Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    dirty-hair.jpg
    photo.JPG
    photo-1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

(Yes, I'm well aware this is several years old and many of you might have watched already. But it's new to me and maybe some other people haven't heard of it.)

Ever watch a movie and enjoy it a lot, yet be so disappointed with it?

Was terrific seeing all the pins, but the interviews with the designers and programmers were so brief. So much potential for an interesting documentary about PINBALL and instead this was, albeit hilariously entertaining, an episode of Hoarders: Pinball Edition. Or My Strange Addiction: Pinball Special.

Sat down to watch this with my kids to give them some insight to the history and evolution of pinball... and most of the time we were sitting there like OMG WHAT THE HECK???

I mean, really? The documentary HAD to waste time on middle age Waldo instead of Steve Ritchie and pinball machines? No way can I recommend this documentary to anyone as a serious doc on pinball. Can only recommend it in a train wreck, you gotta watch this, sort of way.

photo-1.JPGphoto-1.JPG photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Crap, I should have checked Netflix first. Duh. I downloaded it off Usenet....was only 900mb though.

#4 10 years ago

The editing during the Pingeek segment was hilarious though. Hearing him trying to sell his DVDs of the videos he took at old pinball expos, and then cutting to this huge hall room nearly empty, and showing the puzzled/amused/bewildered faces of the few people there.....comedy gold.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from coz6:

Removed Post - after reading Sam was basically bullied after documentary.

Which guy was Sam? And where can I read about the docs aftermath?

Nevermind....I refreshed the page and saw the rest of the replies about him. Sucks if he felt he was treated poorly.

#41 10 years ago

I don't want to read about my aftermath....doing it now. Want to read his thoughts about the doc.

Hey, I can't help how the guy looks or lives....he appeared on my TV screen without warning in the middle of what I thought was a docu about pinball. He totally distracted us. I included the screenshots because, well, a picture is worth 1000 words, and so anyone who didn't see it would understand what I was speaking about.

#43 10 years ago

I will admit to playing Starship a Troopers last night trying to do Rick's moves. Seriously. It was fun trying to become one with the machine and to feel the ball having fun in there.

I'd totally watched Extreme Makeover: Pinball Edition

The before and afters would be amazing.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 10 years ago

Ok, now this is funny. Well done.

#53 10 years ago

Note to self, when appearing in a documentary, make certain a ball is hanging out.

One ball = hilarity

Two balls = gross! no one wants to see that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-when-lit-watched-last-night?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.