• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by megalo17
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I am David , im live in Cold Lake, Alberta , Canada and I just got my first Pinball last week a Lethal Weapon 3 table by Data East, I wanted that particular table because It was the table that I played the most when I was a teen and I had a blast everytime I played it

As I was testing my table I took the glass off and tried every ramp by sliding the ball with my hands testing out every event possible with the table. I was also testing my left outbound lane switch called The karate kick sometime switch would not activate when the ball was passing thru. After testing it dosen of times I realised that the karate light always relight after I have used the karate kick event which is odd. According to the rules, its supossed to be lite back only after 2 subway orbit. Yet mine always lite after using the karate kick.

After lifting the playfield and playing with the switch linkage I tucked back the playfield in and I tested the karate kick again and now the switch was working perfectly and THIS TIME, the karate kick light did not relight, it behave normaly i needed to orbit the ball in the subway ramp like the rules manual says in order to relite it to reactivate the "karate Kick". I must of tried it 20 times, because I could not understand why it's now behaving normaly and not before.

And now this week I was working on my flippers, so I lifted the playfield again and on my next games I noticed that my karate kick light event is now back to that ODD behavior of always relite after the karate kick is used.

Is anyone that has a LW3 Pinball had this issue, its not a big deal but I could not find another one that had that same exact thing happened to them.

I will recheck tomorrow if there is something loose around my karate light bulb socket and switch. It seems that each time the karate coil is activated it send the "signal event" to relight that light.

What do you guys think?

#2 9 years ago

I have worked on my PF today as I restarted the game the Karate light would not work, so I turn if off wiggle the light socket and now its working and it Behave normally like the rules... So I think i am gonna change that light socket....

2 months later
#3 9 years ago

My karate kick light stays on for about 10 seconds after every kick, before it goes out. It seems by design, in case the bomb drops sends
it right back. Mine is starting tho misfire though. Pretty frustrating during play!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specific-questionissue-for-data-east-lw3-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.