Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1AD80E07-C528-48C2-A905-75C06731265D (resized).jpeg
    b4d216cba95155bd87dd4ffae9ab234da03d990e (resized).jpg
    a771632c7d19d5dd9e0473533f8ea03e5663e7da (resized).jpg
    54143F58-842B-49ED-8D56-3E9D61A51B0D (resized).jpeg
    D78BBFEA-A3AD-428E-8790-BF29FFE61DBB (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0900 (resized).JPG
    top (resized).png
    SolSaver_Sys11late (resized).jpg
    SolSaver_Sys11early (resized).jpg
    SolSaver_Sys9 (resized).jpg
    sneak peak top (resized).png
    20161207225146738 (resized).jpg
    1.0x0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2341 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5401 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Working with some local guys for a bulk order. We're at 14 of these so far.

2 weeks later
    #16 7 years ago

I got my kits yesterday and put together some pics of the build.

The build was pretty simple. It was complicated by my looking at a picture of a driver board and not an actual. In pics it looks like the top pin on 2J12 is pin 1. Looking at an actual driver board shows that the marking is actually pin 9 and 1 is marked on the other end of the header.

The kit came packaged in an anti-static bag and contained all the parts:IMG_5395 (resized).jpgIMG_5395 (resized).jpg

Here's an exploded view of the parts:IMG_5396 (resized).jpgIMG_5396 (resized).jpg

Assembly is 12 fuse clips and 2 headers. I inserted the fuse into the clips prior to placing in the through holes. This kept the clips aligned. I did Top F6 and Bottom F3 first to keep the pcb level, then gravity will keep the pcb pressed flat on the other clips as you solder them.

The header pins align with the lock to the right with the board text correctly oriented. I did both at the same time to allow gravity to hold the pcb for me. This matches the position of the holder on 2J12 on the driver board for reference. I soldered all but the key pin # 5 and then pulled the key pin out. The headers are labeled 2J12A and 2J12B.

The harness was where the confusion was for me. The harness is a 1 to 1 pass-through. Pins 1 & 2 are the flipper enables and are not fuse protected. But if the harness is not wired right you will route the flipper enable through the fuses and SS5 & 6 will pass through. This is the least of your worries as all of the specials will be wired to the incorrect transistor and weirdness will happen.

I made a couple of labels for the 9 pin connector housings. This cleared it up for me and I wired the harness 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc... skipping pin 5IMG_5400 (resized).jpgIMG_5400 (resized).jpg

Total elapsed time for the first board was about 15 minutes including time for pics and labels. Experienced builders can do the whole thing in less than 10 minutes.IMG_5401 (resized).jpgIMG_5401 (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

Had some buddies over last night and several of them bought these boards with me in a bulk buy. They were impressed with the details on the board. Having the transistor number printed under the fuse is a real life saver.

Now that we know this will work on Sys 11 I see another large order coming up

2 months later
    #53 7 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Similar idea for fusing the AC side of the bridges in WMS 3-11 games. Has holes for wire to board or to use molex 1.56" kk plugs. Would you use something like this?

I would

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-solenoid-saver-board-for-wms-3-7?tu=Cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.