IMG_8093 (resized).JPG
IMG_8092 (resized).JPG
IMG_8088 (resized).JPG
IMG_8077 (resized).JPG
IMG_8076 (resized).JPG
IMG_8072 (resized).JPG
IMG_8053 (resized).JPG
IMG_8052 (resized).JPG
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

Thanks, also a happy new year to you and all the other members here!

Playfield is moved now into the cabinet, and i got today the first complete view, it´s awesome!!!!! It´s the final result which was in my head before two months, when i started the project. Now i´m in the finish line, some mods must be done like coindoor & apron, but nothing serious. Today i started with the wiring harness, it´s a patient job which needs some time, but i like this work......

IMG_8030 (resized).JPGIMG_8030 (resized).JPG

#102 7 years ago

Hey guys, take a look to this beautiful wired Indiana Jones playfield...... i needed 3 days, but this is the result which is a minimum for this great game.....

IMG_8031 (resized).JPGIMG_8031 (resized).JPG

#103 7 years ago

A first impression from my game, playfield inside now. It was a long trip and a big risk, but now i can see the final result - that all match up together. The black plastic profile from the dmd display unit is now also modified and has gotten the same colour from the complete cabinet. Some guys gave me the suggestion, to change the colour and that was finally awesome...... because sometimes i loose the overview and can´t see this small details.......

IMG_8033 (resized).JPGIMG_8033 (resized).JPG

IMG_8034 (resized).JPGIMG_8034 (resized).JPG

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from specialpinball:

was in my head before two months

It is amazing that it has only taken you two months to go from concept to this.

#105 7 years ago

Well, if there is time enough and there is my concept, it´s possible to create such a great game within 12 weeks...... I have many other fantastic designs in my head, in this moment i prefer a great game like Hobbit or Lord of the Rings. Perhaps once a day there is the chance to realize such a gorgeous game as a pinball prototype!

Here is now the complete view from the game......

IMG_8035 (resized).JPGIMG_8035 (resized).JPG

#106 7 years ago

Priceless, it belongs in a museum.

#107 7 years ago

I assume, if the game is finished, it will leave my home..... perhaps in a museum?!

#108 7 years ago

It has been a pleasure watching the updates. Bravo! Beyond belief!

#109 7 years ago

Holy moly, this project takes no end...... because i get new ideas..... allright, short update now, design from the apron..... figouring out what would be for best. I enjoy it, now it´s easy to place the illustrations, modify it and can´t find an end now....

IMG_8046 (resized).JPGIMG_8046 (resized).JPG

#110 7 years ago

Wow that's awesome!

#111 7 years ago

Graphics were done now and prepared for my very old Roland SignMaker, a cutting plotter which works very well after 20 years. The complete illustration for the apron is cutted out, also the Indy letters. Now removing all the leaves which will be airbrushed in green. Tomorrow the complete apron can be airbrushed and clearcoated and will be ready placing inside on the playfield.

IMG_8048 (resized).JPGIMG_8048 (resized).JPG

IMG_8049 (resized).JPGIMG_8049 (resized).JPG

#112 7 years ago

I guess every job is easy with the right tools!

#113 7 years ago

This is insane! Great job!

#114 7 years ago

This is amazing

#115 7 years ago

Using now application tape to apply the cutted foil on the apron. Airbrushed now all leaves in green, and after 10 minutes i get the first result. Now applying the next foil for the Indy letters and then placed the apron on the playfield. Last step is now the clearcoating, this will be done together with the coindoor.

IMG_8051 (resized).JPGIMG_8051 (resized).JPG

IMG_8052 (resized).JPGIMG_8052 (resized).JPG

IMG_8053 (resized).JPGIMG_8053 (resized).JPG

#116 7 years ago

Did you attend Hogwarts School for Pinball Magic? This stuff is incredible!

#117 7 years ago

Wait for my next great project, this here was only a warm-up project. I made a long break with pinballs since 2014, but i learned much more in this time to make my work better & better. Good tools and machines are necessary and helpful

#118 7 years ago

That apron looks great...Congo-esque.

If you want to turn any of my games into a project for practice I'll ship them over...just a thought

#119 7 years ago

Using now application tape to apply the cutted foil on the apron. Airbrushed now all leaves in green, and after 10 minutes i get the first result. Now applying the next foil for the Indy letters and then placed the apron on the playfield. Last step is now the clearcoating, this will be done together with the coindoor.

The apron is gorgeous. With all of that work, did you ever think of cutting out the instruction card spaces so you could flush mount some clear lexan? A custom card could be printed so that it could be backlit with a simple led strip. It would seem to go with the over-the-top treatment you are giving this game.

Nice to see creative new visions on existing games.

#120 7 years ago

Much thanks for your wonderful replies, i appreciate it !!!

My head is full with ideas, also the suggestion about the illuminated apron. Normally i want to built up a complete new playfield for this IJ game, with a big elephant inside. The elephant from the well-known "Pinball Circus" from Midway......

#121 7 years ago

Coindoor is painted now with a very thin liner brush and ready for the clearcoating.

IMG_8072 (resized).JPGIMG_8072 (resized).JPG

#122 7 years ago

Only some small repairs must be done now, not much trouble. A plastic must be replaced, it´s not the original and it is broken. Don´t search for a replacement part now, this can be manufactured here in a very short time. First cutting out a new part from a sheet of Makrolon......

IMG_8076 (resized).JPGIMG_8076 (resized).JPG

IMG_8077 (resized).JPGIMG_8077 (resized).JPG

#123 7 years ago

The coindoor is ready now and fixed into the cabinet........

IMG_8088 (resized).JPGIMG_8088 (resized).JPG

#124 7 years ago

And also the new plastic is made, not with the original design, it´s tiny little bit modified and placed on his location. The flipper fingers have gotten printings on the top with green leaves, but that´s not all. Today i got a new idea and inspiration, there will be made now another fantastic mod, more about this tomorrow

IMG_8092 (resized).JPGIMG_8092 (resized).JPG

IMG_8093 (resized).JPGIMG_8093 (resized).JPG

#125 7 years ago

Allright guys, now the last two steps must be done to finish the game. First i turn a long shaft for the flipper buttons, the first shaft is done and it works well. The last step is now a new mod for the playfield, for the area from the upper wire ramps. More coming soon in some days!

IMG_8094 (resized).JPGIMG_8094 (resized).JPG

#126 7 years ago

Amazing. Would you make/sell aprons for others?

#127 7 years ago

I´m sorry about creating, producing or modding pinball parts. I had allways a neutral position and this will be also for the future. It´s something for the pinball industry or for business guys which working togheter with the license holders. My work should be only an inspiration for other guys, to create this parts or asking this guys which really can help. This what i show here on Pinside and other locations is only my hobby and nothing more. I like to share my work and i want a good communication with all guys from the pinball scene. I hope you understand my reasons and you will find your solution to get a very special apron for your pinball game.

#128 7 years ago

Somehow I had missed this thread until now. Amazing work, and thank you for sharing your process!

#129 7 years ago

Well, that´s the last modification now for the upper area from the wire ramps. In some days the game will be fired up and then i show the final pictures. The game will be offered for sale or change in the next few weeks here in europe. Thanks guys being here and watching my IJ project, which made a lot of fun!

IMG_8097 (resized).JPGIMG_8097 (resized).JPG

#130 7 years ago

Amazing job! Can't wait to see the final product.

#131 7 years ago

The coindoor is ready now and fixed into the cabinet........

I hope you remembered to add the head piece to the staff of Ra to the back of your coin door too. If not your game will be one kadam off and it won't fit.

#132 7 years ago

Game is finished now and 100% working without any mistakes. The last mods were fixed in the upper area at the wire ramps, also mounted an outsourced battery holder, and many other tiny liitle bit things. I´m very pleasued about the final result, and the game is much more better as i expected it at the beginning, drawing the first cad construction. A very unique and special game now......

I hope you enjoyed my posting here about my new IJ game, and it would be nice to see you again on my other projects in future!

IMG_8102 (resized).JPGIMG_8102 (resized).JPG

IMG_8106 (resized).JPGIMG_8106 (resized).JPG

IMG_8113 (resized).JPGIMG_8113 (resized).JPG

IMG_8114 (resized).JPGIMG_8114 (resized).JPG

IMG_8115 (resized).JPGIMG_8115 (resized).JPG

IMG_8116 (resized).JPGIMG_8116 (resized).JPG

#133 7 years ago

Bravo, Bravo! Encore!

Very nice work. This is one of those games that deserves special treatment like this. Hopefully this machine is something you can hang on to and pass down for generations to come due to how much original work, creativity and imagination went into it.

Whenever convenient for you, I'd love to see a video tour!

#134 7 years ago

I don't know how I missed this thread up until now, but this is by FAR, the best looking pinball machine I've ever seen! I couldn't imagine tying in a theme any better than this. My hat is off to you, good sir!

#135 7 years ago

Incredible!

Even though it's "finished" you should add an LED ColorDMD and a Pinsound to be 110%

#136 7 years ago

WOW! Fantastic work SpecialPinball!!

#137 7 years ago

Top man status... granted.

#139 7 years ago

What a work of art. Well done sir, well done.

1 month later
#140 7 years ago

Amazing!

That's got to be a mother to nudge.

#141 7 years ago

You need a leather whip to hang on the gun handle to finish it off.

#142 7 years ago

Absolutely incredible.

That being said - I hope you never have to move that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 1,419.00
$ 85.00
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specialpinball-indiana-jones-re-design-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.