Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Beatnik-Filmstar
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MM-playfield-final (resized).jpg
MM-101 (resized).jpg
IMG_8096 (resized).jpg
MM-100 (resized).jpg
MM-98 (resized).jpg
MM-94 (resized).jpg
MM-93 (resized).jpg
MM-88 (resized).jpg
MM-86 (resized).jpg
MM-85 (resized).jpg
MM-83 (resized).jpg
MM-84 (resized).jpg
MM-80 (resized).jpg
MM-77 (resized).jpg
MM-73 (resized).jpg
MM-72 (resized).jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

Last step is now the painting. This is so much for the painting, that i decided to work from one section to the next section. First painting the roofs and then the joints between the stones in a very dark brown.

MM-93 (resized).jpg

#52 2 years ago

How much time passed between the work shown in your post 49 and 51?
It almost appears by your posts it was mere minutes!

#53 2 years ago

Putting in a real moat under or around the base? A nice floor level aquarium? Just an idea. Once you go that far might as well get a little nutz!!

I mentioned your machine on the AGDQ marathon I don't think many knew what the hell I was talking about. I wasn't sure what to call it MM2.0?

Oh btw simply amazing!! I Love it!!

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How much time passed between the work shown in your post 49 and 51?
It almost appears by your posts it was mere minutes!

It´s a long time ago when i made this cabinet, i guess it was made in 2012, but it reminds me that it worked around three months at the cabinet. The time which i needed between post 49 and 51 was "only" 1 hour, painting is much work but the workflow is pretty fast.

#55 2 years ago

The first section is done, painting all the stones in different colours.......

MM-94 (resized).jpg

#56 2 years ago

This looks great can't wait to see the finished product. Dumb question. Will you still be able to service the playfield? From the pics it looks like it would be difficult to rack it out. Also could this be broken down to move or is it staying with the house forever?

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from specialpinball:

And here is now the complete view from the timber work.....

How do you level it?

#58 2 years ago

Wait, if you finished this in 2012 why are you posting the pictures slowly over two plus weeks?

#59 2 years ago

In this game will be a complete new hingle sytem for the playfield which can be leveled. My other project will get a new level system for the complete cabinet.
I can´t posting all pics one one evening
Most of painting is done, only missing now the right side.......

MM-98 (resized).jpg

#60 2 years ago

Speechless! Your work is incredible. Cant wait to see the final product and what you have done for addams family.

#61 2 years ago

And here is the finished right view from the cabinet now......

MM-100 (resized).jpg

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Speechless! Your work is incredible. Cant wait to see the final product and what you have done for addams family.

Huh.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/26#3547783

#63 2 years ago

This Addams Family widebody game was made in 2008! The game is parted out, because all parts will be needed for the new TAF II game. The widebody playfield will be here at my home as a wall decoration, never for sale because it´s the only part which remains me about this great game.

IMG_8096 (resized).jpg

#64 2 years ago

i was wondering what happened to the Widebody addams one. So it never was finished?

#65 2 years ago

Wahoouuuuu very excellent and good idea

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i was wondering what happened to the Widebody addams one. So it never was finished?

The game was made within 9 months and was complete finished. I played this game very often, because it was important to check out the small mistakes which i made. It was wonderful to play this widebody game, compared to the normal game it made much more fun. Only the upper right flipper was placed to deep, and it made allways problems to hit the train wreck lane. The result about this mistakes is pretty simple, it wasn´t made with a CAD solution. I made all with free hand, only a small help were the graphic layouts. Today i can create all design with a cad solution, and this shows me perfectly all mistakes in a very early phase of the construction. Sometimes it needs only a few mm difference from a part, and the ballflow doesn´t work!

#67 2 years ago

The current state from the cabinet, it will be pushed forward in spring, milling the whitewood playfield.

MM-101 (resized).jpg

#68 2 years ago

The complete cad layout from the new MM widebody playfield, nothing will be changed, it´s finished. From this layout the new whitewood playfield will be milled on my cnc router in spring. Well known MM owners can see, that there are some modifications now. Stay tuned, this posting will be updated if something has been done.

MM-playfield-final (resized).jpg

#69 2 years ago

Ah ha ha. And I thought this was an impressive project when I thought it was just a cabinet modification.

But making your own widebody MM? This is insanely awesome. I mean even moreso.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toronto, ON
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside