IMG_8093 (resized).JPG
IMG_8092 (resized).JPG
IMG_8088 (resized).JPG
IMG_8077 (resized).JPG
IMG_8076 (resized).JPG
IMG_8072 (resized).JPG
IMG_8053 (resized).JPG
IMG_8052 (resized).JPG
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Hello guys!

Certainly glad to join us today...... in a few weeks i´m starting a short pinball modding project. The Indiana Jones game will get a new created wood chassis artwork within a couple of moddings. Inside of this old classic game will all stay into his original condition. All construction cad drawings were done, at end of march the story will be shown here at this topic.

IJ-design_(resized).jpgIJ-design_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

This is really slick. Have you seen the custom Indiana Jones at Disney Land? It is kind of similar.
http://www.micsaund.com/games/IJ/IJ_PicGal/disney_ij.jpg

#3 8 years ago

There was another guy that did something very similar to a MM. Im sure someone will link that as well. Looks like an ambitious project, good luck on the project.

8 months later
#4 7 years ago

Hello guys!

Before some weeks i started my new IJ project here at my workshop. I´m sorry, that it started now after a long period of time - because it was announced in spring of this year. Much work here, building up some special machines like a drum sander, a vertical wood cutting machine and much more. Also i´m working to create a lot of new 3D animations for my WB project and much more......

But now this topic will get a daily update, because the game is in a great shape and awesome condition now, with some brandnew features, i assume that it was never made before.

For first there will be used a new made cabinet, which was a part of another game, but this cabinet is used now for the IJ game. Cutting out the parts from thick plywood, made from the acad construction drawings.

Stay tuned, more is coming now every day, this project will be finished before x-mas time!

IMG_7926 (resized).JPGIMG_7926 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

The first cutted wood parts, which will be mounted now under the cabinet.........

IMG_7927 (resized).JPGIMG_7927 (resized).JPG

Yes, i know about this IJ game from Disney Land, but mine will be complete different.

#6 7 years ago

The first mounted parts under the cabinet.......

IMG_7928 (resized).JPGIMG_7928 (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

The four pillars were done, they have gotten at the top & at the bottom plates of turned wood. Also the front and back outside wall is fixed now.

IMG_7929 (resized).JPGIMG_7929 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

Looks like you may need to start another thread on that MM cabinet...

#9 7 years ago

This thread about the MM cabinet was made before some years at another location

...... and will be continued in 2017.

#10 7 years ago

The left & right wall is cutted out and only temporary fixed. Several worksteps must be done, like milling the letters on my cnc router.

IMG_7936 (resized).JPGIMG_7936 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago

The view from the left side. Now there must be cuttings for the illuminated letters. The backbox will be complete integrated with the cabinet.

IMG_7941 (resized).JPGIMG_7941 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago

On both sides the cuttings were done. In a couple of weeks there will be inside a yellow-red plastic with LED illumination!

IMG_7942 (resized).JPGIMG_7942 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

Engraving now both sideboards, with the complete world map. That´s pretty much work, and i needed around three days. There is not much place inside, not a good job for my old bones......

IMG_7944 (resized).JPGIMG_7944 (resized).JPG

#14 7 years ago

Oh man this looks like it's going to be amazing when finished!

#15 7 years ago

Thanks for your feeback, and indeed, it´s looking amazing. I started this project before some weeks, meanwhile i´m fixing all stones around...... each stone cutting, sanding and fixing with glue, tremendous work, but the result will be shown here in a couple of days...... game should be finished before x-mas.

#16 7 years ago

This machine is going to be awsome....

It looks like you have another modified pinball cabinet....care to share pics of that too?....looks great

#17 7 years ago

Great idea and great work! Looking forward to seeing more and you progress.

#18 7 years ago

Wow. I just noticed this thread. Can't wait to see it all come together. Keep up the good work.

#19 7 years ago

Hey guys, allways great to get your feedbacks. And there will be more in 2017, also a complete new Addams Family with much more unbelievable features! I want to make the TAF more great again. Stay tuned, it will be also a topic here in this forum.

Now the complete engravings have gotten black colour, that´s the first step before it get his basic painting.

IMG_7945 (resized).JPGIMG_7945 (resized).JPG

#20 7 years ago

And here is now the first basic blue painting for the oceans........

IMG_7949 (resized).JPGIMG_7949 (resized).JPG

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This machine is going to be awsome....
It looks like you have another modified pinball cabinet....care to share pics of that too?....looks great

Looks like Wizard Blocks

#22 7 years ago

This is awesome!

#23 7 years ago

I have a lot of pics in my stock, will be shown here in next time. Next year a lot of pinball work will be done, also my Wizard Blocks will be re-designed to Wizard Blocks II. Much work for this game is in progress, all CAD construction drawings were done, and also a many new 3D animations will be finished next year.

#24 7 years ago

Second painting is done for all countries around the world map. More paintings coming soon....... and also the first drafts were done at the cabinets outside.

IMG_7950 (resized).JPGIMG_7950 (resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

The red air route is done at the sideboard, more details coming soon for the towns & the towns names. Now i prepare the area for the center cabinet´s painting.

IMG_7951 (resized).JPGIMG_7951 (resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago

The (not complete) finished paintings at the cabinet, inside it is complete sanded and clearcoated.

IMG_7955 (resized).JPGIMG_7955 (resized).JPG

#27 7 years ago

Moving the cabinet on his back to finish the work. The holes were closed with a thin layer of plywood, and the pillars were painted with screen printing colour. The pillars were finally fixed with the main frame from the cabinet.

IMG_7956 (resized).JPGIMG_7956 (resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago

Thanks for the updates -- each step is great to see.

#29 7 years ago

It is allways wonderful to share my work with pinball guys around the world

Now the backbox must be integrated with the cabinet, i don´t wanna see later a passage between this two parts. Difficult construction now, and first i fixed two strong hingles behind the backbox and cabinet. Now the cabinet can be moved complete behind the backbox. To get a vertical line for the backbox, i used a plumb line to get a perfect measurement. And also, in the time i´m working now on this project, it will get a mod. The cabinet will get an extension to create two walls on the left and right side.

IMG_7958 (resized).JPGIMG_7958 (resized).JPG

#30 7 years ago

Looks absolutely outstanding.

#31 7 years ago

Hey Harry, thanks so much for your feedback!

On both sides from the cabinet the wall is finished now, let´s go to the backbox. Cutted out two triangles for both sides, and on the bottom will be also a finish with a small plywood.

IMG_7960 (resized).JPGIMG_7960 (resized).JPG

#32 7 years ago

The backbox now with the two fixed parts of plywood. Certainly better, if all will be refurbished now, so the bb has gotten new black colour. And last, but not least a new and removable topper. This topper is fixed with two bolts on the top of the backbox.

IMG_7961 (resized).JPGIMG_7961 (resized).JPG

#33 7 years ago

I decided now, cutting out each stone for the cabinet & bb. That i don´t loose my overview, i made first the complete draft with numbers for each stone. Around 300 stones which must be cutted out now......

IMG_7963 (resized).JPGIMG_7963 (resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

That's a wide widebody. Looks Great.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

That's a wide widebody. Looks Great.

Funny thats what I was thinking. Its going to be a monster and about 500 pounds. It will be tough to tilt that babe.

#36 7 years ago

IJ....now comes in Extra Wide.

Looks Great!

#37 7 years ago

This is gonna be so amazing when finished, and weigh a ton too!!!

#38 7 years ago

Fantastic work!! I have IJ envy!

#39 7 years ago

Hey guys, indeed it´s a wide widebody game and the weight will be around 500 pounds If this game will be removed in future to his new location, we need four strong guys......

Now cutting out the stones, and each stone must be sanded at the edges. Then fixing with glue and two small nails, this job needed around one week and takes no end....... finally a tremendous work, but you will see the result in a few days.......

IMG_7964 (resized).JPGIMG_7964 (resized).JPG

#40 7 years ago

Many stones were fixed now, and the right wall has gotten his finish. That´s the result of three days work now.......

IMG_7966 (resized).JPGIMG_7966 (resized).JPG

#41 7 years ago

Love your skills! Great job added to my favorites.

#42 7 years ago

this is amazing!

#43 7 years ago

Thanks so much, guys...... and here we go, milling the pillars now for the backbox.......

IMG_7968 (resized).JPGIMG_7968 (resized).JPG

#44 7 years ago

The stones were all fixed now, also inside from the backbox including the milled pillars at the edges from the backbox. The walls on both sides have gotten end plates, which will get some nice engravings on the top.

IMG_7969 (resized).JPGIMG_7969 (resized).JPG

#45 7 years ago

Wow labor of love. Looks sweet

#46 7 years ago

I'm going to have to fly to Germany to play this when it's done. So epic!

#47 7 years ago

Holy Moly! You wouldn't happen to have a design/engineering background would ya

#48 7 years ago

This looks amazing. Incredible work.

#49 7 years ago

As others have said.....WOW! Just incredible skills here.

Can't wait to see the final product!

Chris

#50 7 years ago

Wow, what a great feedback here.... perhaps there is a chance that this game will move to the us or canada to a public location in future. This game is only a warm-up project now. In 2017 my work will be going more wild, stay tuned and wait what happens, will be shown here in this forum

Now i create the pillars finish for the bottom and the top, turning a piece of wood on my machine.

IMG_7971 (resized).JPGIMG_7971 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 29.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,419.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/specialpinball-indiana-jones-re-design-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.