(Topic ID: 2489)

Special When Lit Impressions


By Gusphan

9 years ago



Topic Stats

  • 40 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

    Topic Gallery

    There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

    CIMG0089_(resized).jpg
    vlcsnap-5330-04-23-04h14m29s653.png

    You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoVArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

    #5 9 years ago

    I'll give it a 5/10, definitely not buying this on Bluray. Way too much time spent on the eccentrics in the hobby. I understand they were trying to make for an interesting movie, but come on. I really felt bad for that old dude in his hoarder house setup. Time could have been better spent talking to Lyman regarding rules/programming. More with steve richie and his history in the industry.

    The fact the annoying guy with the terrible dvdr's got as much time as he did, I don't understand their decision making other than try to alienate people from getting interested in the hobby.

    Tilt! was a much MUCH better documentary.

    #9 9 years ago

    Now that I think more about it, absolutely terrible movie. The 2 hall of fame designers got barely a word in edge wise. More than half the movie was spent on the nut jobs, plenty of awkward moments. Felt more like an episode or hoarders, or doctor phil. Glad they decided to interview less than 1% of the typical pinball owner, vs the other 99% of pinball owners who are raising families/holding down normal employment etc...

    The only saving grace was Roger Sharpe.

    They barely talked about the fall of pinball in arcades, no mention of pin 2k. In fact I think it was the last 10 minutes of the movie. It's like they focused on the crazies, and then realized at the last moment "maybe we should cover some history real quick"

    #12 9 years ago

    Roger Sharpe was interviewed for Tilt! and they talk to him for like a 1/2 hour in the extras. He covers the same material and more.

    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    $ 19.00
    From: $ 255.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    From: $ 179.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    From: $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 30.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    £ 59.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.95
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    From: $ 22.95
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    From: $ 21.00
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball

    You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoVArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

    Hey there! Got a moment?

    Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside