MM-88 (resized).jpg
MM-86 (resized).jpg
MM-85 (resized).jpg
MM-83 (resized).jpg
MM-84 (resized).jpg
MM-80 (resized).jpg
MM-77 (resized).jpg
MM-73 (resized).jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Hello guys, welcome back to another topic from my workshop....

Some guys asking me, to show more about this project here at this location. The cabinet was made before some years, and it will be continued in 2017! Starting this topic now with a short summary about the cabinet wood work, and at least ( for first ) will be showed the complete cad construction from the playfield. This playfield has some special modifications, but more later. Also this game will get many 3D animations, like the WB II and TAF II game, which were also pushed forward in 2017. Enjoy my story and feel free to get some inspirations for your pinball project........

#2 7 years ago

Allright, there will be a short summary in the next few days. The cabinet is complete new made, all parts were made here in my workshop. For first a lot of wood boards were cutted out for the new construction.

MM-04 (resized).jpgMM-04 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

The main construction part, the cabinet is mounted, all other parts will be constructed around the new cabinet.

MM-06 (resized).jpgMM-06 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Looking forward to your progress...

I like the idea of the cabinet "skirt," which I am guessing will have nice artwork on it tying it together with the theme.

#5 7 years ago

Following...

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Looking forward to your progress...
I like the idea of the cabinet "skirt," which I am guessing will have nice artwork on it tying it together with the theme.

Yes, that´s true, it will get in a few weeks the missing artwork. It will be the same from the original game, also the playfield will be done in the same artwork. My playfield is not so deep, and that´s the reason why i made a complete new cad construction. And also the most parts which i need for this game will made new as prototype parts, the original parts have a very high price and i don´t wanna pay this high prices For example take a look to the price for the mounting bracket from the castle, only a small part of metal......

#7 7 years ago

The underframe is a very stable construction, which fits complete under the cabinet. It is so stable, that i can stand in the cabinet for my further work. On the next picture the cabinet is fixed on the underframe......

MM-16 (resized).jpgMM-16 (resized).jpg

MM-18 (resized).jpgMM-18 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

I'd recommend changing the small quarter-round material at the base of each leg to something taller, like a baseboard type of trim. That quarter-round is going to take a beating from shoes, vacuum cleaners, etc., and look bad quickly.

How are you handling pitch? Will you have levelers for the legs, no pitch due to a "fixed" playfield, or?

Looks awesome - I really love the idea!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I'd recommend changing the small quarter-round material at the base of each leg to something taller, like a baseboard type of trim. That quarter-round is going to take a beating from shoes, vacuum cleaners, etc., and look bad quickly.
How are you handling pitch? Will you have levelers for the legs, no pitch due to a "fixed" playfield, or?
Looks awesome - I really love the idea!

Well, thanks for your suggestions..... i will think about it in next time. Yes, and the pitch will be leveled with the playfield inside. Must look for a new hinges system, but that´s later.

To get a first impression about my ideas, i made some drafts with Corel. It´s a job for only a few minutes, but very helpful.

MM-19 (resized).jpgMM-19 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Drawing the complete draft now on the base and cabinet, all stones were freehand drawn. Then i started to engrave all stones, also freehand milling. It was my last project made in a conventional way, now it´s all switched over to a cad-cam solution.

MM-21 (resized).jpgMM-21 (resized).jpg

MM-22 (resized).jpgMM-22 (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

That is going to look really nice. And very different.

#12 7 years ago

I liked the first one

MM-95[1] (resized).jpgMM-95[1] (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

Now THAT is a topper!!

#14 7 years ago

Yeah, that´s a pic from my website..... but the complete cabinet will not be changed. In short time i show the right view from this game, never showed in the public, because it´s different to the left side.

The base is done, now engraving the stones on the cabinet. Cutted out from a thick sheet of plywood two MM logos, which will be milled in 3D. The stones from the edges will be made from a thin sheet of plywod, and that´s the result after many hours now.....

MM-32 (resized).jpgMM-32 (resized).jpg

MM-34 (resized).jpgMM-34 (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

Milling now the MM logo in 3D...... it´s some work but all is possible with this very old copy milling machine

MM-37 (resized).jpgMM-37 (resized).jpg

MM-38 (resized).jpgMM-38 (resized).jpg

#17 7 years ago

The complete milled logo is ready, must be sanded and then ready to fix it at the cabinet´s wall..... and there must be made another logo for the other wall......

MM-40 (resized).jpgMM-40 (resized).jpg

MM-41 (resized).jpgMM-41 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

Subbed

#20 7 years ago

Building up the backbox now, and this will be a very large backbox! I need this very large backbox now, because there will be placed a big tft display inside. This display allows me to create nearly 50% of space from the glass, to make many 3D animations. The backbox will get a very large topper now, first parts were mounted.

MM-46 (resized).jpgMM-46 (resized).jpg

MM-48 (resized).jpgMM-48 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

This is basically what I always imagined Santa's Workshop to be like.

Man... This is what the SUPER DUPER LE's should be that Stern and JJP are putting out. $20k for MMR CASTLE EDITION

#22 7 years ago

Fantastic!

#23 7 years ago

The current project which will starting soon, is much more great..... the Addams Family II. This project will get complete new designs which never were done in pinball. The TAF will be a game, never seen before....... i can promise, that this game will be unbelievable..... let´s make the TAF great again!!!

#24 7 years ago

I hope the base and head disassemble quickly and easily in case you ever need to move it.

#25 7 years ago

I hope that this game must never leave my home......

Made more parts of wood for the topper to build up a big castle now.......

MM-57 (resized).jpgMM-57 (resized).jpg

MM-55 (resized).jpgMM-55 (resized).jpg

#26 7 years ago

Do you have a way to change the playfield pitch--aside from putting something under the feet? Or is that essentially fixed?

#27 7 years ago

Yes, i have made a new construction for the playfield pitch, but i´m also working on a solution that it works also with the feet. Because the new TAF game must have feet pitch!

#28 7 years ago

Will the castle topper explode when you blow up the one in the pin? Nice work

#29 7 years ago

Nice work! Look forward to seeing it completed!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Will the castle topper explode when you blow up the one in the pin? Nice work

If you build me a new topper, we can let it explode

The front wall is movable, behind this door will be placed the pc controller. The main parts from the castle were ready now, but much more details will coming soon.

MM-62 (resized).jpgMM-62 (resized).jpg

MM-63 (resized).jpgMM-63 (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

So it's MM2K, not just MM2.

#32 7 years ago

folowing!!
hoping for a dragon hanging on one of the towers!!

#33 7 years ago

Hey buddy, that´s a good idea about the dragon..... it´s placed in my head and i think about it!

#34 7 years ago

It would be cool if when you destroy the castle in the game, different panels, doors, windows, etc. would pop open and reveal something like the princess, a dragon, a medieval soldier, etc.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

It would be cool if when you destroy the castle in the game, different panels, doors, windows, etc. would pop open and reveal something like the princess, a dragon, a medieval soldier, etc.

Or if you drop into the mote, the game splashes water on your face! lol

#36 7 years ago

My mind is allways open for suggestions, if it´s serious.....

The small brigde between the lower towers will be used for a closed transparent ball pipe. There will be a second mini-playfield above the tft display. More parts from the castle were fixed now......

MM-66 (resized).jpgMM-66 (resized).jpg

MM-67 (resized).jpgMM-67 (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago

Welcome back George, cant wait to see how amazing this turns out. Loved all your other creations

#38 7 years ago

Thanks so much..... in a few days you can see the complete cad drawing from the new playfield.....

Many new parts now on the right side from the backbox, and there is no end, also with the dirt, cabinet is full with waste at the end of this project

MM-69 (resized).jpgMM-69 (resized).jpg

MM-71 (resized).jpgMM-71 (resized).jpg

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Loved all your other creations

Is there a link or webpage where we can see these "other creations"?

#41 7 years ago

More details were done as you can see on the next two pictures....... and of course i have a website. But it´s currently not updated since two years, and the Ghostbusters project is dead. I replaced it with the Addams Family II project which will starting in a few weeks. All about my work you´ll find here with much more background informations.

MM-72 (resized).jpgMM-72 (resized).jpg

MM-73 (resized).jpgMM-73 (resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago

This project has so much details, engraving sheets of wood and fixing them, it makes no sense to explain this all. Take a look to the pictures and see the progress......

MM-77 (resized).jpgMM-77 (resized).jpg

MM-80 (resized).jpgMM-80 (resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago

Holy Craps this is such amazing work!! Glad I found this thread, going to have to add you to my following list for sure!

#45 7 years ago

So jealous of people with this much talent. I pat myself on the back after changing light bulbs and rings. This is beyond amazing!

#46 7 years ago

Yes, it´s an unbelievable work, because this detail work has no end...... one example is the right lower tower with his timber frame on each side......

MM-84 (resized).jpgMM-84 (resized).jpg

MM-83 (resized).jpgMM-83 (resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago

Most woodwork is done, fixing now four small towers at the left upper tower. This small towers were made from turned wood. Also lat work at the roofs, fixing the roof shingles.

MM-85 (resized).jpgMM-85 (resized).jpg

MM-86 (resized).jpgMM-86 (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago

Incredible work to say the least.

#49 7 years ago

And here is now the complete view from the timber work.....

MM-88 (resized).jpgMM-88 (resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago

Holy smokes..... Looks really nice. Not something I would do but defiantly cool. Will the castle have any blindspots or effect line of sight during game play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specialpinball-medieval-madness-ii-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.