Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gene-wilder-willy-wonka.0.0 (resized).jpg
    GT Mock 2 (resized).jpg
    SWL Freres Martin (resized).jpg
    Brent Brunner (resized).jpg
    EDI Steve Bowden (resized).jpg
    Munsters Panel (resized).jpg
    ZMeny Guest Host (resized).jpg
    SWL Holiday Show Logo (resized).jpg
    IMG_8803 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8800 (resized).jpg
    canliter_jupina_1000px_drop (resized).png
    On Deck Brian Eddy (resized).jpg
    Jack Danger Promo (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1543124199625 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    45219151_2172914269650022_9092357834766548992_n (resized).jpg
    There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I do want to discuss the similarities between AFM and MM if he feels any pressure coming back after some time off. I'll definitely let him know that you were asking about his hair!

Ask if he could make one change to each of his three masterpieces what would that be (whether that be adjustment to code, layout, toys, rules, budget, etc).

Does he own any pins, especially any newer ones?

#102 5 years ago

Ask him if he was ever in a soft rock band in the 70's.

#103 5 years ago

I may have to listen to this one.

#104 5 years ago

What are the main similarities and differences between the pinball and video game industries and which does he prefer.

#105 5 years ago

When will this episode be available? Looking forward to hearing from Brian Eddy.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

When will this episode be available? Looking forward to hearing from Brian Eddy.

Yes, me too. I thought it was supposed to be out Wed this week or so.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Pepsi and Captain Morgan's rum Bill?!
    Eegads!
    More importantly, GB not in need of a code update? Apparently, you guys don't listen to This Flippin' Podcast and/or agree with Taylor.

Did I miss a Capt. Morgan reference?

Just in case i did let me say that Pepsi and the Capt is a Great choice. To me even better with Sprite, this is usually my go to for long days of drinking like at shows, it's a little lighter and easy to drink all day long even if your glass warms up no biggie just chug it down.

The absolute best mix with Capt. Morgan is with a good Pineapple soda, i would recommend Jupiña if you can find it. It's everywhere in South Florida.

Anyway back to Pinball.
    Ask Brian who was leading the development of the story lines of MM and AFM mainly making them so Funny. And can he please do it again we need more fun pins that make you laugh.

canliter_jupina_1000px_drop (resized).pngcanliter_jupina_1000px_drop (resized).png
    #108 5 years ago

Uh ... sounds yummy Bill.

Where's B Eddy?

#109 5 years ago

Brian Eddy interview will be available for download Sunday, December 16th at 6pm. We have been updating the status of his interview via our facebook page. My apologies for not doing that here as well. It was fun welcoming him back to pinball!
    IMG_8800 (resized).jpgIMG_8800 (resized).jpgIMG_8803 (resized).jpgIMG_8803 (resized).jpg

#110 5 years ago

Join us as we welcome back Brian Eddy to pinball. In his first ever podcast Brian talks about his past as well as his return to pinball at Stern. Fun times as always in this very laid back conversation.

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-28-brian-eddy-stern-pinball

#111 5 years ago

Cool! I’ll have to listen tonight or tomorrow. Ive owned all of his pins and would like to hear from him and why he left pinball for 20 years. I’ve just recently started listening to your podcast and have enjoyed it. Keep up the great work

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Cool! I’ll have to listen tonight or tomorrow. Ive owned all of his pins and would like to hear from him and why he left pinball for 20 years. I’ve just recently started listening to your podcast and have enjoyed it. Keep up the great work

Thanks so much for listening, Coz. I'm really glad you found us. Brian was awesome to talk pinball with. Hope you enjoy the conversation.

#113 5 years ago

going to listen to this right now!!

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

going to listen to this right now!!

Hurry! Haha, have fun with it like we did

#115 5 years ago

Really great interview, Brian is a funny guy!

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Really great interview, Brian is a funny guy!

He really is a great guy. So relieving that a person in pinball that I have so much respect for is an outstanding person as well.

Thanks for the nice words regarding the discussion.

#117 5 years ago

Great interview. You guys worked really well together and it was fun and interesting. Looking forward to his new pin.

#118 5 years ago

Bill and Ted's pinball machine designer is Brian Eddy? Was that the subliminal message?

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Bill and Ted's pinball machine designer is Brian Eddy? Was that the subliminal message?

#120 5 years ago

Great show, Gentlemen! The last few interviews have been fun!!

#121 5 years ago

Just finished listening,great job guys.Brian sounds like a fun guy,I think he fits like a glove with the Stern crew. They have a lot of talent roaming the halls at Stern right now,I think he is right with his closing remarks,the best is yet to come!
    It is a great time to be a player and owner of machines right now.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Great show, Gentlemen! The last few interviews have been fun!!

Appreciate the feedback as always! All of the interviews have been fun for us and we are looking forward to more in the weeks to come.

Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Just finished listening,great job guys.Brian sounds like a fun guy,I think he fits like a glove with the Stern crew. They have a lot of talent roaming the halls at Stern right now,I think he is right with his closing remarks,the best is yet to come!
    It is a great time to be a player and owner of machines right now.

I had a lot of respect for Brian Eddy and even more so now after getting to know him on more of a personal level. He will fit right in with his friends/colleagues at Stern and I am convinced that he has some great things in store for all of us.

Thanks for the nice words regarding our conversation with Brian!

#123 5 years ago

Working through some of the old episodes.

First thing - STP were an awesome band.

Second - a peeve - you keep referring to TNA and Beatles as “Street level games”

They are not that. They are “single level games”

“Street level games” were stripped back pins that Gottlieb made for a period 1990-91 to lower the price. Smaller cabinets, less features. Hoops, Vegas, etc.

TnA and Beatles are not that.

Whew, I feel better now.

rd

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Working through some of the old episodes.
    First thing - STP were an awesome band.
    Second - a peeve - you keep referring to TNA and Beatles as “Street level games”
    They are not that. They are “single level games”
    “Street level games” were stripped back pins that Gottlieb made for a period 1990-91 to lower the price. Smaller cabinets, less features. Hoops, Vegas, etc.
    TnA and Beatles are not that.
    Whew, I feel better now.
    rd

Yep. Dennis from Eclectic Gamers Podcast gave us a thorough explanation on our facebook page and I promise to never do it again.

Thanks for checking us out, rotodave.

STP!!!

#125 5 years ago

Great holiday show episode! And thanks for all your podcasts, makes my Tuesday evening commute just a little more bearable. Happy holidays to Ken, Bill and their families.

#126 5 years ago

I listened to this one a couple days ago. Brian sounds like one hell of a nice guy.

Nicely done, Ken and Bill.

#127 5 years ago

John Borg, Jack Danger, Steve Ritchie, Chuck Emery, Scott Danesi, Jersey Jack, Eric Munier, George Gomez, Gary Stern or MORE on our Holiday Special Episode 30 of Special When Lit Pinball Podcast. New Year resolutions and predictions from the heavy hitters in pinball. Owners, designers, programmers, YouTubers, streamers, podcasters...This one is a MONSTER!

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-30-holiday-special
    SWL Holiday Show Logo (resized).jpgSWL Holiday Show Logo (resized).jpg

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

John Borg, Jack Danger, Steve Ritchie, Chuck Emery, Scott Danesi, Jersey Jack, Eric Munier, George Gomez, Gary Stern or MORE on our Holiday Special Episode 30 of Special When Lit Pinball Podcast. New Year resolutions and predictions from the heavy hitters in pinball. Owners, designers, programmers, YouTubers, streamers...This one is a MONSTER!
    http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-30-holiday-special

Looking forward to the commute home now. Thanks guys for making my life just a little bit better!

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looking forward to the commute home now. Thanks guys for making my life just a little bit better!

Enjoy this one! Extremely fun episode hosted by Ken Cromwell, Bill Webb, and Dwight Sullivan (Stern Pinball).

#130 5 years ago

Fun listen!! All the pinball personalities wrapped up into one - even Kaneda!

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Fun listen!! All the pinball personalities wrapped up into one - even Kaneda!

Some of the media pinball personalities on that show were Jeff Patterson (TWIP), Zach Meny & Greg Bone (SDTM), Jeff Teolis (Pinball Profile), Mrs. Pin, Martin and Ryan C (H2H), Kaneda, and more.

Thanks again, @27dnast!

#132 5 years ago

Can you get this on Stitcher?

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from gottafixit:

Can you get this on Stitcher?

Absolutely. I've submitted an application to Stitcher just now and anticipate an approval within the next 5 days. I will confirm here when that process is complete. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 week later
    #135 5 years ago

Zach Meny (SDTM & TWIP Podcast) joins the show to talk about the shows he hosts, the TWIPYs, pinball news, toppers, Drain It or Save It, Pinball Subconscious, and more! We all had some fun on Episode 31.

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-31-zach-meny

ZMeny Guest Host (resized).jpgZMeny Guest Host (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #136 5 years ago

Thank you Stern Pinball for allowing us to record The Making of The Munsters Pinball round table discussion with John Borg (design), Dwight Sullivan (code), Christopher Franchi (artwork), and Jerry Thompson (sound)!

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-33-making-of-the-munsters-pinball

Munsters Panel (resized).jpgMunsters Panel (resized).jpg
    #137 5 years ago

Great podcast!
    Very entertaining and informative to hear from the main team. Thank you.

#138 5 years ago

Played it today - awesome game! Premium is super sweet!

#141 5 years ago

Thanks for putting this together guys!

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks for putting this together guys!

Thanks for listening!

#143 5 years ago

Great podcast. I look forward to it every episode! I also voted for you on the twipy awards!!!

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

Great podcast. I look forward to it every episode! I also voted for you on the twipy awards!!!

Hey, thanks for listening and for your TWIPY vote!!! We really appreciate that kind of support!

1 week later
    #145 5 years ago

Steve Bowden joins Ken and Bill on episode 36 of Special When Lit Pinball Podcast. Steve talks pinball media, ambassadorship, competition, and deeproot!

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-36-steve-bowden-fun-with-bonus-deeproot-pinball

EDI Steve Bowden (resized).jpgEDI Steve Bowden (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #146 5 years ago

Can someone fill me in on what the heck Ken was talking about at the end of their latest Podcast? I know he was intentionally trying to be vague but it’s going to drive me crazy now.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Can someone fill me in on what the heck Ken was talking about at the end of their latest Podcast? I know he was intentionally trying to be vague but it’s going to drive me crazy now.

Same

#148 5 years ago

I know what he’s talking about... sure would be nice if people would just say what they mean without doing a dance.

#149 5 years ago

Ken/Bill - The last thing I really need right now is another pinball t-shirt, but I gotta say - yours is too BITCHIN' to pass up!

Just placed my order. Thanks!

#150 5 years ago

Wait, you made a t-shirt and you didn't have Margaret do it for you? Come on man, use your resources!

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-when-lit-pinball-podcast-startsnow/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.