specific portion of a restoration someone may not have the tools or the talent to do.
    My first thought was riveting. I've got everything needed.
    You bought a new ramp and need everything cleaned and transferred from the old to the new?
    Got a bunch of whatever, you need cleaned and polished?
    Maybe you want all your coil assemblies cleaned and rebuilt?
    No idea about pricing, although riveting would just be so much per rivet. You would, of course, ship the parts to me and pay for return shipping. Let me know what you need done and we can work something out.

I've been nervous about riveting my Time Machine ramp, might take you up on that offer.

#3 5 years ago
    getanotherhobby (resized).jpggetanotherhobby (resized).jpg
    #4 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I've been nervous about riveting my Time Machine ramp, might take you up on that offer.

I'm sure we could work something out. For rivets, I'm thinking $5 per rivet. I would expect parts to be clean when I receive them. I will not send them back dirty. If I have to clean things, it would be an extra charge. Not saying you would do this. I'm just thinking out loud.

#5 5 years ago

I think that’s a great idea. What about t nutting and preparing a playfield for a swap - you could make sure the post holes are the right size and don’t have clear that could crack. If you could find a decent way to ship, you could install pop bumper nails, etc as an extra service.

#6 5 years ago

HillBilly Jim took up gardening??

#7 5 years ago

Flame polishing/etc old ramps that aren't remade?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

How about a apron restore?

#9 5 years ago

I’ve wanted someone to send a few coin doors off to for restore (pinball and arcade ones...)

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

I think that’s a great idea. What about t nutting and preparing a playfield for a swap - you could make sure the post holes are the right size and don’t have clear that could crack. If you could find a decent way to ship, you could install pop bumper nails, etc as an extra service.

Playfields are too different. Too many variables as to what goes in what holes. I could certainly do a playfield swap, if that's what someone wanted.

Quoted from zacaj:

Flame polishing/etc old ramps that aren't remade?

That could be done. Just don't send me one with a wear groove halfway through the ramp and expect it to come out.

Quoted from GRUMPY:

How about a apron restore?

Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I’ve wanted someone to send a few coin doors off to for restore (pinball and arcade ones...)

Hate to say it but I've no longer got anywhere to do painting, otherwise I could.

#11 5 years ago

Any other ideas?

#12 5 years ago

All mine involve painting.

#13 5 years ago

I like the riveting idea.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

I like the riveting idea.

If you know how to cut that ramp flap steel to size, that would be a good way to add items to sell with the services

#15 5 years ago

This thread is riveting.

#16 5 years ago

Polishing SS ball guides to a mirror finish? Ala Pinball Mike D on his MB restore.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

This thread is riveting.

Don't you have a copy machine somewhere to fix?

#18 5 years ago

Not sure if you would want the work but there are probably a good number of mechanical assemblies you could offer to restore. From drop target banks to gum ball machines and clocks.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Polishing SS ball guides to a mirror finish? Ala Pinball Mike D on his MB restore.

I could easily regrain ball guides. Not sure if anyone would want to pay me for the time it would take to get a mirror finish.

Quoted from rufessor:

Not sure if you would want the work but there are probably a good number of mechanical assemblies you could offer to restore. From drop target banks to gum ball machines and clocks.

That's kind of what I was thinking when I mentioned rebuilding coil assemblies. Shipping would be expensive because of the weight, but you could send me your shit and I'd send it back looking like new.

Not really into gumball machines or clocks. I've got no experience with them.

#20 5 years ago

If you need things tumbled, I can tumble most anything.

Need your wiring harnesses cleaned? I can do that too.

Want your coils cleaned? Most don't know what a clean coil looks like until you've seen one that's been through the ultrasonic cleaner. You'd have to replace your wrappers, though.

#21 5 years ago

Haha.... I was referring to TZ!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not really into gumball machines or clocks. I've got no experience with them.

#22 5 years ago

I do however have an old wind up clock thats not working so keep us posted

#23 5 years ago

I have an IJ I stripped to have the playfield-clearcoated 2 years ago. All the parts are just sitting in a big bucket waiting for me to attempt to put them back on the playfield.... How much to re-assemble the playfield, top and bottom?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Haha.... I was referring to TZ!

LOL. I could rebuild those all day.

Quoted from Fytr:

I have an IJ I stripped to have the playfield-clearcoated 2 years ago. All the parts are just sitting in a big bucket waiting for me to attempt to put them back on the playfield.... How much to re-assemble the playfield, top and bottom?

Piece of cake. Getting it to me and returning it is a different matter.

5 months later
    #25 5 years ago

Screen print a warning on my backbox?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specific-restoration-services-possibly-offered?hl=badamack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.