Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    dirty-hair.jpg
    photo.JPG
    photo-1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago

to be honest, in my experience, that documentary captured the majority of pinball hobbyists quite well...

walking around the allentown show this year pretty much confirms the above...

like it or not, the people in that doc are the "history" of pinball... "the life and times of steve ritchie" really isn't...

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You're not giving me facts, you're giving me an emotional response. Give me some facts about how it was manipulated. Everyone in the movie are real people...doing the real things that they do....really collecting...really playing. Sam Harvey, Koi Morris, Lyman Sheats, Steve Ritchie, Roger Sharp, Rick Stetta, etc....are REAL people, not some Borat style creations.
    What is manipulated and not accurate? I know when documentaries are editing for a point of view or to manipulate the viewer. This isn't politics, it's pinball. This movie shows pinballs history, creators, collectors, and players. What is faked or not portrayed accurately?

agreed... as noted earlier, i found it to be spot on...

perhaps the ones who disagree would have preferred it if it focused in a small group of relatively wealthy middle aged men whining/crying that they didn't get a met le... or who obsess over perfect shooter lanes... or what "toy" they are going to get next... etc. of course, when looked at from the outside, that group would be viewed as, ummm, "different" as well...

face it... the pinball hobby has been dominated by people who are pretty much exactly like the ones you saw in the doc, and i liked the "unvarnished/not prettied up" way it was done... that may offend the sensibilities of some who wish it was different, or want to ignore the fact that the majority of pinheads when "pinball ruled the world" were loners, geeks or just pretty darn strange...

sometimes, it sucks to look in the mirror...

#70 10 years ago

^^^

i'd give the ball that isn't hanging out of my shorts for raphael's woodrail collection...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-when-lit-watched-last-night?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.