Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    dirty-hair.jpg
    photo.JPG
    photo-1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 10 years ago

Best documentary was Tilt: the Battle to save pinball.

#80 10 years ago

Actually , my wife enjoyed Tilt a lot, and she's a very random casual player. I'm in Special when lit and she still didn't care for it as much. Said it made us all look like freaks.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Molly's bday gift to herself was to retire from pinside.

Less stress is a good gift.

#135 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think it's pretty obvious that SWL is an attempted hit piece on the hobby. They didn't have much of a story to tell, so they tried to focus on the most awkward moments from some of the more awkward pinheads.

Just for the fact that I was actually in it, can pretty much tell you they were shooting for a freak show.

7 months later
    #167 9 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Holy moly.
    What's he doing for a living?? (Don't want to know exactly_ what, for private life's sake, but still curious as to what kind of income you need to have something like that going)

You don't have to be rich to have a nice collection like that. Just had to be doing this for a long time and get the stuff when you could buy games 3 at a time for $100 for all 3. Back in the day, pinball, bowlers and other games were dirt cheap. Late night thursday auctions, they were giving you games for $10 each just to get them the hell out of there.

knowledge is the key in this world. If you know how to fix and restore games, you can get a lot for very little. Less you know, the fatter your wallet better be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-when-lit-watched-last-night?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.