Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bigbad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi I have a high speed with a system 11a board in it, my special solenoids are not working, I bought this board off of eBay...my question is, will this board be a direct drop in or do I need to do some sort of modification before it will work. Everything works on this board but the special solenoids so before I start trouble shooting the board I'm just curious if any one knows of anything special I need to do to get this game to work, also if anyone knows which ic's are most likely the culprit that would be useful I don't care about replacing any amount of chips

#2 7 years ago

U50 7402.... I JUST had this problem and U50 was the culprit. I believe it runs 4 of the 6 special sol.'s.

#3 7 years ago

Ok I have the original board that was in it and all the special solenoids worked so I'll swap it and post the results

#4 7 years ago

Nope

#5 7 years ago

I'd love to help but your post is way to cryptic to offer any real information regarding your board swap results.

#6 7 years ago

Sorry...I swapped out u50 and no go I'll be swapping out all other chips that are in this circuit and be posting results

#7 7 years ago

Are the 6 zenner diodes in place on the board in question? I take it you know that those special sol.'s are not run by a PIA.

#8 7 years ago

I thought the diodes were only when putting a system 11 board into a system 11a or 11b game, not when putting 11a into 11...let me know

3 weeks later
#9 7 years ago

Fixed....special solenoids switches needed board work....fixed that....then I couldn't get my main relay to come on, replaced a bad u50, then also had a bad u56 replaced these and game is up and operational....now I have a few mechanical things to take care of on the playfield and this game will be working 100% as it should

#10 7 years ago

What did you have to do to the board for the switches? I have a pop bumper that had a blown transistor on the board. Checked the switch and it's not closed. Replaced the transistor and after a test game for a different issue, could smell smoke. Pop coil is not locked on, but is hot, and new transistor is dead.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What did you have to do to the board for the switches? I have a pop bumper that had a blown transistor on the board. Checked the switch and it's not closed. Replaced the transistor and after a test game for a different issue, could smell smoke. Pop coil is not locked on, but is hot, and new transistor is dead.

If you didn't change the coil and diode, it's possible that a bad coil diode fried the transistor.

Always check the solenoid, transistor and diode. Predriver transistor, too. Replace them all at the same time. You don't have to change the coil if it ohms out OK.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

If you didn't change the coil and diode, it's possible that a bad coil diode fried the transistor.
Always check the solenoid, transistor and diode. Predriver transistor, too. Replace them all at the same time. You don't have to change the coil if it ohms out OK.

Thanks, will look into that set of items.

#13 7 years ago

I used what I believe is a system 11b... I thought it was a system 11a but it was not....basically 2 of the pins were going to ground and I severed those traces....to match the system 11 board

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-solenoids-high-speed-11a-board?hl=bigbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.