3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by CanadianPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

54143F58-842B-49ED-8D56-3E9D61A51B0D (resized).jpeg
    D78BBFEA-A3AD-428E-8790-BF29FFE61DBB (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0900 (resized).JPG
    top (resized).png
    SolSaver_Sys11late (resized).jpg
    SolSaver_Sys11early (resized).jpg
    SolSaver_Sys9 (resized).jpg
    sneak peak top (resized).png
    20161207225146738 (resized).jpg
    1.0x0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2341 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5396 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5395 (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

Similar idea for fusing the AC side of the bridges in WMS 3-11 games. Has holes for wire to board or to use molex 1.56" kk plugs. Would you use something like this?

top (resized).png

#52 2 years ago

Just had a specific fuse go out on one of my boards...

Thanks for protecting my pins!

-mof

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Similar idea for fusing the AC side of the bridges in WMS 3-11 games. Has holes for wire to board or to use molex 1.56" kk plugs. Would you use something like this?

I would

#54 2 years ago

Relabel your SS fuse board for System 11 and I will buy 4.

#55 2 years ago

This is a nice upgrade. Had to go to 2 amp slo blow for diverter coils on f-14. These tend to stay on long and will blow the 1.25 amp fuse quick. Thanks for doing these!

#56 2 years ago

Just installed one in a Firepower that's been shorting the 2amp solenoid fuse (that I put a fuse breaker on)

Thanks to your invetion -- now I know precisely who the culprit is, and I can keep playing... It's the top right pop. I moved the 2amp fuse breaker now to JUST the pop until I put in the time to figure out where the short is...

Now I gotta open a new thread to learn how to best troubleshoot a short in a pop bumper...

thanks!!!!!!
    -mof

1 week later
    #57 2 years ago

Diode replaced on top right pop (thanks to vid's suggestion) and now I appear to be golden on that pin -- first time since I got it over a year ago.

Your board made all the difference in the troubleshooting. Before, all the special solenoids died and I had no idea where the problem might be.

If you haven't put one of these on every WMS 3-11 pin you own, get it done.

Thank you x 9000.

-mof

#59 2 years ago

Yes, I would like to buy 5 of them please. Unassembled if possible.

#61 2 years ago

If I go to the website and 'Buy Now', it seems to immediately go to Paypal. How do you put multiple items in a cart and possibly combine shipping in the process?

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joey_N:

If I go to the website and 'Buy Now', it seems to immediately go to Paypal. How do you put multiple items in a cart and possibly combine shipping in the process?

my website is in "zero overhead" mode. So i don't have a shopping cart setup.

For multiple items, send me a PM here or use the contact form on the website. I can send you a paypal invoice to an email address.

Thanks
    Andrew

6 months later
    #63 2 years ago

Ordered one of your diy kits. I look forward to putting together and installing in my jungle lord. I recently had a solenoid lock on due to a bad transistor. This board would have simplified the process I went through in order to track down my problem. Thanks!

#64 2 years ago

Got mine assembled and installed tonight. Fun, simple, and practiacal project! Thanks @barakandI

IMG_0900 (resized).JPG

2 months later
    #65 2 years ago

I added the sol saver to my syst 11 Space Station since I wanted fuses for my jet bumpers. I believe that I came up with a good option for mounting. I used the right side wall of the back box. And instead of connecting it at terminal 1j19 I used 8j3 on the aux power driver board where that same bundle connects. There was enough slack in that bundle to reach my new board. Since there are only six wires in that bundle I didn’t need to be concerned about the two that pass through. The green wire included with the kit was not quite long enough so I built another harness. I made my own custom label as well.

D78BBFEA-A3AD-428E-8790-BF29FFE61DBB (resized).jpeg

54143F58-842B-49ED-8D56-3E9D61A51B0D (resized).jpeg

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Probably not this specific board because of the way the connectors are setup. Same reason I don't use the othe dual bridge board out there. I'd rather keep the 1/4" terminal on these.

I'd much rather see a kit of two high quality fuse holders, mounting screws, 8A slow blow fuses, and two jumper wires with the 1/4" terminals ready to go. Add a couple labels and I'm sure you'd sell quite a few.

Your special solenoid board is awesome and very well done. That is plug and play. If this works in system 11 games too I would order another and I know of a couple others with system 11 games like F-14 that would want them too.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Probably not this specific board because of the way the connectors are setup. Same reason I don't use the othe dual bridge board out there. I'd rather keep the 1/4" terminal on these.
    I'd much rather see a kit of two high quality fuse holders, mounting screws, 8A slow blow fuses, and two jumper wires with the 1/4" terminals ready to go. Add a couple labels and I'm sure you'd sell quite a few.
    Your special solenoid board is awesome and very well done. That is plug and play. If this works in system 11 games too I would order another and I know of a couple others with system 11 games like F-14 that would want them too.

I created the bridge AC side fuse board for lamps/sol but never followed through with making samples and putting it for sale. I will dig out the boards and see where its at.

2 years later
    #68 47 days ago

Put this in my Firepower and it saved me on the first boot up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 50.00
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.00
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 24.50
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside