(Topic ID: 176827)

SpecialPinball - my workshop and more....

By specialpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cnc-02 (resized).jpg
    Drum-Sander (resized).jpg
    injmou (resized).jpg
    IMG_8011 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7921 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8008 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8010 (resized).JPG
    agfa-25 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hello guys!

My name is George from specialpinball. You are allways welcome here, and today i will show you something more about my workshop and my future projects.

I noticed that many guys are interested about my work in the past and also today. In the past three years it was pretty silent, it had his reasons. I needed this break to learn more new technologies, and also i constructed some new machines for my workshop. Other pinball guys looking for new games, but i´m not the gamer & collector, i wanna to create and build new games. Every pinball which i create has not much common to a classic game, my creations are pinball & artwork. I know it´s not everyone´s taste, but i know that there is a great community which enjoys my projects.

#2 7 years ago

Here we go, starting a small trip around my workshop. More than 25 years i´m specialized in graphics, all around design and printing. For this job there is a complete set of software from corel, adobe, freehand and more. From the first scratch and vector graphics this will go to the prepress, and for this job i have two different image setters here. One agfa accuset 1000 and one agfa avantra 25, which will expose my graphics to a film. This exposed films were developed with chemicals to expose in the next step the printing plates or the screens.

agfa-25 (resized).jpgagfa-25 (resized).jpg

IMG_8010 (resized).JPGIMG_8010 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

For all printing solutions i have a four station pad printing machine, which allows me to print on every surface. If there are straight and smooth surfaces, it will be done here on a screen printing machine. My old machine has gone to the junk now, but a new machine is under construction and will be finished in spring 2017. The screen printing machine is perfect for printing playfields it´s also today the best solution and the quality is much more higher than a digital print.

IMG_8008 (resized).JPGIMG_8008 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

Nearly finished in my second workshop is now a vertical cutting saw, which allows me to get perfect cuttings. With the exactly dimensions from my acad construction files it´s now easy to work. More about this machine will be shown in my next new project, the Addams Family II.

IMG_7921 (resized).JPGIMG_7921 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

For all milling work i have an old machine, around 50 years old, and i´m the second owner of this very old Deckel universal copy milling machine. With this old machine i made so much parts, it can do everything you can imagine. I have the complete set of equipment, it´s possible to copy mill smaller or larger, to mill mirror image and much much more. A machine which made all before we got the cad/cam technology. I don´t wanna miss this machine also today!

IMG_8011 (resized).JPGIMG_8011 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

Also in stock i have an older plastic injection mould machine If there is the time when i need a lot of brandnew playfield inserts, this machine will be fired up to produce the needed items.......

injmou (resized).jpginjmou (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Very cool. I look forward to seeing more.

#8 7 years ago

A brandnew machine i have since autumn 2016, this is a vertical drum sander for playfields. This machine allows me, sanding down a complete playfield with inserts to a smooth surface in one step! The playfield will be fixed on the top of the drum and then pushed down, the drum is exactly adjustable. To get a perfect screen printing, there must be first a perfect smooth surface......

Drum-Sander (resized).jpgDrum-Sander (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

And last, but not least there is a complete self constructed large cnc router now in my workshop here. I used only high quality materials, and most of the parts like the aluminium parts were milled with my old conventional milling machine. The router has gotten now his second revision, has gotten a central dust vacuum which works very well. The PC which controls the router is now directly at the machine, complete mounted with a tft display in a large metal box. Finally i can say, it spent a lot of money, working 9 months at this project and it reduced the costs around 75% compared with a industrial machine.

cnc-02 (resized).jpgcnc-02 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Awesome setup!

#11 7 years ago

This was the little trip around my workshop, much more machines i have here, for eyery problem i have a solution. In 2017 there will be made a new and large spray etching machine to produce very high quality pcb boards. In combination of screen printing this job will be fast and easy.

For more additional informations about my machines and work watch my future projects, which will be posted here in 2017!

#12 7 years ago

What are you creating with all this awesome stuff? Reproduction? Mods?

#13 7 years ago

Wow cool workshop id never leave.

#14 7 years ago

Some really cool equipment for sure!

#15 7 years ago

Awesome machinery! That looks great to just have "on hand" at your building! :O

Quoted from specialpinball:

For all printing solutions i have a four station pad printing machine, which allows me to print on every surface. If there are straight and smooth surfaces, it will be done here on a screen printing machine. My old machine has gone to the junk now, but a new machine is under construction and will be finished in spring 2017. The screen printing machine is perfect for printing playfields it´s also today the best solution and the quality is much more higher than a digital print.

Makes you wonder who thought of the name "TamponColor".

#16 7 years ago

Hope to see some nice creations with those machines.
    Mike

#17 7 years ago

if you ever have time, video of the machines working would be nice

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from tezting:

What are you creating with all this awesome stuff? Reproduction? Mods?

I had in the past my own business, around 25 years. Producing prototype model parts like model cars or model railroads for the toys industry. All what you can see at the pics from my projects in the background were special prototype model cars which never you can get in any store worldwide. Before many years i closed my business, and all what´s done now with pinballs is my hobby and only for myself. Lot of guys asking me producing some special parts, but that´s another story about licenses and more. I don´t wanna get trouble with the owners of the pinball parts and license holders, and that´s the reason why i allways take a neutral position. If the pinball industry has any interest or inspiration to produce pinball parts, you must ask this guys directly. I hope you understand my reasons, why i take a neutral position, but i´m allways free talking with each license holder to give help & support.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

if you ever have time, video of the machines working would be nice

Yes, that´s right, because i´m thinking about a long time to make some nice videos on YouTube.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specialpinball-my-workshop-and-more?hl=pigeonfarmboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.